Start by marking “A Time to Kill / The King of Torts” as Want to Read:
A Time to Kill / The King of Torts

A Time to Kill / The King of Torts

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A Time to Kill
The life of a ten-year-old black girl is shattered by two drunken and remorseless young men. The mostly white town reacts with shock and horror at the inhuman crime. Until her father acquires an assault rifle–and takes justice into his own outraged hands.
For ten days, with burning crosses and the crack of sniper fire spreading through the streets of Clanton
Audio, 0 pages
Published October 10th 2006 by Random House Audio (first published October 2nd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Time to Kill / The King of Torts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time to Kill / The King of Torts

Margaret I.
It was a long time ago that I read Grisham's books A Time to Kill, and The King of Torts, but I've loved all of his books. He develops his stories slowly, but once I get drawn in, I can't stop reading them.
Tara
A few lol moments, a good book to listen to for a long drive. Not my fave Grisham, but definitely not the worst.
Joseph Carson
A time to kill use a lot of the n word. Other then that Grisham spins a great tail as usual.
Lora
A Time to Kill -- Grisham's first and best book. He should have stopped at one.
Ron Witmer
This is my all time Grisham favorite.
Markie Blackburn
Markie Blackburn is currently reading it
May 21, 2015
Ebby
Ebby marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Caren Clariza
Caren Clariza marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
April
April added it
May 16, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Taoufiq Hebboul
Taoufiq Hebboul marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
  • The Michael Crichton Collection: Airframe / The Lost World / Timeline
  • Three Complete Novels: M is for Malice / N is for Noose / O is for Outlaw
  • Blinded By Our Eyes
  • The Affair of the Porcelain Dog (Ira Adler #1)
  • Standish
  • Love, Like Water
  • When Past Comes to Present (Beckett Investigations, #1)
  • Legal Briefs: Short Stories by Today's Best Thriller Writers
  • Hornet's Nest / Southern Cross (Andy Brazil, #1, #2)
  • Perfect Match
  • In From the Cold: The I Spy Stories (I Spy, collected)
  • Six Mary Westmacott Novels (Giants' Bread / Absent in the Spring / Unfinished Portrait / The Rose and the Yew Tree / A Daughter's a Daughter / The Burden)
  • Sauntering Vaguely Downward
  • The Black Echo / The Poet
"Long before his name became synonymous with the modern legal thriller, he was working 60-70 hours a week at a small Southaven, Mississippi law practice, squeezing in time before going to the office and during courtroom recesses to work on his hobby—writing his first novel.

Born on February 8, 1955 in Jonesboro, Arkansas, to a construction worker and a homemaker, John Grisham as a child dreamed of
More about John Grisham...
A Time to Kill (Jake Brigance, #1) The Firm The Client The Pelican Brief The Runaway Jury