Start by marking “Per amore di Anna” as Want to Read:
Per amore di Anna

Per amore di Anna

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The story of an autistic child and of how she and her family coped, taken from her father's diaries. She was, in fact, the first recognized case of autism in the United Kingdom.
Published 1977 by Città Nuova (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Per amore di Anna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Per amore di Anna

Pennyjo
Jack Hodges tells the true story of Ann based on the diaries kept by her father throughout her life. Born at a time when very little was known about autism, Ann's family refused to give up on her even when all of the doctor's said there was nothing to be done for her. Through perseverance and dedication, they changed her life and helped her adjust to the confusion of her life. All for the love of Ann.

This book was one of my favorite books when I was a teen. In fact, this book led me to work as a
M.C De'Ath
I read this book when I was around 10 years old. It affected me so much that I can honesty say it was my first nudge into my career in Special Needs.
Ethli (w-p)
Bardzo fajnie opisana hisoria walki o autystyczną dziewczynkę w czasach, gdy o autyźmie jeszcze prawie nikt nie słyszał... Dzieje się w Anglii. Napisane z perspektywy rodziców (na podstawie rozmów z nimi, ich dzienników itd.,przez osobę,którą zainteresowała historia Ani.) Dwoje braci, jeden starszy, drugi młodszy. Ojciec pracujący, matka w domu. I Ania - bardzo autystyczna, krzycząca, gdy coś się zmienia, i bez widocznych powodów, zamknięta w sobie, nie nawiązująca kontaktu, kiwająca się, zapada ...more
charith
My sixth grade teacher read parts of this book aloud to our class. It always stuck with me and I always meant to read it in its entirety. Twenty-five years later, I finally found the book online, bought it, and read it for myself.

It is a story about the education of Ann, a girl with autism. From the back cover, "A story of hope, courage, love and the stubborn refusal of her family to give up. Through those painful years Ann's father kept a diary, carefully noting each sign of progress. That dia
Laurie
People are amazing!
Phuong Foulsham
Phuong Foulsham marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Adeline Revins
Adeline Revins marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Pauline Vines
Pauline Vines marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Bernadette
Bernadette marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Ninn
Ninn marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Mikulishna
Mikulishna marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
For The Love Of Ann Death...Underground Blindsided A Dictionary of Practical Medicine Comparing General Pathology The Butler