Start by marking “Vision” as Want to Read:
Vision

Vision (Vision #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Nighttime haunts Layla and dark secrets beckon to a mysterious island where a strange woman holds the answers.

Layla is a Clear wanted by Bain for a deadly game. Ancestors before her didn’t survive, and the only way for her to survive is to open her heart and choose love…before death closes in.

Layla arrives in Cambridge, England, a sixteen year-old high school student from
Published March 22nd 2011 by Beth Elisa Harris

To ask other readers questions about Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vision

Beth
Feb 28, 2013 Beth rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
VISION is no longer published and will be rewritten/rereleased as one book. This was a personal and professional decision after many trials and tribulations. More to come.
Stacy Eaton
It has been a while since I read a Young Adult novel for the simple reason, I got tired of seeing a whiny female worried about how wrong her life is and how she can't do anything that she wants.

Well... I finally found one that was NOT like that. Layla is a strong, intelligent girl who gets the opportunity to go to school abroad. It was fun watching her acclimate to her new place, and to the new friends. Of course seeing the huge crush she had on Stuart was fun too!

The plot of this story was sm
David
Nov 02, 2011 David rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one whom like the world of the witches
Recommended to David by: GoodReads Firstreads
A good reads first reads by an author who seems to have a great talent to make the mind work, Beth Elisa Harris.....

Okay I honestly was not going to read the book at first as I had not read the summary { a mistake I do often for the reason I like to get the story fresh from my mind not the others who have read it}. The reason I was not going to read it is I thought it was going to be religious, I could not have been more wrong.

The Book Vision is an incredible page turner from the first page....
A
Sean Cronin
Sep 08, 2011 Sean Cronin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
"Vision" - Young Adult - gets five of five starts because it reminded me of what a teenage crush feels like. It's been many years since I was a teenager. But Harris' writing took me back.
I'm a male and Layla Stone, the protagonist is a sixteen year old girl. Still it seems there is some similarity between the genders. Maybe Harris has captured a small,lovely human truth.
Here's Layla upon meeting the "gorgeous" and somewhat mysterious seventeen year old, Stuart. (I was)
"dizzy with discomfort, e
Courtney Wyant
I really enjoyed this read and am even more happy because I won it from this Author through a contest.. It was worth FREE.... I would have even bought it I would recommend it to anyone. It took me so long to read me because I lost my nook but i found it today and finished it on my way to Natchez.
Rachelle Ayala
Layla is every bit a 21st century girl, or so she thought. Okay, so she gets these vivid nightmares, and excruciating headaches, and has some ability to read minds. But nothing out of the ordinary, right?

Layla receives a cryptic message and heads to England as an exchange student and immediately becomes the object of contention between two magnetic and handsome men. Her life as an exchange student, worried about labs and tests, quickly turns to the surreal when she visits a remote island off the
Ellen
I absolutely fell in love with this book. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the blurb, but Vision was absolutely enchanting. Layla is a teenager who goes to Cambridge as part of an exchange program to attend school there. She is very mature, far beyond her years, and very independent. She adores her dad, but her mom, Liz, has always been rather distant and a workaholic. To top it off, Layla also has a big secret, she can read people's minds. Upon arriving in Cambridge, Layla and Sienna ...more
Katelyn (Tales of Books and Bands)

It is so hard to describe this wonderful story! I could call it a beautiful romance, a mystery, and at some parts I could even call Vision a paranormal novel, regardless of my issues to place this novel, there is one important thing you should know and that would be that this story is great! With a cast of wonderful, intersting characters, a sense of mystery and paranormalcy throughout, and one hot, beautiful romance, how could you not love this story?

The story starts off with the main character
Savannah (Books With Bite)
One thing that grab me about this book is the setting. Now while the setting was now, some went back to the past. I love time travel. And I guess I love it so much because I wish I can do it myself. I loved to be immersed in a book where I can feel the past and the characters.

The plot was also great. Not only did it entertain me all the way through, but it brought so much more to the story. The way the past was intertwined with the future really pulled me into the book. I enjoyed watching both
Shari
Love... it surpasses all obstacles... even time itself.

This is a beautifully written story of love, blended perfectly with paranormal abilities, legend and history.

When I read the description of this book, I thought "interesting"... it piqued my curiosity. From the first line I was captivated by the vivid imagery and powerful emotion, and by the end of the prologue I was already deeply immersed into the story and found myself picking up the book all day just to see what happened next.

