Shambling With the Stars (Living With the Dead, #2.5)

Shambling With the Stars (Living With the Dead #2.5)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Avery Andrews is her name and directing celebrity telethons after tragedies is her game. But the Northwestern Zombie Outbreak isn't your average tragedy... and once the infection spreads to the studio, Avery and her crew will have to worry about staying alive, not ratings.

Word count: ~7,100
Published June 15th 2011 by Orbit

World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
302nd out of 1,118 books — 3,407 voters
The First Days by Rhiannon FraterFighting to Survive by Rhiannon FraterSiege by Rhiannon FraterHollowland by Amanda HockingFeed by Mira Grant
Best Female Writers of Zombie Fiction
113th out of 159 books — 388 voters

More lists with this book...

Bonnie

'Shambling with the Stars' is a short story by Jesse Petersen; number 2.5 of her Living with the Dead series. I’m a huge fan of this series. Her zombie series kicks off with Married with Zombies, one of my favorite books of all time.

‘Shambling with the Stars’ opens to character Avery Andrews directing a celebrity telethon for the recent ‘sickness’ outbreak. Her lead host Blake is in the middle of conducting an interview with Dr. Lithstone when he attacks him and begins a chain reaction...more
Candace Wynell McHann
Celebrity telethon for a zombie outbreak? Ridiculous sounding…but it could totally happen…

Ms. Petersen. Congrats on being able to make me laugh and be a little scared while thinking “Yeah…this would totally happen.” Being just a regular plain Jane, not a part of the Hollywood scene, it seemed foreign to me. But Petersen did a great job of describing the set up with Avery and her crew in the control room and how after the shit hits the fan and celebrities start chomping on each other, the persona...more
Jenn
This author is magnificently twisted. An infectious outbreak might be worth it if we got to watch vain Hollywood types meet their doom at the hands of a zombie.
Geli
this was a great story! I just wish it was longer! Perhaps they will meet up with Sarah and David later on??
Kayla Guyette
Just when I need a break from the vampire and ghost world, I find myself downloading the short story Shambling With The Stars by Jesse Petersen. The short story is set in the world of Living With The Dead, which I’ve reviewed the first two books in the series Married With Zombies and Flip This Zombie. I went into Shambling With The Stars with high expectations that were met.

The short story follows Avery Andrews, a Hollywood TV producer. A bunch of celebs get together to do a phone-athon fundrais...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Avery is a television studio director who believes that the zombie drama happening in the Northwest that her studio is doing a telethon for could never get close to her in L.A. After one of the star hosts uses the doctor he is interviewing on the set as a midafternoon snack, Avery realizes how wrong she is. She along with her entire crew is then rushing themselves out of zombie danger while looking to her for guidance. I loved seeing this different side of Petersen’s Zombie world and how it affe...more
Amber
The zombie epidemic has already begun in Seattle and Hollywood’s stars are responding in the only way they know how: a celebrity telethon! Avery Andrews is a television director in Los Angeles. She and her production team are behind the scenes during the telethon to raise proceeds to find a solution for “the outbreak”. Avery’s only worries are making sure she has the correct coffee and that she is capturing the telethon with the perfect camera angles. That is, until her host Blake learns the sym...more
I adore Jesse Petersen's Living With the Dead series, and this book takes place in the same zombie-apocalypse setting but with different characters. Avery Andrews is a tv director, and is filming a telethon to get people to donate money going to research for "The Outbreak". It appears that some sort of sickness starting in the Northwest and is heading for L.A., but it couldn't actually reach the city of stars, could it?

