Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cancer Book: 101 Stories of Courage, Support and Love” as Want to Read:

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cancer Book delivers 101 powerful stories of courage, hope, support, and love to help cancer patients and their families. A bonus memoir by a cancer patient bound in, with intimate and helpful words of advice.

A support group you can hold in your hand, this loving and inspirational collection of intimate stories, by cancer patients and their l
Published February 22nd 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published March 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Jackielyn Ched
I was fourteen years old when my Mom was diagnosed with Stage III Colon Cancer. But unlike everyone else in the book, we were never sat down to be told of her condition. At least not that I remember. All I know was we have at least five more years to spend with her.

She passed away three years later.

To be honest, I was a bit reluctant to pick up this book. Everything Cancer-related has always been a sore topic for me ever since my Mom had it. Heck, I even cried when a local celebrity who I was ne
Janey
Apr 30, 2014 Janey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Cancer.
We all know that sickness.

This book has been touching my heart. It's not always about the people who get cancer and then dying and hopeless but they're pretty amazing and they have tons of families and relatives who support them insted. It's so inspiring.
I love the way they fight the cancer and refuse to sink. I love how brave they are to accept the things they can't change and live their life to the fullest everyday.
One story that really touched my heart was when a little girl said to he
Trista
Feb 06, 2013 Trista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grief-resources
Favorite quote from this book: "It's hard to step away from the dying tree to see how it feeds the forest. But it does." (Contributor Mike Sacket, 'A Letter to my Sister', p. 313)
Crystal
Apr 09, 2013 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very touching and an inspiriation. It will make you laugh and cry. I recommend this book for cancer survivors and their loved ones.
Michelle
Oct 24, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a long time to read because it was hard to get through. It brought up many memories but it was helpful
RAKHEE
RAKHEE marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Julia Nicholas-Duprey
Julia Nicholas-Duprey marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
April Mcmillan
April Mcmillan marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Gila Goldberg
Gila Goldberg marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Toni Myers
Toni Myers is currently reading it
May 12, 2016
Mindi Shaffer
Mindi Shaffer is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2016
Budi Anemon
Budi Anemon marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Kim Hammond
Kim Hammond is currently reading it
Mar 17, 2016
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Ruth Mills
Ruth Mills rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Linda gniadek
Linda gniadek is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2016
Chloe
Chloe is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2016
Kamal
Kamal marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Janet K. Langley
Janet K. Langley rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Muskan
Muskan marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Krystle Ellwanger
Krystle Ellwanger rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Fatima
Fatima marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Ranajoy Bose
Ranajoy Bose marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Trusha Nagdev
Trusha Nagdev marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Ranjani
Ranjani marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...