Start by marking “The Rookie (Harlequin NASCAR, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Rookie (Harlequin NASCAR, #12)

The Rookie (Harlequin NASCAR #12)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Maddie Felton used to be a credit-card-flashing daddy's girl. But that was so three years ago. Now the heiress is ready to make her mark on her family's motel chain empire. Problem is, she's never had a job. Any job. That is, until daddy puts her in charge of his latest venture--NASCAR sponsorship. Driving rookie Tucker Macray knows NASCAR is an opportunity of a lifetime-- ...more
Paperback
Published September 11th 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Rookie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rookie

Judy
The Rookie by Jennifer LaBrecque
Harlequin NASCAR Series Library
From the outside it looks like Maddie Felton is a spoiled little daddy’s girl, from her view it’s that she is being smothered and pampered by her dad and two older brothers. Wanting to join the family business instead of just shopping, they hand her the most unlikely job….working with their NASCAR sponsorship. Not her thing.

Tucker Macray can't believe they sent this spoiled rich girl who knows nothing about racing to work with him. S
Daisiemae
Feb 09, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: My Friend Colleen(it will be heading your direction) and anyone who likes a very sweet romance.
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Colleen recommended the author.
I have to admit that I love Jennifer LaBrecque's books. (Thanks to Colleen for recommending her to me) She writes about people who genuinely learn to care, and then love one another. This book wasn't the exception.
I will say that the first couple of chapters was kind of hard to get through. Once, there relationship began to blossom, it was an easy read.
There is NO SEX in this book. I would definately put it in the catagory as "sweet." So, this isn't the usual author's standards.
So, because of
Crystal
This Harlequin NASCAR romance novel was better than most I've read. I was interested in the characters and even the plot. It was as predictable in the way that many romance novels are, but I wasn't disappointed. Deals with a little more than fast cars and cute boys. I'd recommend it to any of my friends who have take secret pleasure in reading romance novels -- I believe this one could even cross into non-NASCARdom readership.
Beth
Not bad...the romance was believable and cute, and I even learned a thing or two about NASCAR, which I have almost no knowledge of. The ending was a bit hokey and could have used some editing, but otherwise, one of the better written Harlequins I've read.
Shari
This is one of my favorite books about the Nascar series. I've read a few others and the story was not as good as this one.
Lisa Misenheimer
Lisa Misenheimer marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Kokopelli
Kokopelli marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Louise Turner
Louise Turner marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Freya Martens
Freya Martens marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
First, let me say this is how I show up at my desk every morning to write. Dahling, I couldn’t possibly write a word unless I was wearing 3-inch heels with a Martini at hand. NOT!!! But it’s so different, and face it, infinitely less scarey than the way I usually work, running shorts and t-shirt with a cup of tea nearby, that I had to put this picture up.

I’ve been an avid reader ever since I was g
More about Jennifer LaBrecque...

Harlequin NASCAR (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2)
  • Danger Zone (Harlequin NASCAR, #3)
  • Thunderstruck (Harlequin NASCAR, #4)
  • No Time to Lose (Harlequin NASCAR, #5)
  • Full Throttle (Harlequin NASCAR, #6)
  • Speed Bumps (Harlequin NASCAR, #7)
  • Back on Track (Harlequin NASCAR, #8)
  • Almost Famous (Harlequin NASCAR, #9)
  • Old Flame, New Sparks (Harlequin NASCAR, #10)
Triple Threat Ripped! Highland Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #262) In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15) Northern Exposure