Start by marking “The Rookie (Harlequin NASCAR, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Rookie (Harlequin NASCAR, #12)

The Rookie (Harlequin NASCAR #12)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Maddie Felton used to be a credit-card-flashing daddy's girl. But that was so three years ago. Now the heiress is ready to make her mark on her family's motel chain empire. Problem is, she's never had a job. Any job. That is, until daddy puts her in charge of his latest venture--NASCAR sponsorship. Driving rookie Tucker Macray knows NASCAR is an opportunity of a lifetime-- ...more
Paperback
Published September 11th 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Rookie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rookie

Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing
The Rookie by Jennifer LaBrecque
Harlequin NASCAR Series Library
From the outside it looks like Maddie Felton is a spoiled little daddy’s girl, from her view it’s that she is being smothered and pampered by her dad and two older brothers. Wanting to join the family business instead of just shopping, they hand her the most unlikely job….working with their NASCAR sponsorship. Not her thing.

Tucker Macray can't believe they sent this spoiled rich girl who knows nothing about racing to work with him. S
Daisiemae
Feb 09, 2008 Daisiemae rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: My Friend Colleen(it will be heading your direction) and anyone who likes a very sweet romance.
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Colleen recommended the author.
I have to admit that I love Jennifer LaBrecque's books. (Thanks to Colleen for recommending her to me) She writes about people who genuinely learn to care, and then love one another. This book wasn't the exception.
I will say that the first couple of chapters was kind of hard to get through. Once, there relationship began to blossom, it was an easy read.
There is NO SEX in this book. I would definately put it in the catagory as "sweet." So, this isn't the usual author's standards.
So, because of
Crystal
Oct 21, 2007 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
This Harlequin NASCAR romance novel was better than most I've read. I was interested in the characters and even the plot. It was as predictable in the way that many romance novels are, but I wasn't disappointed. Deals with a little more than fast cars and cute boys. I'd recommend it to any of my friends who have take secret pleasure in reading romance novels -- I believe this one could even cross into non-NASCARdom readership.
Beth
May 05, 2010 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: for-fun
Not bad...the romance was believable and cute, and I even learned a thing or two about NASCAR, which I have almost no knowledge of. The ending was a bit hokey and could have used some editing, but otherwise, one of the better written Harlequins I've read.
Shari
Aug 07, 2011 Shari rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite books about the Nascar series. I've read a few others and the story was not as good as this one.
Melissa O'neil
Sep 20, 2013 Melissa O'neil rated it really liked it
Love it!
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Erica
Erica added it
Jul 27, 2016
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Amy Linquist
Amy Linquist marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Vonda
Vonda added it
May 03, 2016
Meg Myers
Meg Myers marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Iris
Iris marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Nancy Nieslawski
Nancy Nieslawski marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Tammie
Tammie added it
Mar 20, 2016
Ctimmsdaughter
Ctimmsdaughter marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
May 15, 2016
Alessia
Alessia rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Alyssa Kremin
Alyssa Kremin marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Feb 09, 2016
Celeste Lirette
Celeste Lirette marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Sandy
Sandy added it
Jan 16, 2016
Jennifer Harris
Jennifer Harris marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
First, let me say this is how I show up at my desk every morning to write. Dahling, I couldn’t possibly write a word unless I was wearing 3-inch heels with a Martini at hand. NOT!!! But it’s so different, and face it, infinitely less scarey than the way I usually work, running shorts and t-shirt with a cup of tea nearby, that I had to put this picture up.

I’ve been an avid reader ever since I was g
More about Jennifer LaBrecque...

Harlequin NASCAR (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Hearts Under Caution