It Could Happen Again

It Could Happen Again

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A short story by women's fiction bestselling author Sonia Rumzi.

The struggle of a mother to free herself from the tyranny of a man she once loved, but now threatened her peace of mind, her life and the life of her children.

"This book, says it all with just the right balance. The challenges faced by the woman desperate to leave, the torn agony by the friends who watch and t...more
Published March 23rd 2011 by Heart Press

Paul
This novelette looks at the world of domestic violence. It is not a pretty picture.

Set in present-day Boston, Truvi and her four boys are living with Jake, her boyfriend (two of the children are his). Noor, her friend and co-worker, is the recipient of several frantic, late night phone calls from Truvi saying that Jake is drunk (again), he has grabbed her by the throat, and pushed her against the wall, etc. Noor lets Truvi and her children live with her for a while. After some time, Truvi tells...more
D.K. LeVick
The goal of a short story is to leave the reader with long thoughts.
Ms. Rumzi's short story "It Could Happen Again" gets an A+ in that regards. The story is not humorous - not entertaining and not fun. It's subject is serious and when you finish reading it you're left with an emptiness knowing it not only could happen again - but does - over and over again. It's a benediction from the dark side of our society that lingers like the bitter taste of ozone following an electrical fire. The story is...more
Diane
I found this well written

Ms Rumzi has brought us a story of abuse and the desperate decision a young mother needs to make, and the friend who stands by her. We hold our breath wondering can she make the right decision to leave the abuser before it is to late for her. The story also gives us a look at how society excepts it. A book for all to read.
Elizabeth Marshall
Once again, Sonia Rumzi has used her incredible talent to create a story that has worked its way deep into my heart.

This is a book about one ladies struggle to come to terms with the fact that she is married to an abusive man. Truvi knows her husband’s behaviour is wrong. But the fear of being left alone to bring up her children keeps her mind working on ways to accept and live with the abuse.

As with a lot of victims of abuse, Truvi has very little self esteem. She has been isolated and crushed...more
Kelly Austin
I've just finished this wonderful short story after downloading it for free. The desperate and trapped lives of those suffering in silence from domestic abuse is a hard hitting subject; one which Rumzi tackles with great class and heartfelt sincerity.

A realistic short story that opens the door that many fight to keep shut. An inspiration to those in need to break free from the vicious cycle of domestic violence and do what is right for their family and themselves.

Great work!
Andrew Brown

Some men just don’t deserve to have families!

I found this book incredibly skilled and well written. Mrs Rumzi has an impressive talent with words and I would certainly be interested in reading more of her work.

I echo two previous reviewers. Great respect Ma’am!
Nags
A very quick read, you would not need more than an hour to finish it. Felt more like a blog entry or magazine article than an actual published short story. Editing could have been more crisp.
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Najia
Najia marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Thomas Thompson
Thomas Thompson marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2012
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2012
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2012
Em
Em added it
Feb 09, 2012
Teri Pre
Teri Pre marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2011
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2011
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2011
Debbie Rose
Debbie Rose marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Inspiring others to live a fulfilled life.

Expressing the very core of what I believe and think, I put it on paper. If for one moment someone is touched, for a few hours someone finds comfort from sorrow or despair, I have achieved my goal.
More about Sonia Rumzi...
Love Lost And Found Caring For Eleanor: A Novel Simple Conversation Gone And Alone Pen, Paper, Action! - Volume 01