Start by marking “Babymouse: A Very Babymouse Christmas” as Want to Read:
Babymouse: A Very Babymouse Christmas

Babymouse: A Very Babymouse Christmas (Babymouse #15)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  1,114 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
NEW YORK TIMES bestselling and Newbery Honor winning author Jennifer Holm teams up with Matthew Holm to bring you a fully illustrated graphic novel series packed with humor and kid appeal—BABYMOUSE!

With multiple Children's Choice awards and over 1.7 million books in print, kids, parents, and teachers agree that Babymouse is perfect for fans of Junie B. Jones, Ivy and B
Published September 27th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers

Jessica
I just adore Babymouse! I love that there's a Christmas one! (And it's also, sorta, a Hanukkah one!)

But the plot was very random. Other than Babymouse wanting to get a certain toy for Christmas, and being unable to think of anything else, there were a lot of jumps to scenes from the North Pole and such that made me keep checking that tI hadn't skipped a page by accident. So, not the strongest of the series, but a definite must-read for fans of Babymouse!
Aryanamarin
May 14, 2015 Aryanamarin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one oh it was so funny it made me laugh every part. Babymouse has too dress up as Santa to make her brother feel better about Santa because her brother is scared of Santa. She would always complain about the beard being itchy.
Barbara
Babymouse is at it again. As usual, I loved the pink and black color scheme that fills the pages as Babymouse looks forward to Christmas and all the goodies she will receive. As she tells Santa over and over, all she really wants is a Whizbang. In between waiting for Christmas Day to arrive, Babymouse sneaks into her parents' closet in search of her loot, decks her locker for the holiday and ponders school present exchanges in years gone by. The narrator even intrudes to remind her of the true m ...more
Beth
Dec 14, 2016 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-grade
So cute! It made me giggle, and I think it has a good message for kids. This will be fun to booktalk with the third grade this year!
Matthew Meehan
This was a more entertaining read than I anticipated. I thought that the way Jennifer Holm separates herself in the book with the use of square boxes really lets kids understand how to interpret the book. As a reader, it almost gives you the sense that you are the narrator and are interacting with Babymouse during her choas. This particular book was great for kids because they certainly can relate to wanting the coolest item on the market for christmas and seem to get caught up in the wait for t ...more
Courtney
Love, love, love this series. I gave this to my six-year-old because she's just learning to read, and she can't put it down. She has favorite sections that she'll open to, and she'll just giggle over and over again.

The illustrations and storyline are so cute that parents shouldn't be deceived by all of the pink within the pages. Even my nephews love reading about this spunky mouse who can't help but be in the Christmas spirit. The plot is fun and deals with the struggles that most kids have whe
Susan
This book, found on Great Graphic Novels for kids, would be most fitting for Grades 2-5. The audience I feel this book aims towards are girls, however boys would enjoy it as well. Children would enjoy this book because of the comics and detailed illustrations.
Madison Kelly
Dec 15, 2016 Madison Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-novels
I had never read a graphic novel before, so I wanted to give them a try! While I will probably not read a ton of them, I can totally see why they work for kids, especially reluctant readers. After reading this book I really want to have these in my classroom, and am interested in reading smile or sisters.
Halley Todd
This is one of the season's must-read novels! Readers will delight in Babymouse's antics, and fondly remember when there was that one present they just had to have. For Babymouse, it is a Whiz Bang. She will not be happy until she gets one! She tries everything she can think of, and even dreams of Sugarplum dancing Whiz Bangs. However, when she does finally get her Whiz Bang, the batteries are not included! Thus, she spends an enjoyable evening playing with her little sister and parents with the ...more
Holly Letson
Not your classic retelling of "A Christmas Carol", this one is 5x's as fun to see and read.
----------
Babymouse wants a Whiz Bang for Christmas. We know that. Her parents know that. Her classmates and friends know that. Heck, EVERYBODY knows THAT. But, can she discover the true meaning of Christmas? Will she discover that some things are MORE IMPORTANT than that electronic device?
-----
Babymouse has received yet another terrible gift from a classmate, and she goes home to go to sleep, hoping Sa
Becky B
It's Christmastime! Babymouse is a teensy bit obsessed about getting presents, specifically a WhizBang. She's trying everything she can think of to get one, from winning the locker decorating competition, to visiting Santa ad nauseum at the mall. But Christmas isn't just about getting presents! Can Babymouse learn her lesson before Christmas passes by?

