Start by marking “Courting Disaster (Courting, #2)” as Want to Read:
Courting Disaster (Courting, #2)

Courting Disaster (Courting #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  7 reviews
She's Gone Too Far...

A year ago, criminal defense attorney Carling Dent woke up in a conference room with a bullet wound, a murdered client and no memory of what happened. Since then, she's grown reckless. She's gained a reputation for representing defendants no one else will, and her own partners are beginning to question her conduct.

Then a car accident triggers flashback
Published April 4th 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Courting Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Disaster

Sweet as Sin by Inez KelleyStone Kissed by Keri StevensThe Mysterious Lady Law by Robert AppletonLying Eyes by Amy AtwellHunting Human by Amanda E. Alvarez
Carina Press Books
57th out of 105 books — 100 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
440th out of 1,353 books — 1,773 voters

More lists with this book...

Tiffiane
I really enjoyed this book. Even though it's book 2 in a series, it was written in such a way that it felt like a standalone. In fact, I didn't even realize this was book 2 until a third of the way through. Then when I realized it was book 2, I immediately stopped and grabbed book 1 so I wouldn't miss anything important.

As it turns out, these are so well written that you don't need to read them in numerical order to understand the dynamic at the law firm and the relationship between the 3 women
Anastasia
Criminal defense attorney Carling Dent hasn't been the same since she was shot on the job a year ago. She’s become reckless, and has made a habit of taking on clients with less-than-reputable backgrounds. After getting into a car accident, memories of the shooting begin to resurface, leaving Carling with even more questions about what happened last year.

Prosecutor Jared Manning has noticed the change in Carling and doesn't like it one bit. Their relationship used to consist of more than just arg
Norma
If you are looking for a great suspense thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat, then look no further. I couldn’t put this one down.

Carling can’t remember what happened. Life takes on a new direction because of the circumstances. Who was it that murdered her client and left her for dead? Who can she trust?

She turns to her ex-lover in hopes that he is on the up and up. However, she soon starts doubting even him.

This is one of those books that keeps you guessing right up until the end
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea

Date reviewed: 25th March 2011

Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=5037

Courting Disaster by Carol Stephenson is a suspense thriller, and it’s definitely something that I will read on any normal, boring day. The story starts kind of slow for me, but the pace picks up soon after and I found myself really hooked to the book as the plot thickens.

Courting Disaster will definitely give its’ readers one hell of a roller coaster ride and adrenaline rush. It’s a book that I t
Jane
Courting Disaster started out very strongly. Carling Dent is a defense attorney who has become more of a risk taker since a shooting that almost took her life a year ago. That attack left her client, an accountant who may have been laundering money for the Russian mob, dead and Carling (who was shot in the head) with a no memory of the attack and a change in personality. Part of her new chance-taking affect manifests itself in the types of clients she takes - accused rapists and possible mob ele ...more
Kerry  sullivan
I really enjoyed this story the suspense element was well played out and the thriller element was on the edge of your seat worthy. I loved that right up until the end I didn't know if Jared was in with the bad guys or not. The relationship between him and Carling was hot and steamy and added to the suspense. Totally a 5 star read.
Allison Chase
Another solid legal suspense thriller by Carol Stephenson. Intelligent story, sympathetic characters, great pacing, well written - what more can you ask for in a romantic suspense?
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
ci
ci marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Nichelle
Nichelle marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Julia Harrison
Julia Harrison marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 12, 2013
Iroulito91
Iroulito91 marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Karharry
Karharry marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
Insaf
Insaf marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
May 19, 2012
Mammatess
Mammatess marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Award winning author Carol Stephenson lives in southeast Florida with her beloved Shih Tzu. She's an attorney by day and author by night. She's best known for her emotionally drawn, hard-driving romances. In her free time this sports fan indulges in travel, photography and competing on a trivia team.
More about Carol Stephenson...

Courting (3 books)
  • Courting Danger (Courting, #1)
  • Courting Death (Courting, #3)
Her Dark Protector Shadow Lines (The Madonna Key #4) Courting Death (Courting, #3) Courting Danger (Courting, #1) What He Didn't Say: Chasing The Truth\Cornered (Harlequin Nascar)