Start by marking “Pussy Willow (A Little Golden Book)” as Want to Read:
Pussy Willow (A Little Golden Book)

Pussy Willow (A Little Golden Book)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A little cat searches for a year before spring comes again and he finds the pussy willows for which he named himself.
Published 1979 by Western Publishing Company, Inc. (first published 1951)

To ask other readers questions about Pussy Willow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pussy Willow

Josiah
"Pussy Willow" is a story that has deservedly been read and appreciated for nearly sixty years. Gorgeous illustrations by award winner Leonard Weisgard perfectly adorn the pages alongside Margaret Wise Brown's spare words, creating a harmonious narrative that flows with uncommon elegance all the way to the satisfying conclusion.
Amy
From the first page, I love the idea that the kitten (Pussy Willow)names himself. I also liked how the answer to the question is, "Everything that anyone would ever look for is____________," with each animal giving an answer unique to their own view of the world.
Written by Margaret Wise Brown, author of Goodnight Moon, Pussy Willow is the story of a grey cat who names himself after the furry gray flowers of the pussy willow bush. As the seasons change and the flowers disappear, Pussy Willow begins to worry and search for the flowers. Along the way, Pussy Willow asks advice from passing creatures as to where they think he should look for the flowers, but each creature’s answer is obviously biased by their own interests. (i.e., the butterfly tells him to ...more
BobbieJ
This was my all time favorite book as a child! I read it over and over. My only wish is that the publishers would put it on ebook format so a new generation of children will have it to enjoy forever.
Shanna_redwind
"But the cabbage just sat there in its great green silence and never said a word."

I loved this book as a kid, and I'm reading the same large Golden book to my kids that I had read to me as a child.

Leonard Weisgard's illustrations made the book for me as a child. There was so much to look at in them, aside from the central theme of each page. That they wrapped around the text only made it better for me.

As an adult, the imagery and poetry of the words gives me pleasure when I read the book to my k
Ginny Messina
This was a Christmas gift in the very large Golden Book edition, with wonderful illustrations by Leonard Weisgard. Like most books by MWB, it's sweet, tender and endearing.
Cheyenne
REad this every night before I went to bed for the first seven years of my life!
Mckinley
I think it had a good germ of an idea but over all, not so much.
Alexandra La Vigne
Alexandra La Vigne marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Susan Mackey
Susan Mackey marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Sarah Owen
Sarah Owen marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Sarah added it
Aug 19, 2014
Travis Lawson
Travis Lawson marked it as to-read
Travis Lawson
Travis Lawson marked it as to-read
Kamazah
Kamazah marked it as to-read
Rick
Rick added it
Aug 10, 2014
Judy Gaines
Judy Gaines marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p
More about Margaret Wise Brown...
Goodnight Moon The Runaway Bunny Big Red Barn Home for a Bunny The Color Kittens