Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cancer Book: 101 Stories of Courage, Support and Love” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cancer Book delivers 101 powerful stories of courage, hope, support, and love to help cancer patients and their families.  A bonus memoir by a cancer patient bound in, with intimate and helpful words of advice.

A support group you can hold in your hand, this loving and inspirational collection of intimate stories, by cancer patients a
Published February 22nd 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published March 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Jackielyn Ched
I was fourteen years old when my Mom was diagnosed with Stage III Colon Cancer. But unlike everyone else in the book, we were never sat down to be told of her condition. At least not that I remember. All I know was we have at least five more years to spend with her.

She passed away three years later.

To be honest, I was a bit reluctant to pick up this book. Everything Cancer-related has always been a sore topic for me ever since my Mom had it. Heck, I even cried when a local celebrity who I was ne
Janey
Cancer.
We all know that sickness.

This book has been touching my heart. It's not always about the people who get cancer and then dying and hopeless but they're pretty amazing and they have tons of families and relatives who support them insted. It's so inspiring.
I love the way they fight the cancer and refuse to sink. I love how brave they are to accept the things they can't change and live their life to the fullest everyday.
One story that really touched my heart was when a little girl said to he
Trista
Favorite quote from this book: "It's hard to step away from the dying tree to see how it feeds the forest. But it does." (Contributor Mike Sacket, 'A Letter to my Sister', p. 313)
Crystal
This book is very touching and an inspiriation. It will make you laugh and cry. I recommend this book for cancer survivors and their loved ones.
Michelle
It took me a long time to read because it was hard to get through. It brought up many memories but it was helpful
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Kim Dempsey
Kim Dempsey marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Jin Li
Jin Li marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Hanisah
Hanisah is currently reading it
Aug 24, 2014
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Jessica Farley
Jessica Farley marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Summer
Summer marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Dania
Dania added it
Jul 24, 2014
Shannon Todd
Shannon Todd is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2014
Eula
Eula marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)