Start by marking “Froggy's Best Christmas” as Want to Read:
Froggy's Best Christmas

Froggy's Best Christmas (Froggy)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  209 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Froggy has never celebrated Christmas; usually he's taking his long winter's nap. But not this year! Froggy's best friend, Max the beaver, wakes him up to join the fun. Soon, Froggy's gotten into the swing of things: finding a tree, wrapping presents, singing carols, and enjoying a holiday feast. Join Froggy as he celebrates his very first, and very best, Christmas!

"The h
Published September 23rd 2002 by Puffin (first published September 25th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Froggy's Best Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Froggy's Best Christmas

A Christmas Carol by Charles DickensHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreThe Polar Express by Chris Van AllsburgThe Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
Best Christmas Holiday Books
308th out of 316 books — 410 voters
A World of Joy by Christopher  ShieldsHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreThe Polar Express by Chris Van AllsburgA Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Schulz
My Most Cherished Christmas Books.
44th out of 50 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Sheila
I'm star-rating this one for my daughter, because it is one of her favorite childhood Christmas stories. We have a whole collection of Christmas books that we have accumulated over the years, which come out and are on display in two large baskets right after Thanksgiving every year, then get boxed up after Christmas and stored away until the following year. This book is in that collection, and when the books came out this year, my daughter wanted this story to be one of the first ones we re-read ...more
Keri Dodson
Loved adding a science lesson about hibernation to this simple read for my Kindergarten and First graders. Also I used the puppet- big hit!
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Froggy wakes up and experiences his first Christmas. Ages 4-8.
Meg McGregor
Froggy is usually sleeping when the holidays roll around; but this year, he is woken up, and celebrates his first Christmas.

Little ones will delight in the antics he pulls; they will be able to relate with Froggy trying to find the best tree, wrapping the best present, etc.
Patricia
Linsey Taylor
Froggy is always a delight to read!
Janet
I read this Froggy book with a child who is a beginner reader. We both enjoyed the story. It was cute, funny, included sounds effects, and had a positive message about the spirit. The book was also educational for child reader who lived in Florida. She had questions about hibernation, winter clothing, beavers, trudging through snow, live vs. artificial Christmas trees and more. I was surprised by how much of the content was new to her. Fun book. I hope I have the chance to read other Froggy Book ...more
Andd Becker
The spirit of Christmas giving pervades the book. Froggy creates memories with Max the Beaver, Matthew the Turtle, and Travis the Bear. New traditions include finding and decorating a tree, opening presents, roasting chestnuts, singing carols, and having a snowball fight. Santa Owl makes a brief appearance at the end.
Emo
Any Froggy book is fun for 4-7 year old children, but this one is my favorite. I'm not sure about girls, but I've heard that boys love these books and Nicholas did! They are not a ton of fun to read over and over, but Nicholas like the repetition and fun words like zip, zop, zoop!
Meg McGregor
Froggie is usually sleeping when the holidays roll around but this year he is up and celebrates his first and best Christmas.

Little ones will delight in the antics he pulls and will be able to identify with Froggy trying to find the best tree, wrapping the best present, etc.
Kristine Pratt
Froggy learns about Christmas when his friend wakes him from hibernation to celebrate. It's fun how this gets spread along to everyone he knows, friends and family alike as they create Christmas for everyone.
Lisa
We love the Froggy books, and this one is another great one. Froggy's friend, Max the beaver, wakes him up from his hibernating on Christma morning to share Christma with him. Very cute and a good message.
Beth
As Froggy normally sleeps during Christmas, he celebrated his first Christmas. Max gives him a Christmas tree. Friends and family decorate the tree with pinecones and popcorn. Santa Owl peers in at the end.
Emmy Ryan
This is a book about a frog that is woken up to experience his first christmas. The pictures are very kid friendly and very colorful. This book shows that one animal is waking others from hibernation.
Samantha
Froggy has always slept through Christmas. Now, his friend decides to show him what it is exactly that Froggy has been missing every year. A cute story to kick off the Christmas season. =)
Tanya W
We like Froggy. We also like reading the english and spanish versions consecutively as it helps build spanish vocabulary of the words we don't use every day.
Alexandria
I love Froggy he is very funny. Although, I could do without him always answering "Wha-a-a-a-at?" to his mother all the time.
Ava
My children love Froggy's books. We like all the fun words and Froggy's is an extraordinary character!
Tanya W
En leer las dos versiones (ingles y espanol) aprendemos palabras que no usamos con frequencia.
Tam
We (my boys are 4 & 8) like the Froggy books but this one was boring.
Joy
Frrrooggyy!

Froggy and his friends and family celebrate Christmas.
Brooke
i love this book because there are very funny parts of the book
Bridget
We love the Froggy series. Fun books.

Have the audio version
Meredith
I love Froggy! Great storytime books.
Trish
Dec 10, 2012 Trish rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: x2012
Fiction; Juvenile/Christmas
2 stars
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Corduroy's Christmas Surprise
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell!
  • One Snowy Night
  • Franklin's Christmas Gift
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • Arthur's Perfect Christmas
  • Christmas Tapestry
  • Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear!
  • Groundhog Gets a Say
  • Pippi's After-Christmas Party
  • Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?
  • The Nutcracker
  • Clifford's Happy Easter
  • Stella, Queen of the Snow
  • Bailey
  • Harold at the North Pole
  • On Christmas Eve
  • If You Give a Dog a Donut
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...

Froggy (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Froggy Gets Dressed
  • Froggy Plays Soccer
  • Froggy Goes to Bed
  • Froggy Eats Out
  • Froggy's Baby Sister
Froggy Gets Dressed Froggy Goes to School Froggy Learns to Swim Froggy Goes to Bed Froggy's First Kiss