An all too real scenario for kids to get so obsessed about getting they forget more meaningful parts of the Christmas season. Of course, this not
Lachelle Cooper
Graphic-Novel
Ages 7 and up
Paperback

This book is apart of the Babymouse Series. There are 16 stories that take you on an adventure with babymouse. Book number 15 A Very Babymouse Christmas talks about babymouse missing the meaning of christmas and only wanting Presents. Faced with three problems Babymouse must overcome her ways to get to her presents. This book teaches young readers the meaning of christmas. So many of them can relate to babymouse because they too live to get up to see whats unde
Dolly
Aug 21, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is the fifteenth book in the Babymouse series by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. The plot centers on Babymouse's experiences during the Christmas season. I loved the holiday and literary references. While the story was a bit predictable, it was a sweet holiday-themed story.

Our youngest really likes these books. They are quick reads and she read this book in less than an hour. We've been going through this series very quickly and now that we're very close to the end, perhaps we'll move on
Nicole
Nov 26, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because it captures the essence of what the holidays are supposed to be about. We read about all the holidays different families celebrate and things to be thankful for. Yet, babymouse only seems to care about the Whiz Bang she is dreaming about for Christmas. She finally gets her Whiz Bang christmas morning, but the batteries aren't included so babymouse can't play with it yet. Instead, she plays with her sister and one of her new toys and spends time with her family. This is ...more
Rachel Kramer Bussel
This holiday season, our beloved mouse is eager to get the hot new does-it-all phone, a Wizbang, which already the Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm give a nod to the adults and mock our desire for the latest, greatest tech products. Babymouse tries to con Santa with various disguises and gets taken back to the Ghosts of Mean Girls Past as she, hopefully, learns a lesson. Will there be a "typical" ending for her? Read A Very Babymouse Christmas, and then do someone a favor and give them a copy. ...more
Christiana
I will cut the Holms some slack because, hello, they created Babymouse. But this one was not my favorite! I feel like Babymouse just all of a sudden stops being so greedy and I wanted more of an aha moment I think (Babymouse IS on a higher learning level than most literature out there today) than what I'm given as to the True Meaning of Christmas. But obvs, I will continue to read Babymouse until the day I die. I just wanted a bit more from this edition. The Christmas cards at the end were funny ...more
Kelly Fulcher
Nov 15, 2011 Kelly Fulcher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, and how very similar it was to a child's idea of Christmas. Presents presents presents!! There were lots of other things happening that went un-noticed, and it was an interesting take on a child's idea of Christmas. She is so cute, and a great character for a series. The reader can relate to her immediately, and are interested in following her throughout the other books, which is a great way to keep students reading. This is a great book, and I would venture that the rest of t ...more
Selene Vasquez
Oct 01, 2014 Selene Vasquez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ive always enjoyed Babymouse books! this one is probably one of my favorites (from the ones I've read) It also has a great christmas message that probably can relate to many children. With baby mouse dying to get Whiz Bang for christmas and then realizing it does not have batteries included she is disappointed. She spends the rest of her night playing with her sister (who got a mouse house) and realizes that the best gift is spending time with her family.

the message it sends it good for children
Chelsea Christophel
I thought this book was fantastic! Any young reader will enjoy this or even a classroom full of students for a read aloud. During the holiday season, most children find an absolute joy in reading anything that has to do with this time of year! It is relatable to children because similar to Babymouse, children look forward to the presents. At a young age, it is hard to have an appreciation for anything other than the gifts and this story helps children to see otherwise and realize that this more ...more
Deborah Markus
Dec 21, 2012 Deborah Markus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely hilarious. Genuinely all-ages fun. I highly recommend this for parents who have a wide range of ages to please with the nightly read -- or for anyone who enjoys great humor writing. My son and I sat down with it tonight, and the Mohawk-sporting teen was laughing as much as I was. Clever and funny and makes some great points without being ham-handed. Can't wait to see what other Babymouse books my library carries.
Kaethe
Not my favorite, and for reasons I acknowledge are trivial. Like, it bugged me that the cover is read and green but the book itself is pink. I'd rather the book had been red-and-green or the cover be pink. And even though this one riffs on several of my favorite Christmas stories, it never really struck a chord with me. Eh, maybe it was just that I didn't feel well all weekend.

