Love Letters

Love Letters

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Bridal shop manager Chloe Rogers will soon marry Richard Foster—so she thinks—until suddenly, she bumps into her childhood sweetheart, Josh Goldman, whom she hasn’t seen in thirteen years. The sparks between Chloe and Josh fly, but Richard provides safety, financial security. Should she follow her heart or her head? While cleaning her attic, she stumbles upon love letters...more
Published February 7th 2011 by Solstice Publishing (first published January 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Love Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Letters

Christine
Chloe is set to marry Richard, but her former boyfriend, Josh, moves back into town and throws a kink into Chloe's plans. She realizes that she still has feelings for Josh, and is torn between the two men she loves.

Richard is self-involved, money-oriented, and not very kind or supportive to Chloe. He really irritated me because he treated Chloe so poorly at times. Josh is free-spririted, and he encourages Chloe to follow her dreams and passions. The two men are like night and day.

This story beca...more
Rachelle Ayala
A light-hearted fun read. This book will make you happy no matter what. It's a story about following your heart. Chloe Rogers is set to marry a hard-working, handsome banker. He's smart, a go-getter, and will provide her a comfortable lifestyle. But she cannot forget her first love, Josh Goldman, who returns to town to open a surf shop.

Meanwhile Chloe finds a set of old love letters written to her bossy, control-freak mother. Chloe investigates and finds the man her mother jilted 40 years ago. W...more
Melissa Foster
I had the pleasure of corresponding with Ms. Solon, and found her to be just as charming as her characters. Love Letters is truly a story of second chances. Love lingers on every page. The story is sweet and realistic--I could see the characters playing out before me as I read. This is a book for anyone who feels love in the blood that rushes through them with every fiber of their being. Anyone who has thought about their first love and wondered, "What if". If you're ready for an easy read that...more
Yvonne (Fiction Books)
If you want a contemporary adult romance, light and easy to read, with a happy ending, then look no further, for this is a fine example, from an author who is new to the genre.

As the plot begins to unfold, the outcome is all but inevitable, but the journey to get there is full of romance, heartbreak, whimsy and a little humour.

It is a story of second chances; about the rekindling, repairing and ending of relationships; but ultimately, of following your heart.

At the start, we see Chloe as a very...more
Doreen
Apr 14, 2011 Doreen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women who still know how to hope
Recommended to Doreen by: melissa at thewomensnest.com
This is a good story. It includes lost first-loves and second chances. I had a clear picture of each of the characters and felt that the author crafted them well. The novel has everything it needs; a strained mother/daughter relationship, a crazed, jilted lover, a wedding, and a sweet, little dog named Greta.

The story was fun. The author could have chosen different endings for this story. I like the one she chose to write. True love's power should never be underestimated.
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
What an awesome read this was! So refreshing to read a great story about Love,Loss,and past loves.

I loved the characters in the story,they all had traits you could love and hate. Richard was a character you love to hate. He is very selfish and bossy,he ruled over Chloe and worse yet was that Chloe never questioned him until almost wedding time.

Enter in Josh,the exboyfriend from Chloe's childhood.Things got real when Josh stepped in the story.I just loved his character and was rooting for him...more
Gina's Library
I loved this book. It was so hard to put down. I read it in a day.

I loved how the writing style was easy to read and you got hooked from page 1.

I really felt for Chloe. She had to chose between 2 loves. Not everyone has that chance with their first love again.

I found myself wanting to yell a few times about the character Richard and the things he does.

I highly recommend it.
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
Chloe Rogers is getting ready to marry Richard in a few months. He might be a workaholic and always on his phone, but he's steady and secure. Everything is going okay until Chloe's first love Josh moves back to town. Now she's not sure if she should follow her heart, or her head. Things become even more complicated when she finds a set of love letters written to her mom that seem to indicate she chose her head over her heart. What is Chloe to do?

This is a romance novel in the true sense of the w...more
Jen Emig
I have a hard time with the whole 11-12 year olds falling in love thing. I mean. . . it just seems so strange. It would have made better sense if it was high school at the least.

Some things did not make sense - the iPhone snapping shut, checking out of a hotel when they were at a cabin, whitewater rafting before breakfast? I really didn't follow that whole weekend very well. The time line was confusing. Did they ever have their couples massage? I don't even know!

"horsing down food"?? I own a ho...more
Lindsay Paige
Cover Thoughts: I love the balled up paper with "I love you" written on it. I love it because it's cute and because I think it fits the story well. A balled up piece of paper usually means it's thrown away, forgotten. Those love letters were forgotten as well.

First off, I really enjoyed Solon's writing and I look forward to reading more by her. I enjoyed Chloe, Josh, Suzanne, and even Richard. They were all well developed. I would have to say that Suzanne was my favorite character. She's funny a...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Love Letters was a DNF for me. I only read about 30% into it before I decided that it wasn’t for me. The book starts out fairly strong, though from the beginning I did not like the main character of Chloe. Her indecision between a guy that treats her like dirt and her old flame was really annoying. Her fiance acted that she wasn’t there half the time and when he did acknowledge her, he does so with disdain. Chloe’s interest in him seems to be solely based on the fact that he has money and that r...more
The Pen & Muse
Solon is the next hot writer in romance! I absolutely fell in love with this contemporary romance, Love Letters. Chloe Rogers thought she had the perfect life and the boyfriend, Richard. After all, he just proposed to her.. well that is until she bumps into her childhood sweetheart, Josh whom she hasn’t seen in years. Old memories and feelings start to come back to Chloe. Only adding to the fire is these love letters she finds that belonged to her mother that she received from a love of hers in...more
Monica
A sweet story of Chloe a young girl who is just months away from her wedding. the story takes us through the ups and downs she meets as she personally struggles with who should she marry. Richard the staple, secure and driven man or Josh, her first love who just returned to town. In the midst of all her drama, Chloe comes across an envelope of love letters her mother had recieved from a man before her mother married her father. The letters show great passion and Chloe worries about making the wr...more
JoAnne
Read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com by clicking on the link below:

Romancing the Book
Review by JoAnne
Book provided by author for review

This book was a contemporary romance that quickly captured my attention. I didn't want to stop reading even when I had other things to do, like sleep! I laughed and cried and found myself hoping that Chloe would wake up before it was too late and ditch Richard to be with Josh. I felt a connection to the characters - especially Chloe and Nicole and could see the storyline continuing into a series (not that I'm aware of any plans to do so). I would...more
Paula Ratcliffe
I loved this book, we meet Chloe Rogers who is a bridal shop manager who's engaged to Richard who seems a bit materialistic, always on the phone putting Chloe on the back burner. As she is planning her wedding her first love Josh comes back into town. All Chloe can think is why is he back? Has he finally returned to a long ago promise to marry her, that he told her when they were 11? This book I found was great cause as Chloe is making these big decisions she also helps her mother reunited with...more
Micaela Chavira
THis book was pretty decent. It was a little cheesy. You could predict the ending but it was still fun to read. Its about a girl named Chloe who is engaged to a man named Richard, they have dated for two years. Her young lover from Jr. High showed up and they ran into each other. His name is Hosh . He moved back from Oregon to California just to get Chloe back. Chloe doesnt know that. She ends up having to choose Richard or Josh.

I recommend this book to girls who enjoy a love story. It was pret...more
Felicia Rogers
Carina Burns
Love Letters, Geraldine Solon (my dear friend, a remarkably talented lady who can produce page turners like I’ve never seen…will be seeing her rise to the top*-you go GIRL!)

I kept turning the pages...like i kept turning the pages in Nicholas Sparks's "The Notebook". Routing for Chloe to marry Josh. Great twist n turns, keeping us guessing on the edge of our seats.
Ashley
I really liked this book. It sent me through many emotions. A few of the characters were annoying, for example, Richard's mother. Suzanne was a little over the top at first, but she definitely grew on me throughout the book. This book is a perfect example that it is never too late to fall in love, and sometimes people deserve second chances. Very enjoyable!
Carrie Sims Schutze
I really liked the story-line on this one but I just thought it was poorly written. Liked the characters and how the story turned out, just felt as if I were reading a high school paper instead of a published book.
Kerri
Really did not like this book. Writing was weak and I honestly couldn't get through it. I read to about 60% and just couldn't take anymore.
Very very good. Not always do I find a book that I enjoy the subplots and secondary characters as much as the main ones. Left me smiling.
Peggy
Other then some typos I liked the book The main character had me yelling at her for her fickleness I Love sappy Love Stories.
Estelle
The book is well written, although the love story is too dramatic, which makes it a happily-ever-after type of romance.
Corissa
A predictable love story. Happily Ever after is fltaken care of. An easy summer read if you are just looking to relax.
Jenn
Easy read...but predictable.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Free on Amazon 05/02/2012.
  • Unbreak My Heart
  • Catch Me a Catch
  • Treasure Me (Liberty, #1)
  • True Colours
  • Full Circle
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Saving Georgia
  • Surrender to the Fury
I write Romance and Women's fiction novels. I am the author of Love Letters that was released in 2011.
More about Geraldine Solon...
Chocolicious The Assignment Authorpreneur in Pajamas The Lost Flower Authorpreneur in Pajamas: Building Your Author's Platform Without Leaving Your Home

“If a man loves you he’s not going to ask you to give up the things you love.” 14 likes
“You can’t tell the heart who to love.” 12 likes