I liked Avery, the main character. She had a cool head on her shoulders, and...more
Ines
This is a very short-story of the series "Living with the dead". Chronologically it takes place after the 2nd book (Flip This Zombie). This story follows a TV crew trying to escape the building after the host of a celebrity telethon bites one of the invited guests. Soon there are more celebrity zombies than human ones - which it's quite entertaining, I must say! As previously pointed out in other reviews, you're left wanting to know a lot more about the characters that survive this zombie outbur...more
Claire C. Riley
I love Jesse Petersens zombie series, one of my favourites out there. So when i found the 2 short stories she did to go along side them, i simply HAD to have them!
Unfortunately, i felt disappointed with this story, it had literally just got going when it finished :0( The writing was still as fabulous as always, the characters nicely rounded and it was just as funny and gross as the others but it just left me deflated. A short story normally leaves me wanting more but this was a whole different...more
Elise
So good, but I wish there was more!
Jenn
Fun short story from a series I love. I'm hoping we get to see more of these two survivors in future books.
Misty Battle
A fun, light read for fans of zombies. I thought it was a neat idea to make Hollywood stars zombies. Can you just see Brad Pitt as a zombie? Overall a quick read, and that is why it got marked down to 3 stars. When I say quick, I mean very quick. You never get a chance to know any of the characters. It's a "wham bam thank you ma'am", type of boom.
April
I enjoyed this story tremendously. It gave an alternate look into the Living with the Dead universe, and my only complaint is that I wish it had been longer. In this story, the stars are having a telethon to raise money to fight the zombie menace, but as usual, someone has been infected, leading to a whole lot of gore and mayhem.
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
That was too short! I'd love to read an entire book with Avery and Kyle. I hope one is coming. Or, at least I hope we're going to see them again in Eat Slay Love. No one does laugh out loud funny in the middle of the horror of the zombie apocalypse like Jesse Petersen.
Alex
I enjoyed this short story, but I would have liked it a lot more as a website bonus or as a mini story tacked into one of the Sarah & David books. 1.99 seems a little steep for something that only took around ten minutes to read. Still, it was cute.
Andre
I really liked this one. It's a short short, but so there's no wasted time. Yes, these people don't know how to act in a zombie invasion, but it doesn't take them long to learn. Good zombie story.
Samantha Stephens
This short side story was awesome. I love reading about other people in the Jesse Petersen apocalyptic universe.
Beverly J.
It was good. As I have said before Jesse Peterson does a great Zombie novel. Anxiously awaiting more of her work.
Christine Desrochers-Broderick
Eh it was ok the books were much better
Addy
Addy marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Clarissa Feit
Clarissa Feit marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Bella
Bella added it
Jul 20, 2014
Gabriella ♡
Gabriella ♡ marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Valerie Nicole
Valerie Nicole marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Mikkii Mee
Mikkii Mee marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Bianca Goulart
Bianca Goulart marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
  • In The Land Of The Dead (Benny Imura, #1.5)
  • The Plan (Roads Less Traveled, #1)
  • Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie, #2)
  • As the World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 1
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • Zombie, Ohio
  • Apocalypse Scenario #683: The Box
  • Voyage of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #1)
  • The Savage Dead
  • Zomblog II (Zomblog, #2)
  • The Becoming: Ground Zero (The Becoming, #2)
  • Rise of the Corpses (The Undertakers, #1)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • The Z Word (Apocalypse Babes, #1)
  • The Rising: Selected Scenes from the End of the World
  • Night Of The Living Dead
  • Zombie Fallout 4: The End Has Come and Gone (Zombie Fallout, #4)
  • Deadlocked 2
A Facebook application once told Jesse Petersen that she'd only survive a day in a zombie outbreak, but she doesn't believe that. For one, she's a good shot and two, she has an aversion to bodily fluids, so she'd never go digging around in zombie goo. Until the zombie apocalypse, she lives in the Tucson with her husband and two cats and writes snarky urban fantasy about monsters and zombies. Find...more
More about Jesse Petersen...
Married With Zombies (Living with the Dead, #1) Flip This Zombie (Living with the Dead, #2) Eat Slay Love (Living With the Dead, #3) The Zombie Whisperer (Living with the Dead, #4) In the Dead: Volume 1

“Yeah.” Sven said. “The stuff she just said. Let’s not get all killy.” 1 likes