Start by marking “The 12th Year Awakening (Amelia Maylock, #1)” as Want to Read:
The 12th Year Awakening (Amelia Maylock, #1)

The 12th Year Awakening (Amelia Maylock #1)

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  19 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Little did Amelia know that as she dressed for school on a normal Friday morning at the beginning of March, her life would soon change forever. 'You are here because you are the only one who can defeat her. I don't know when you will meet her or where but I know it will happen. We found out your whereabouts only recently when an ancient book was discovered, telling us abou ...more
Kindle Edition, Kindle, 153 pages
Published March 30th 2012 by JTT Publishing (first published October 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The 12th Year Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 12th Year Awakening

Angelfall by Susan EeBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Vampire Hunter's Daughter by Jennifer Malone WrightEmber by Madison DanielBirthright by Willow Cross
Best Independent Novels
275th out of 2,426 books — 3,395 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderA Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'EngleAnne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
The Must-Have Series for Children Ages 6 to 12
173rd out of 532 books — 1,053 voters

More lists with this book...

Wanda Hartzenberg
Feb 15, 2012 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it really liked it
Amelia Maylock: book one. The 12th year awakening. By Jay Ellis.

Genre: Young Adults, paranormal.

Basic story line:
This book is the first of a series of books by Jay Ellis. Amelia, a twelfth year old girl learns that she is special. Real special. Amelia is a witch. Not any old witch either. She is a very powerful witch. A witch who will need all her powers to face the future destined for her.

Amelia learns that she, as a witch is the counter to her evil twin, Erryas. As witches, the two of them to
Bonnie Bernard
May 17, 2012 Bonnie Bernard rated it really liked it
This book had incredibly fun imagery - the best I've read in a long time. There are worlds that shift and move under Amelia's feet, and other places...like the one where the old witch who lives behind a secret wall and hangs out with talking wild creatures. Then there's this very strange place - the real world...where Amelia lives, eats, sleeps, goes to school. It's all very enjoyable to picture in your head. It had my imagination on overdrive...and that made my brain very, very happy. It's one ...more
Lynn Worton
Sep 07, 2013 Lynn Worton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic YA fantasy for children! I loved it!

Amelia Maylock is a fantastic character. She is a normal young girl, or so she thinks, but she soon finds out that she isn't; she is a witch and has powers she never knew she had. I really liked this character as she struggles to accept that her whole life has been turned upside down. She is courageous and brave, but also extremely confused and frightened.

I had previously read another book series by this author and loved it, so I knew that
Christoph Fischer
Mar 01, 2013 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
"Amelia Maylock: The 12th Year Awakening" by Jason Ellis is another well written work.
In this series a young girl discovers that not only is she a witch, but also that she has to battle her evil twin sister. With help from other witches, amongst others my favourite - the grumpy old hag - she chases through several dimensions to find a yellow jewel, one of several jewels that are important for the power balance between good and evil.Her sister already has horded some of these.
Amelia is new to her
Elias Zapple
Jason Ellis has written a quite wonderful character in Amelia, one in which I think a lot of girls will identify with. Strong, brave yet sometimes unsure and confused, very real traits. She goes on a fantastic and elaborate journey and meets her evil twin! We all have one. I had one until my slugs and I managed to eradicate him. This is the first in the series and sets off at a terrific pace. My slugs and I are already looking forward to the others.
Jade
Apr 06, 2014 Jade rated it liked it
Final Thoughts
Jason Ellis has created a world that is both complex and full of depth - I definitely hope to continue on with this series in the future!

My full thoughts on The 12th Year Awakening can be found on my blog, alongside a mini Q&A with author - http://www.lifesopenpages.blogspot.co.uk
Janie
Nov 29, 2012 Janie rated it it was amazing
Am leaving this review for my 12 year old daughter Chloe who has read this book.

This story is an excellent fantasy and I can't wait to read the second book as this one had me gripped all the way through, I just couldn't put it down.
I loved the way Amelia was awakened to the many magical dimensions around her and the clever way that someone is interfering in her travels. I also love how she can lead two separate lives :)
Excellent book for any child age 9+
Love Jason's book's :)
Lauren
Feb 26, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Amelia finds out she is no ordinary child, she has special magical powers and needs to defeat her evil sister Erryaz. Amelia, with the help of Anin and the Old Hag starts to learn about her magical abilities when her friends become lost in another dimension. Amelia must rely on the little training she has to save them. I can’t wait to find out more about Erryaz and see what happens next. Reader beware this is a hard book to put down!
Brittany Young
Jun 04, 2013 Brittany Young rated it really liked it
such a great book! cant wait for my daughter to read this!
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Sarah Elizabeth Hall
Sarah Elizabeth Hall marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Lesley Fatt
Lesley Fatt marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
shan britten
shan britten rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Mary C Brunngraeber
Mary C Brunngraeber marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Nola
Nola marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
T
T rated it it was ok
Nov 23, 2015
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Ameera W
Ameera W rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Julie-Ann Amos
Julie-Ann Amos marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Allison Sautkus
Allison Sautkus marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
De Jr.
De Jr. marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Krizshia
Krizshia marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
D'eBook  Sharing
D'eBook Sharing marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I started writing in approximately 1997(ish) with an idea that was in my head ... it's still there, maybe one day I'll finish it.
Anyway, true story, I started off with a trilogy(sci-fi) after I drew an illustration on my PC. You see, there had to be a reason for the picture - what was happening? What had made this scene happen?
Like I say, a trilogy followed, from one picture ... it'll be re-publis
More about Jason Ellis...

Amelia Maylock (4 books)
  • Hidden in the Amethyst (Amelia Maylock, #2)
  • Ysmirao and the Pearl of Time (Amelia Maylock, #3)
  • The Jade Treasure of Shadows (Amelia Maylock, #4)

“This is not my bedroom!” 0 likes
“How can you take such a risk? This could mean anything! It could mean nothing at all! Haven’t you heard of fiction? This might be just from the imagination of a poet!” 0 likes