Start by marking “A Weapon Of Opportunity” as Want to Read:
A Weapon Of Opportunity

A Weapon Of Opportunity

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  76 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
NYC Detective Hunter Vance has enough problems trying to do his job and catch a crafty, opportunistic serial killer, but complicating matters is the presence of the ghost of his deceased partner, David Brown. David was always annoying and pushy, but now he's perpetually horny as well, continually driving Hunter to distraction.

David's dead, but he has no intention of going
Published April 5th 2011 by Loose ID

To ask other readers questions about A Weapon Of Opportunity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Weapon Of Opportunity

M'rella
Considering that
*I do not like ghosts (should have read the description better, I know),
(view spoiler)
I actually enjoyed the plot.
Ami
Hunter is a detective with an empath power. His partner, David, has been dead for five years, but choose to linger in this world and help Hunter to solve cases. David sometimes "hitchhike" from Hunter's emotion to be able to feel

We get to the "middle" of a story though, when Hunter and David are facing a case of a serial killer that leaves no trace behind. In addition to that, we also get treated with romance. Hunter is out, but he secretly in love with his partner. David is straight is in life
Nerine Petros
Apr 18, 2011 Nerine Petros rated it it was amazing
What an interesting, inventive read! I love how much detail you went into with the ghosts and their abilities Kiernan. I read this late last night, and I gotta say it gave me chills thinking about the possibilities while reading this...it was totally believable, at least to me :p. Well done on another awesome read. Nxx
Ayanna
Oct 25, 2013 Ayanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I rather liked it. It was interesting and actually had tension in it, unlike this other ghost-themed one I started and drifted away from in the past couple of days.

I think the author made a calculated risk when xe wrote the last part. I can't decide if I think it panned out or not, but it was interesting nonetheless.
Lori K
Jun 05, 2011 Lori K rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. Usually,I do not enjoy depictions of children in this genre but I found Cooper adorable. Probably because he didn't talk...:)

Loved Hunter and David.

Experiment BL626
CAUTION: Spoilers

I like this but I didn't really like the ending even though it was HEA. Sure, David came back and reunited with Hunter...but he's still a ghost! What happened to the issue of David being dead and Hunter aging as time goes by while dead David still look the same? Is it possible to have a future with a ghost as a lover? At the same time, I'm conflicted because I despise bittersweet stories and I didn't want David to be gone. I do want David back with Hunter, but I wanted David bac
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
A Weapon of Opportunity by Kiernan Kelly is an intriguing and fast paced mystery with a ghostly twist.

A Weapon of Opportunity is not your typical ghost story. It is a well-written novel with many fascinating twists and turns. Ms. Kelly avoids overwhelming the reader by slowly revealing the supernatural content over the course of the novel. The ghostly and paranormal elements of the story are quite inventive and believable.

Hunter Vance and David Brown are fully fleshed and vibrant characters. H
Tamela
I do like a good ghost story and when there is hot sex involved, that's just icing :)

As usual the one thing that drives me NUTS is the time frame is so freaking long. To be together for 10 years... alive, and then 5 years after David's death and STILL not have actually talked about their feelings. What is with men??? :) Usually a near death experience will get guys talking but not even a return from beyond the grave got these guys to open up and say what should have been said.

Oh well, they are b
Lady*M
A Weapon of Opportunity was an entertaining read, but it also had some problems which might not be as big for other readers as they were for me.

The story is well written and some solutions in the paranormal aspect of the story were quite original. The characters were undoubtedly male and there is humor in the book too, which is a big plus for me.

The tone of the story is uneven though, as if author couldn't quite decide whether to go to the direction of Ghost Busters or The Exorcist, comedy or ho
Kassa
Apr 20, 2011 Kassa rated it really liked it
A Weapon of Opportunity is a whimsical, entertaining story with good characters and a quick paced mystery. In some ways the story is similar to others – the ghost lover and detective are reminiscent of Drew Zachary’s series and the astral projection is eerily close to a current horror movie Insidious. Despite those reminders this story remains interesting and enjoyable to read from start to finish. I heard somewhere this is the start of a series and if so, then definitely one to watch.

The plot s
Ryoma Gartre
Kavisha
Jul 16, 2013 Kavisha rated it liked it
3.5 stars! I would have given it 4 stars but the author never resolved the issue of Hunter growing old and David remaining forever young. This annoyed me quite a bit and left the book feeling bittersweet with a HFN feeling rather than a HEA feeling. Given that I dont like books without a HEA, I think the story was quite nice. I was more sucked in on the mysterious serial killer angle rather than the romance. I never felt the tension of longing and lust between David and Hunter and almost feel th ...more
Danielle
Jun 21, 2013 Danielle rated it it was ok
I maybe set myself up for disappointment when I started reading this one. I wasn't expecting a comedy exactly but I was expecting this to be slightly witter thanks to the book blurb.

I'm not sure what to call this one, it definitely wasn't a romance, murder mystery sure, but hunter and David being thrown together just kinda seemed unrealistic. I know he's a ghost, therefore yes it is unrealistic, but if he wasn't a ghost they just didn't seem like they'd make a great match.

Either way, Cooper wa
Andrea
Jul 12, 2015 Andrea rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up. It was almost a wonderful book but something was missing and I don't know what.
Mein Hime
Dec 23, 2011 Mein Hime rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of M/M romance, paranormal romance and alternative sexuality
A well-written thriller and a romance? Yes, it's possible and Kiernan Kelly never lets the pace slip as we race against time to stop a killer. Steamy scenes are interspersed with a well conceived plot featuring ghosts, psychics and a very special little boy. The only niggle for me was the first erotic scene which I couldn't stomach. I understand it was a device to demonstrate contrast with later erotic scenes but I still had to skip it and move on swiftly. Looking forward to more material from t ...more
Moniqee
Apr 15, 2011 Moniqee rated it really liked it
This paranormal story had a slow start but after the warmup, it just cruise all the way to the end. Intriguing plot that had me hooked and interesting style of writing had me holding on my kindle till wee hours of this morning. Recommended!
Chris
May 24, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Good paranormal m/m romance about a gay cop in love with his straight partner, who was killed in the line of duty five years earlier... but his ghost remains.
Enny
Apr 07, 2011 Enny rated it it was amazing
That was a fantastic ghost story and I couldn't stop reading till I'd finished it.
Maame
Aug 15, 2015 Maame rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure about this one.
Lily
Oct 17, 2013 Lily rated it really liked it
3.8 stars.
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Rene Steinkellner
Rene Steinkellner marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Jenny Blackburn
Jenny Blackburn rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Alan
Alan rated it did not like it
Dec 22, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Eli
Eli marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Lane
Lane marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Pale as a Ghost (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #1)
  • The Secret of Talmor Manor
  • Big Cypress Crossroads
  • Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)
  • Across the East River Bridge
  • The Hanged Man's Ghost (The Night Wars, #1)
  • Twilight (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #3)
  • Liquid Glass
  • Urban Shaman
  • 72 Hours
  • The Ghost on My Couch
  • The Hunting Moon (Theo Bourne #1)
  • He Speaks Dead
  • Son of a Gun
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Waking the Dead (Laying a Ghost, #3)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Bellingham Mysteries, #2)
  • Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost