Money Shot

Money Shot (Money #2)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Secret Service Agent Maria "Goose" di Guzman is assigned to Mishkawa Island on a goose-chase of a case when she encounters a greater mystery in sexy park ranger Rush Guthrie.

Published June 7th 2011 by Berkley (first published April 19th 2011)

Saly
This book didn't work for me for several reasons first of all it was too "out" there, the whole island with rules, the pagan thing, none of it was my thing. The heroine is from the Secret Service and someone featured in the author's last book. She likes to go by the name Goose since her real name Maria brings back bad memories.

The hero Rush was a SEAL sniper slowly getting into the land of living after leaving the army. The very first day Maria makes a move on him but Rush stops it since he want...more
Jess
Very cute! Great back and forth banter, loved the inner dialogue Goose has and it was refreshing to read about a guy who's so straight forward and honest. Rush says exactly what he's feeling and thinking and I loved it. Fun story!
Judi
I really enjoyed this one!

I was on page 36 and totally in love with the sexual chemistry and sarcastic banter between Goose and Rush. Sure they’d just met, he was a suspect she was investigating, and she sure didn’t like the way he was making her feel...all hot and bothered under the collar. And she may not have been 100% professional or acting appropriately when she coped a feel but I loved it. And I loved even more that Rush shut her down and his reasons why. Most men think and act with the li...more
Bookaholics
Money Shot by Susan Sey
Contemporay Romance- June 7th, 2011

3 1/2 stars

Rush Guthrie left the Navy SEALS and came back to Mishkwa, Minnesota to find his humanity again. He tries to find peace living on the small island in Lake Superior. There he works as a park ranger, and is doted on by his Aunt Lila. He is slowly recovering his to his old self. But trouble lurks when Secret Service agent Maria “Goose” di Guzman shows up on the island to investigate him. Rush finds himself intrigued by the polishe...more
Ada
This book turned out to be a surprise. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it since it was vastly different from the previous Money, Honey except that we were introduced to Agent Maria "Goose" di Guzman. However, I found that by the end, it was a delightful surprise!

No doubt that the best parts of the book were between Maria and Rush. Their dialogue was amusing at the start of the book but moved to intense and heartfelt by the end. By the time they revealed their feelings for each other, I was...more
Lizbeth Selvig
When Secret Service agent Maria “Goose” diGuzman arrives on Mishkwa Island in Lake Superior, ostensibly to investigate the local park ranger for his subversive political agenda, it takes her about thirty minutes for deep-seated attraction to grip her and refuse to let her go. It also takes that long for her to know beyond a doubt that ranger Rush Guthrie is as far from subversive as a man can get.
Rush is a former Navy SEAL who has come home to the tiny island in order to exorcise demons left fro...more
Danielle
I found this book cute. There wasn't much hot and heavy action but I didn't mind. This book was mostly about two people coming to terms with themselves and their past. The characters were so easy to get to know and it was so wonderfully written that you got inside the head of each character making your reading experience that much pleasurable. Obviously this is another romantic novel and it was good. A mystery/thriller, but given the setting it's not one that will keep you on your toes since the...more
Megan
I really enjoyed Money, Honey--the author's debut novel. In Money, Honey, we met Goose, the heroine of this novel.

I can't quite put my finger on why this is "just ok" for me. I may not have been in the mood for flowery prose. Sey tends to use too many adjectives and over-describe/use too many adverbs. Sometimes the moment and characters just call for all those words. And sometimes run-ons can just get too annoying.

It wasn't just the prose, though. I could not connect with Goose, the heroine, who...more
Splage
Just an OK read, but sort of a waste of time for me. 1 1/2 stars, I didn't despise it or want to burn it which I consider a 1 star, it was well written enough, but not quite a 2.

I didn't really care about any of the characters, didn't connect with even one, good or bad, to feel for them in the story. I never really got into the story either, it just never caught my interest. She was a secret service agent investigating the hero because of a threat he made on the Governor of Minnesota- which was

Cardyn Brooks
I wasn't familiar with S.S. when the cover of Money Shot caught my eye from the library shelf and led me to read the blurb, which led me to borrow it. So glad! Goose and Rush scope out each other and the community in ways that seem true to mmodern life without being cookie cutter caricatures of "the independent woman" and "reticent ex-military man". The cast of characters, community backstory, and mix of serious and absurd issues are really entertaining.

Will defnitely explore her backlist and lo...more
Amanda
This book was so hard to keep reading. I didn't really feel the chemistry between the characters and the way the hero kept telling the heroine to stop smiling freaked me out a little. The plot moved really slowly and the setting was super awkward. This pagan island is supposed to be isolated while they literally ski to the mainland. The best scene is at the very end and has nothing to do with the romance. Soooo, proceed with caution.
Zoe
It's started off a bit slow in someways, and in others, made annoying leaps. Wile it is unbelievable that the hero takes ne look at the heroine when she arrives on his snowy northern island and absolutely must have her, there is a terrific and convoluted plot, which, while not unpredictable in its ending, brought cross country skiing, counterfeiting, and pagan religion all together, believably, in one book.
Karla
Aug 20, 2011 Karla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
While I found the first in the series very good, this one just didn't work for me. Primarily I felt little tension or chemistry between the hero and heroine. I also didn't care for the mystery plot of a counterfeiter on an island of pagans. Too far-fetched. To be fair I didn't finish the book and things may have picked up after I left off.
Alison Henderson
It took a bit longer than I expected to connect with the characters and the story, but I'm glad I stuck with it. My patience was rewarded big time by the middle of the book. These complex characters didn't reveal themselves early, but instead, were revealed to the reader while they opened up to each other as their relationship deepened.
Bungluna
I enjoyed the first half of the book, which was lighthearted. Then the book took a turn for a darker tone and I felt like I'd made a wrong turn into a different story. After that I never quite connected to the story again. I usually enjoy this author very much, but this one didn't quite work for me. 2.5/5
Bianca Gogos
It was refreshing to see the hero was not the "cute flirt" but the handsome mysterious guy.

The chemistry between Rush and Maria was electric and even though they were both tough, they were able to help each other through tough issues.

I knew what was coming but was still shocked by the outcome.
Mandi Schreiner
I just can't get into this one. Secret Service heroine comes to investigate hero and makes out with him on first day. Doesn't make sense and the story just isn't pulling me in.

I did enjoy her first book Money Honey and def rec that one.
Anne OK
Quick, fun read. Lots of witty and sarcastic banter going on with the H/H. A bit predictable and somewhat weak plotline but still entertaining.
Bobby_G
Not very interesting or engaging novel. Plot was entirely predictable, I kept hoping for a pot twist that never came.
Becky Moore
I really, really loved the main character, Ranger Rush Guthrie. Well written, overall it was enjoyable.
marieno
C'est n'importe quoi! (I could translate it but it would be lost in translation.)
Aubrey
Fun, sexy with some seriously messed up characters--my kind of book.
Amy Hahn
tons of fun...you'll enjoy yourself with every page!
Mirsada
Mirsada marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Danette
Danette marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
CagedMitch
CagedMitch marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
3420948
Some years back, Susan Sey gave up the glamorous world of software training to pursue a high powered career in diaper changing. Two children and millions of diapers later, she decided to branch out and started writing novels during nap time. The kids eventually gave up their naps, so now she writes when she's supposed to be doing the laundry. She currently resides in St. Paul, MN, with her wonderf...more
More about Susan Sey...
Taste for Trouble (Blake Brothers Trilogy, #1) Money, Honey Kiss the Girl Talent for Trouble (Blake Brothers Trilogy, #2) Touch of Trouble: Blake Brothers #2.5, a Ben Skrewd Novella (The Blake Brothers Trilogy)