Start by marking “The Millionaire in the Mirror: How to Find Your Passion and Make a Fortune Doing It--Without Quitting Your Day Job” as Want to Read:

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Learn the keys to Outstanding Success and reveal the millionaire in your mirror

Despite never being, as he admits, the best communicator, the most talented manager, or the smartest guy in the room, Gene Bedell quickly worked his way up the corporate ladder—accumulating career earnings that put him among the country's top one percent of earners while doing what he loved and
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published August 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Millionaire in the Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Millionaire in the Mirror

Kat
Jul 26, 2013 Kat rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entrepreneurship
This book was such a waste of time. All the author did was contradict himself throughout the entire book. I dont have a clue why it was called Millionaire in the Mirror. It is nothing about being a millionaire. It is about being the best employee (since he does not encourage entrepreneurship). How to find your passion and make a fortune doing it? I forgot that was even the title of this book. He did not answer that question at all. Oh wait now I remember...quit your day job! If you cant be an ou ...more
Glinnesa
Aug 03, 2011 Glinnesa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I am in the process of relocating to another state, it also gives me an opportunity to reevaluate my career and the direction which it is heading. This book was recommended to me at a great time. It allowed me to assess what it is I want and where I want to go in my career. The advice is practical and has made me think about my next job in a different light and reevaluate my job search. I would make this a must read for college seniors making their way onto the job market so they are more str ...more
Daniel Jaindl
Oct 21, 2014 Daniel Jaindl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would make this mandatory reading for high school students and/or college students.
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
This book has some good advice on achieving "Outstanding Success" in your career. I found it geared toward those who are in the corporate world and who want to climb the ladder of success. It is not for entrepreneurs!

I actually emailed this author and he emailed me back. How is that for Outstanding Service! I asked him questions relating to my own career. His email address can be found in his book! :)
Stacy Boyd
This book completely changed the way I think about my job. Half of the advice I disagreed with vehemently. (I will never be able to move across the country for a job unless there are benefits for my whole family.) But the best advice came in the chapters on creating outstanding performance in the position you have now. It's a long-term strategy best employed in a career that one loves.
Clint Ledbetter
Mar 22, 2010 Clint Ledbetter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book isn't just about getting wealthy or being a millionaire. Bedell takes it way further and helps you realize how to find that sweet spot combining what you love to do, what you're good at, and what pays you well.

GREAT BOOK!
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
Chloe Yujing
Jul 15, 2013 Chloe Yujing rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Changed my perception of corporate work. Made me realize the importance of outstanding successes and failures. Good and helpful read!
Anna
Nov 24, 2013 Anna rated it liked it
Although I disagree with his definition of Outstanding Success, this was nevertheless a really good book. It was very thought provoking.
Stephanie
Jun 21, 2010 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Constructive and practical guide to take responsibility and action in our career - without the fluff.
Yeh Riiht
Yeh Riiht marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Ran
Ran rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
Ethan Gaines
Ethan Gaines marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Amy Marton
Amy Marton marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Jared
Jared rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Maha
Maha is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2016
Lawrence
Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Valerie Metzger
Valerie Metzger marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Seema
Seema marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Willie
Willie rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Tony Tsang
Tony Tsang rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2016
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Avishkar Luthra
Avishkar Luthra rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Ofir Cohen
Ofir Cohen marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Jeff Hawkins
Jeff Hawkins rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2015