Start by marking “The World Caf: Shaping Our Futures Through Conversations That Matter (Large Print 16pt)” as Want to Read:

Introduces readers to a simple, yet powerful conversational process for thinking together and creating actionable knowledge that has been used successfully with organizations and communities on six continents Clearly articulates seven key World Caf design principles that create the conditions for accessing collective intelligence and breakthrough thinking Includes actual s ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 528 pages
Published June 21st 2010 by ReadHowYouWant (first published April 10th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The World Caf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World Caf

Philip Mizener
An Inspiring Introduction to hosting conversations that matter
I found the essays by different practitioners in the field of group dialogue and facilitation gave a real flavour to the spirit and title of the book. It was my first introduction to a more detailed examination of what World Café dialogue is all about and I find it quite a foundational book, contrasting the more traditional view of Talk then Action, with a richer view of layers of dialogue , action, and further dialogue. I found the
Megan
The idea of the World Cafe is great; the book is only so-so.
Jeff
Jul 28, 2016 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What Matters Most?

In a world in which we live and work in technological isolation, World Cafe holds the promise of conversations of real meaning. Who knows maybe conservatives and progressives could find some common ground. I liked the explication of the Spirit of World Cafe. It's not technique. It's a vehicle for creating a world of our choosing.
Dennis Podryadchikov
Excellent guide on having meaningful and productive conversations that change worldviews.
Bridget
A decent read for grad school, though a 200 page book that could've been pared down by about 50 pages.
Michelle
Jan 13, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"World Cafe can make a special contribution when the goal is the focused use of dialogue to foster productive relationships, collaborative learning, and collective insight into real-life challenges and key strategic questions." (P. 6) looking forward to working with the World Cafe concepts to harness our company's collective intelligence!
Naomi
Juanita Brown and David Isaacs share stories and techniques of their methods for community dialogue and engagement to foster innovation, healing, and strengthening. Recommended for those interested in reviving and renewing communities or businesses and also for leaders.
Aja
I love the The World Cafe, but I'm not so sure that this book is the best tool to learn how to do it. Although I guess it does get to the heart of the process.
Ryan Richardson
Ryan Richardson marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Nahla
Nahla rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
George David
George David rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Ryan Barretto
Ryan Barretto marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Will Sn
Will Sn marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Todd Greer
Todd Greer marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Ju Rt
Ju Rt marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Strawberry
Strawberry marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Masrura Oishee
Masrura Oishee marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Jan Nunley
Jan Nunley rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Steve Martin
Steve Martin marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
joanna
joanna marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Matthias
Matthias marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Thomas Lindqvist
Thomas Lindqvist marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Jovany Agathe
Jovany Agathe rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Peter Mutero
Peter Mutero marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Peyton
Peyton marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Irith Koster
Irith Koster marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Reema
Reema marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
  • Open Space Technology: A User's Guide
  • Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope to the Future
  • Community: The Structure of Belonging
  • Power of Appreciative Inquiry: A Practical Guide to Positive Change
  • Theory U: Leading from the Future as it Emerges
  • Appreciative Inquiry: A Positive Revolution in Change
  • Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations, and Society
  • Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership
  • Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision-Making
  • Humble Inquiry: The Gentle Art of Asking Instead of Telling
  • In Over Our Heads: The Mental Demands of Modern Life
  • Mind Set!: Reset Your Thinking and See the Future
  • Solving Tough Problems: An Open Way of Talking, Listening, and Creating New Realities
  • The Power of Positive Deviance: How Unlikely Innovators Solve the World's Toughest Problems
  • The Skilled Facilitator
  • The Thin Book of Appreciative Inquiry (Thin Book Series)
  • Speaking Peace: Connecting with Others Through Nonviolent Communication