Start by marking “Disenchanted (Darkest Powers, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Disenchanted (Darkest Powers, #2.5)

Disenchanted (Darkest Powers #2.5)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  934 ratings  ·  32 reviews
This novella is no longer published online but can be found in Darkest Powers Bonus Pack 1

This is the story of Tory & Simon after Chloe & Derek got off the bus.
Published December 31st 2010

To ask other readers questions about Disenchanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disenchanted

Bonnie
KELLEY PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, (id be on my knees right now if i hadn't broken my legs in a car accident two years ago...actually you know what ill get on them anyway!) PLEEEEEASE WRITE ANOTHER!!!
All i want for Christmas is another Darkest Powers Book! i've read each and every one of your books even the graphic novels at least twice or more! aside from Elena and Clay, (just so were clear im naming my next son Clay if only id found your books when the first one was born) Chloe and Derek are my f
Jamie
May 16, 2011 Jamie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kelley Armstrong fans
Shelves: e-book
The is a third installment of Kelley Armstrong's free online fiction for The Darkest Powers Series. This story is located on Armstrong's blog here.

This story covers the time while Tori and Simon were separated from Derek and Chloe. This story was quite entertaining! The beginning two chapters were clever and humorous (with the change - I don't want to spoil it for anyone).

It was nice to see this story from a third perspective. I think Armstrong is a fantastic author, and it is amazing to see su
Michaela
Really good story about Tori and Simon on their way to Andrew's while worrying about Chloe and Derek. Reading from Simon's PoV was alright, but I really liked reading from Tori's it gave a better perspective on her, and she's funny.
Koorihime-sama
READ ONLINE WHILE IT WAS STILL FREE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

When Chloe and Derek get off the bus and separate from Tori and Simon, what exactly happens with them? Read this short story and find out.

The plot of this short story is between Chapter 28 and Chapter 37 (around page 309) of The Awakening. However, I suggest reading the book first and then read this short story.

Unlike the other short stories, this one is good to have out of the books. Why? Because it doesn’t have the same depth or feeli
Jenn
When Victoria and Simon wake up on the bus without Chloe and Derek they must decide what to do now. Do they have a chance of finding their missing companions before Edison groups finds them?

This first person narrative begins in Simon’s point of view before switching to Tori’s for the majority of the story. To be honest other than maybe offering a little more insight into that characters of Tori and Simon this story adds nothing to the series. It doesn’t even quite fit with the books. First both
Yukiraking
This short story takes place during The Awakening. While Chloe and Derek are separated from the others, Simon and Tori must try to get along long enough to get to Andrew’s house without killing each other.

This is the third story that Kelley Armstrong wrote to coincide with her Darkest Powers trilogy. Unlike the previous two, this one is narrated by Tori Enright, rather than Derek Souza. Well…and a little bit of it is told from Simon Bae’s perspective too. Just the first chapter though. I really
Amanda
Fun novella that takes place after Chloe and Derek got off the bus. This follows Simon and Tori as they make their way to Andrew's place. This book alternates between Simon and Tori's perspectives. It was an enjoyable read and I liked too see things from Tori's perspective for a chance to try and understand her a bit more, this novella was not as enjoyable for me as the previous one. Mainly because there was no Derek in this one.
Hannah
Jul 13, 2014 Hannah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
This novella is from Tori's POV, I was hoping it would be from Simon's but honestly I enjoyed getting to know Tori a little better. She is a spoiled brat for the most part but I do think she's leaning a lot by,being around Derek, Chloe and Simon about true team work and friendship. I will seriously be sad when this series is over, and will truly miss the characters!!
Sleepseeker
This is a little back story in the Darkest Powers trilogy and it's about Tori and Simon and what happened while they were trying to figure out what happened to Derek and Chloe on the bus.

This was a good and quick read.
Miranda
I liked this one a lot! It was interesting to get to see things from Tori's perspective — she's so funny and sarcastic. I love how it started out being from Simon's POV and then she just took over. That's totally Tori. It makes me wish that we'd gotten more from her in the series!
Alex
Me encantó la narración de Tori, pero al saber lo que pasará, la historia se me torna un poco aburrida.
Tammy Kesteloot
my least favorite of the novellas... but now I know what happened with these two characters when they were away from Chloe in book 2.
G
Tori, my dear Tori.