Library copy.
Eric Hernandez
Nov 26, 2012 Eric Hernandez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
being in the christmas spirit i decided to read this book of the babymouse series. As christmas is approaching and babymouse and her sister only want one thing babymouse wants whiz bangs. Picturing other presents babymouse realizes that this is the best one and gets it on christmas but with no batteries but still has fun with it. Great story to read around this time of year.
Holly
I confess this is my first Babymouse book. I read it for the SharpSchu December book club. It took me a bit to get into it, but I ended up enjoying it. Graphic novels are hard for me, but I know they're popular with kids, so I'm trying to be open-minded. I love the narrator throughout, and I just taught my fourth graders about allusion, so I could share this with them.
Karly Kovac
Nov 18, 2011 Karly Kovac rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!!! Every little kid loves Christmas for the same reason.... presents! It is hard for parents to explain to their kids that Christmas is not just about gifts. This book teaches that it is not just about the presents and whether or not kids understand that the first time they read it, they definitely will understand it eventually!
Mckinley
This was very confusing to read. Not sure who the narrator vs. main character is. There are also many asides that are unrelated to the story too. Theme of greed for gifts and obsession for one in particular verse what the winter holidays since Hanukkah is included.
Odd. Don't think I'll be reading any of the others in the series.
Salsabrarian
For Babymouse, it's all about getting a Whiz Bang electronic device for Christmas. Repeated visits to Santa and even going to her friend's house everyday for Hanukkah might just score her a Whiz Bang. But when it arrives (without batteries), is it really what Christmas is about? Hyper, jubilant, expressive...that's Babymouse!
Pinky
Dec 12, 2011 Pinky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-11
Babymouse is back with an adorably pink holiday lesson for us all.

Celebrate the reason for the season: spending time together. It's worth more than all the Whiz-bangs in the world.

Babymouse is obsessed with presents (especially exciting when Babymouse celebrates Hanukkah with a friend and discovers there are 8 days of gifts) but as always, she comes around.
Becky
Sep 27, 2011 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Merry Christmas! Okay, so it's a little early, but you'll still love this newest title all about BABYMOUSE! This time she wants the new, fancy technogadget for Christmas. It's all she can think about! But is it really what Christmas means for her?
Shelli
Any book thank makes my daughter jump up and down when she unwraps it as one of her Christmas Presents is o.k. with me. I didn't love this book as much as some of the other Babymouse books but it was still a fun read.
Mandy
Dec 05, 2011 Mandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's Christmas, and all Babymouse can think of is getting what she really wants most: a Whiz Bang! Will she be able to think about anything else, like what Christmas is really about, or will she show her "typical self?"
  • Lunch Lady and the Field Trip Fiasco (Lunch Lady, #6)
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business
  • And Then There Were Gnomes
  • Around the World
  • The Great Pet Escape
  • Gabby and Gator
  • Nursery Rhyme Comics
  • Binky Takes Charge (Binky)
  • The Boy Who Crashed to Earth (HiLo #1)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Benny and Penny in The Big No-No!
  • Sticky Burr: Adventures in Burrwood Forest (Sticky Burr #1)
  • Comics Squad: Lunch! (Comics Squad, #2)
Jennifer L. Holm is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling children's author and the recipient of three Newbery Honors for her novels OUR ONLY MAY AMELIA, PENNY FROM HEAVEN, and TURTLE IN PARADISE.

Jennifer collaborates with her brother, Matthew Holm, on two graphic novel series -- the Eisner Award-winning Babymouse series and the bestselling Squish series. She is also the author of several other highly pra
More about Jennifer L. Holm...

Babymouse (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1)
  • Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
  • Heartbreaker (Babymouse, #5)
  • Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)
  • Skater Girl (Babymouse, #7)
  • Puppy Love (Babymouse, #8)
  • Monster Mash (Babymouse, #9)
  • Babymouse: The Musical (Babymouse, #10)