Start by marking “It Could Happen Again” as Want to Read:
It Could Happen Again

It Could Happen Again

A short story by women's fiction bestselling author Sonia Rumzi.

The struggle of a mother to free herself from the tyranny of a man she once loved, but now threatened her peace of mind, her life and the life of her children.

"This book, says it all with just the right balance. The challenges faced by the woman desperate to leave, the torn agony by the friends who watch and t
Published March 23rd 2011 by Heart Press

To ask other readers questions about It Could Happen Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Could Happen Again

Paul
Mar 30, 2011 Paul rated it it was amazing
This novelette looks at the world of domestic violence. It is not a pretty picture.

Set in present-day Boston, Truvi and her four boys are living with Jake, her boyfriend (two of the children are his). Noor, her friend and co-worker, is the recipient of several frantic, late night phone calls from Truvi saying that Jake is drunk (again), he has grabbed her by the throat, and pushed her against the wall, etc. Noor lets Truvi and her children live with her for a while. After some time, Truvi tells
D.K. LeVick
Mar 28, 2011 D.K. LeVick rated it it was amazing
The goal of a short story is to leave the reader with long thoughts.
Ms. Rumzi's short story "It Could Happen Again" gets an A+ in that regards. The story is not humorous - not entertaining and not fun. It's subject is serious and when you finish reading it you're left with an emptiness knowing it not only could happen again - but does - over and over again. It's a benediction from the dark side of our society that lingers like the bitter taste of ozone following an electrical fire. The story is
Diane
Mar 28, 2011 Diane rated it it was amazing
I found this well written

Ms Rumzi has brought us a story of abuse and the desperate decision a young mother needs to make, and the friend who stands by her. We hold our breath wondering can she make the right decision to leave the abuser before it is to late for her. The story also gives us a look at how society excepts it. A book for all to read.
Elizabeth Marshall
Aug 31, 2011 Elizabeth Marshall rated it it was amazing
Once again, Sonia Rumzi has used her incredible talent to create a story that has worked its way deep into my heart.

This is a book about one ladies struggle to come to terms with the fact that she is married to an abusive man. Truvi knows her husband’s behaviour is wrong. But the fear of being left alone to bring up her children keeps her mind working on ways to accept and live with the abuse.

As with a lot of victims of abuse, Truvi has very little self esteem. She has been isolated and crushed
Kelly Austin
Aug 31, 2011 Kelly Austin rated it it was amazing
I've just finished this wonderful short story after downloading it for free. The desperate and trapped lives of those suffering in silence from domestic abuse is a hard hitting subject; one which Rumzi tackles with great class and heartfelt sincerity.

A realistic short story that opens the door that many fight to keep shut. An inspiration to those in need to break free from the vicious cycle of domestic violence and do what is right for their family and themselves.

Great work!
Andrew Brown
Aug 31, 2011 Andrew Brown rated it it was amazing

Some men just don’t deserve to have families!

I found this book incredibly skilled and well written. Mrs Rumzi has an impressive talent with words and I would certainly be interested in reading more of her work.

I echo two previous reviewers. Great respect Ma’am!
Nags
Nov 07, 2011 Nags rated it it was ok
A very quick read, you would not need more than an hour to finish it. Felt more like a blog entry or magazine article than an actual published short story. Editing could have been more crisp.
Steve Austin
Steve Austin rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2011
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2011
Corinne Rodrigues
Corinne Rodrigues rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Heather Saylor
Heather Saylor rated it did not like it
Aug 10, 2012
Ij
Ij rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Melissa Harris
Melissa Harris rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Cherei
Cherei rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2011
♥Robin ♥
♥Robin ♥ rated it really liked it
May 28, 2012
Tyna
Tyna rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2015
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2011
Molly
Molly rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2011
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Esther
Esther rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2011
SL Clark
SL Clark rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2011
Roxanne Parisher
Roxanne Parisher marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2011
Jeannie Walker
Jeannie Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2011
Sima
Sima added it
Apr 10, 2011
Joy Kaplan
Joy Kaplan marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2011
Steven Harbin
Steven Harbin marked it as to-read
May 23, 2011
Diabolical Daemonic
Diabolical Daemonic marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2011
Ogoi Jecinter
Ogoi Jecinter marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2011
may
may marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2011
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2011
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2011
Lyz
Lyz marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2011
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2011
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2011
Cathlin
Cathlin marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2011
Brianne
Brianne marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2011
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2011
Susan Anderson
Susan Anderson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2011
AJ
AJ added it
Sep 10, 2011
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2011
Arlena
Arlena marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2011
Debbie Rose
Debbie Rose marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2011
Ellie M
Ellie M marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2011
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2011
Inspiring others to live a fulfilled life.

Expressing the very core of what I believe and think, I put it on paper. If for one moment someone is touched, for a few hours someone finds comfort from sorrow or despair, I have achieved my goal.
More about Sonia Rumzi...