I love w
Julie(Reading By The Beach)
Vision is an easy book to get lost in! It was a well developed story that I devoured in one day! The author has impeccable skills when it comes to wording, I kept finding myself smiling at the way she chose to describe things. For example: "the mixed signals he had sent ricocheted between my left and right brain like a ping-pong match", "The atmosphere was a schizophrenic mix of stillness and intense vibration", "The aristocratic Shakespearean theatrical inflexions dripped with subtle sarcasm". ...more
Amy Manemann
Author Beth Elisa Harris spins a fantastic tale with her YA story, Vision. It truly touched my heart to read the story that unfolded around Stuart and Layla and it was easy to see and 'feel' the love and passion the two felt for one another through the crafty writing of the author. An excellent first book of the series, I look forward to more!
Donnamw
I really enjoyed this book - took a couple of chapters for me to get into it but then I found it really hard to put down! I loved the characters, the plot and now I can't wait for the sequel :)
Emily Miller
Nice quick read. Interesting storyline and love Stuart and Layla. Wish the first book was longer but looking forward to reading the second book!
Emily
Jancy
Tia Bach
Layla can hear what people are thinking. As if that’s not enough, she’s also having intense dreams about a woman dying. Little does she know that the woman in her dreams is a part of her. As she begins to discover who and what she is, she realizes the people around her know more than they are letting on. Layla is a Clear.

Enter Stuart and Andre. She’s attracted to Stuart right away, but accepts a date from Andre. Too bad Andre’s father, Jasper, is the head of the Bane. Jasper wants a Clear, and t
Sheree
Jan 23, 2012 Sheree is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far I am about half way through the book and it is just annoying me!! This would probably be because I live very close to Cambridge. She seems to think that London is just down the road when it actually is about a 2 hour drive. And when she first mentioned her going to Scotland she said for a day trip?! Yeah. I don't think so. Would take the majority of the day to get there!!! Another part that I don't quite understand is how in the letter it mentions how her first child will never be born, b ...more
Jagged
R.S. Guthrie
Surely you've heard the saying. A singer is so good she could sing the phone book and you'd want to listen? Well for me Beth Elisa Harris is this kind of writer. I am 47 years old (yes, I admitted it)--the "YA" category is not one from which I normally buy the books I read. After reading the sample to this book, however, I was intrigued. Harris writes with a quiet authority that makes me want to keep reading her--one of those authors whose very prose is what makes you love them. Combine this wit ...more
Gina's Library
I read this book for World Literary Cafe.

There are many books out there in the paranormal genre. This one is very unique. I loved it. The story flowed beautifully and you really wanted to know what happens next. I felt invested in the story emotionally.

This was the first book in the trilogy. The next book is due out in May titled Soul Herder. I personally can't wait to read it.

If you are a romantically inclined person you would see that soul mates really exsist and true love never really dies.

La
Emerald Barnes
Author Beth Elisa Harris draws us into a world you will not want to escape with her first book, Vision, in the Vision Trilogy. You'll immediately be drawn in by the main character and her difference. She can hear others' thoughts. Ms. Harris takes this idea and adds in details you don't see in other stories. It's fresh and new. It's a story you can have fun reading and will be sad when you set it down. And you will eagerly await the release of the second book to see how this plays out when you f ...more
Lou
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I disclose that I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Novels aimed at young adults have not recently been captivating me as much as they used to. However, this book seems to be an exception. I really enjoyed it, and found myself immersed in finding out more about Layla, as the story continued. I would definitely give more books in this series a read.
Ashley Mayer
I really enjoyed Vision by Beth Elisa Harris. The concept was original, and I felt like I could really connect with the main characters. I did think the ending happened quickly though. It felt like there should have been more to it. I realize the book was set up as a series, but I don't know it seemed rushed at the end. I did like the book though, and I will read what's next.
David Richardson
Not quite sure what happened here. The Email from Goodreads said I had won a copy of this book. The book I received was "Soul Herder" (ISBN 978-1475075021) which is book 2 in the series. I have read that book and will post a review for it.
Barbara
This is the first self-published book I've read, and I can't say I'm impressed. Spelling, punctuation, and tense errors are bad enough, but a PATTERN of the same error means the author doesn't know the difference.
Tracy
I liked this book. The ending was shall we say a huge cliff hanger. I will be looking for the next one
Arthur
I couldn't put this book down!!! It was really captivating!!!!!
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Skibo25
Skibo25 marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
  • Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)
  • The Veil
  • Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Moonbeams  (Beams and Light, #1)
  • Stay (Callie Rose #1)
  • The Twin Prophecies: Rebirth
  • Hurricane (Hurricane #1)
  • Thin Air (Thin Air Saga, #1)
  • Spiritus (Spiritus Series, #1)
  • Between (Between, #1)
  • Soul Born (Soul Born Saga, #1)
  • Red Smoke Rising
  • Happy Birthday to You (Birthday Trilogy, #3)
  • Desire (Desire, #1)
  • Dark Tomorrows
  • The Gifts
  • The Other Side
Visit BethElisaHarris.com for updates.
More about Beth Elisa Harris...
Soul Herder Soul Herder (Vision Trilogy) Memories of Mom and Dad Memories of Dad Memories of Mom and Dad: An Indie Chicks Anthology