I'll admit I'm guilty of shipping Simon/Tori through the last book. This one made me change perspectives, kind of. In a good way. I guess I understood what complexities lie behind their relationship. I can't help thinking what a good team they'd be together if they had spent more time together. (They will, right? Considering the ending of the third book.) Also, Derek. I'll admit I missed Derek and Chloe a little, but Tori's voice is fantastic. I wish we'd gotten more of her vo
Daniela Filippini
A book from Tori's point of wiew that shows she's not as bad as she seems.
Page
It was interesting to see things from Tori's POV. But honestly, it didn't make me understand her any better. Perhaps that's wrong; it didn't make me feel sympathy for her. I cannot connect with Tori. She's self centered and cruel. Sure, her mother didn't love her and her family didn't appreciate her. But that gives no one license to start bashing people in the head. Even more than that... it still doesn't seem that she really felt bad for what she did to Chloe.

I guess I just really don't like h
LastBreath
Of the Darkest Powers Bonus Pack this one is by far the most interesting.

It starts with Simon Baes POV. In other words it's based around his crush, Chloe Saunders. If it would have stuck with that train of thought it may not have garnered a 5 star from me.

It quickly phased into Tori Enrights version of events. Her reasons behind her actions, the family issues - her fight or flight tendencies.

Yup, Victoria definitely holds my vote for a potential stand alone book.
Patty
I really liked this short story! It was nice to hear Simon's voice - even for a little bit. I really liked hearing Tori's POV. She is a complicated character with all she's done and the situation that they're in. It was nice to see where she's coming from. I'm going to be starting book 3, I'm hoping Tori's character development continues. She's really growing on me.
Kiara
so,i was right. i just said in my last review in the awakening, i feel for Tori. i thought she's going to be a great main character. i never knew that in this bonus part, Tori is.

being inside her head is fun. to get to know her, her wittiness, her insecurity and all.

i wished there's another series with Tori as main character. i sincerely loved her.
Susan
Jan 15, 2014 Susan marked it as omnibused
Shelves: 2013
included in the Darkest Powers Bonus Pack I
Louisa
Oh, great short story of when Simon and Tory were separated from Chloe and Derek, and how Simon narrated at first, but then Tory took over. Really enjoyed this look of Tory!

*First read January 1st 2011*
Liked Divided, loved this book! I think I mixed this 2 up, but I know I liked them!
Nathalia
Aventura de Simón y Tori mientras estuvieron separados de Derek y Chloe.
Primero la parte de Simón me confirma lo que sospeche siempre, le gusta y mucho :D
Segundo, el relato de Tori nos hace comprenderla de mejor manera sobre todo sus actitudes
Teresa
This is a short little story about what was going on with Simon and Tori after Derek and Chloe got off the bus in The Awakening.

I always love more glimpses in this wonderful world that Kelley Armstrong has created.
Annie
Oh, Tori. I appreciate how I went from hating you, to being annoyed by you, to feeling sorry for you, to being happy for your character growth. I hope something good happens to you.
Tiffany
I really didn't want to read more about Tori. These .5 novellas have a little more language than the 3 main novels. I didn't care for this one so much. Give me more Derek.
Priscylla
I FINALLY stopped to dislike Tori because of this book. I'm not in love with her but definetely don't want to see her going back to Lyle's anymore.
Melanie
I love this series, but I didn't particularly like this story. It wasn't bad, but not interesting enough to really hold my attention.
Lianne
Didn't know why I didn't like this much in comparison to the other two. I really like reading from another perspective, though.
Sue Wildman
Really enjoyed these extra stories to go with the Darkest Powers series, nice to have other perspectives
Aine
My favorite of the Darkest Powers Bonus Pack!

Asma
So Tori is not that bad after all? blame it on the meds!!
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • A Dark Grave (The Elysium Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade, #0.5)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2 (Otherworld Stories, #8.1; The Chronicles of the Black Company 0.3)
  • Daire Meets Ever (Soul Seekers, #0.5)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • Stopping Time and Old Habits (Wicked Lovely #2.5-.6)
  • Cabel's Story (Dream Catcher, #1.1)
  • Queen of Atlantis
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Passing (Crusade Short Story)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • The Bitten Word
  • The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel (The Dark Divine, #2.5)

More about Kelley Armstrong...

Darkest Powers (3 books)
  • The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)
  • The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)
  • The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)