Start by marking “Tomorrow's Promise” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow's Promise

Tomorrow's Promise

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  1,392 ratings  ·  57 reviews
It happened the way attraction happens best: suddenly, passionately, uncontrollably and unforgettably.

Thousands of feet above the ground on a crowded flight to Washington, D.C., radio personality Keely Williams felt the irresistible pull of handsome congressman Dax Devereaux. They were speaking at the same congressional hearing about Vietnam soldiers listed as MIA. Tragica
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published June 1st 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomorrow's Promise

Melanie♥
5 stars for the narrator and 4.5 stars for the story
Despite being dated (this was written in the early 80's) I really enjoyed this sweet love story. The narrator is one of my favorites and did an amazing job on the southern accents.
Kat

This was one of my first Sandra Brown's novels that I have ever read. And it was because of this book that she has now become one of my ALL-TIME favorite authors! This book was... WOW.

What drew me in, you might ask?
Well first of all, the cover of this edition is so beautiful. I know the golden rule is never to trust a book by its cover, but I'm so happy that I did in that case. Otherwise I never would've discovered how wonderfully talented Ms. Brown is in writing about love, tragedy and hope.

I
Lynsey A
Kari
Given the content of Tomorrow's Promise, this book is definitely dated. It's hard to ignore the time it was written since it deals with MIA soldiers from the Vietnam war. I have mixed feelings about this book. I loved Dax. He is such a sweet guy and any woman would be a fool not to fall in love with him. His attraction to Keely is instant and even though she fights it at first, it is instant for her as well. I felt badly for him as I wanted to see him with Keely.

That was about all I liked about
Carol Stanley-Snow
RECEIVED BOOK FREE THROUGH GOODREADS FIRST READS.

Again, another great Sandra Brown read.

A heart tugging story of a woman not sure is she is a wife or a widow. A story of MIAs and those left behind in an emotional limbo. AND...a love that grows dispite the unknown.

Anyway, i really love Sandra Brown and i hope you read this story and also become a fan.
Kay-em
This is the first romance by SB that I've read. I've enjoyed most of her romance suspense stories and as a result, had high expectations for this book when I picked it from the library. In few words - its ok - if you like romances that are poignant but with a happy ending. I recognized some of the characteristics of SB's writing that make her stand out even today, like the tremendous conflict in the relationship between the main characters due to their circumstances. This always makes a good sto ...more
Jeanne
Keely Preston was a radio personality from New Orleans and Dax Devereaux was the Congressman from Louisiana. As fate would have it they were speaking at a congressional hearing about Vietnam soldiers listed as MIA. Keely's husband was MIA for the last 12 years. She and her friend Betty headed a groups of concerned wives over a proposed bill in congress to eliminate the MIA's wages. Everywhere she turned there was Dax, she had felt a spark ever since there first meeting on the plane to the hearin ...more
Diane
such a great love story from brown. one of her earlier books from 1983 and the plot is a woman waiting for confirmation if her husband is dead or alive from the vietnam war. it's been 13 years and she had only been married to mark for 2 weeks before he was shipped overseas. on her way to a conferece about this plight, she meets congrassman dax deraoux. a love story insues but she feels she must stay viligent to mark and the cause. will she findout marks fate when 26 soilders are eventually retur ...more
Mery
ubek-ubek lemari buku, ternyata aku punya buku ini. :D

Buku ini entah kenapa bisa ada di lemariku, tapi pas lihat harga belakang 12rb, baru inget aku beli ini pas emang lagi diskonan. Kayaknya sih asal comot karena tahu nama Sandra Brown :D

Ceritanya bagus.

Ceweknya namanya Keely, dia sudah nikah selama 12 tahun, tapi cuma ngerasain 3 minggu kebersamaan lantaran suaminya Mark harus berangkat ke Vietnam. Sebenarnya alasan mereka nikah ya memang karena Mark mau berangkat perang. Sayangnya nasib berka
Bronwyn Rykiert
I have read some good Sandra Brown novels but, for me, this was not one of them.

I did not like the main charcater Keely and her martyism. Keely's husband of a couple of months missing for 12 years and she put her life on hold in case he returns. When she evenutally meet someone she can't do anything and when she has a one night together she feels guilty about it? Come on! I found even the fact that Keely did not want to fly silly with her only reason being that husband was killed (though she wa
Monis
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads!

Kiedy otrzymałam "Prawo do szczęścia" bardzo się ucieszyłam, ponieważ uwielbiam książki Pani Brown. Każda z nich opowiada inną historię i każda jest wyjątkowa, na tej również się nie zawiodłam. Książkę świetnie się czyta, jest intrygująca więc również szybko ją pochłonęłam. Jest to opowieść o trudnych wyborach, poczuciu winy, odpowiedzialności za siebie i drugiego człowieka, wewnętrznej zmianie po ogromnym bólu zarówno fizycznym jak i psychiczn
S.J. Tyson
The story of the wife of a MIA Vietnam soldier and a handsome congressman that she meets on a flight to Washington, D.C., the book was short and sweet. Sometimes a little too coincidental with their subsequent encounters, but the story overall was worthwhile. Written by Ms. Brown in the early 1980s, you can definitely tell it is one of her earlier works. But I was invested enough in the story to stay up all night to finish it, so it can't be all bad.
Iris Blobel
This story, if I may call it that, was just going on and on and on ... without anything really happening. And then something came up that made me check the blurb on the back cover and found out the book is almost thirty years old!

I've got to admit I didn't like the story. I think even placed into the "now" time, it'd be boring and at places close to unbelievable with so many coincidences.

Keely's soldier-husband has been missing in action for twelve years. She doesn't know whether he's dead or a
Kshydog
Good thoughts about how long should a spouse wait for a MIA. Liked how her employer supported her efforts and her emotional strength to get in a helicopter each day. Surprised how could she trust and fall so in love with such a playboy type man as that senator.
Stacy
Ok, didn't realize it was an old one until I started reading but I think it is a great way to see where Sandra Brown started from & compare to how far she has come. Very, very far.
Elise
This is the next in my "random reading off the office bookshelf", otherwise I would rather be flayed alive than read a crappy lowbrow romance novel.

But I read it anyway.

It's a formula romance novel. You either like them or you don't.

Keely's husband is MIA in Vietnam (this is the early 1980s); on a trip to Washington to lobby for continuing benefits for MIA soldiers' families, she meets a hunky Senator, Dax Devereaux. Much passion and guilt and back and forth and "I must never see you again!" mom
Meghan
Typical cheesy romance, But I have to give some credit cause even though this book was exactly the first three words I wrote, I enjoyed the story and it had me hooked.
Jami Blossom
This is an older book of Sandra brown and it was romance not murder or mystery. It was a good romance thought, I read it in two days!
Joannie
Excellent. It swept you and made u hold your breath when they found the 26 men..
Linda
Feb 06, 2014 Linda marked it as not-interested-in-reading  ·  review of another edition
*Things just didn't click.*
Traci
An oldie but goodie!
Steph
sandra brown likes to explore really squirmy relationships that i don't approve of at all, which then ruins any enjoyment one might take from the love story - romances between women and their sister's ex-husbands/boyfriends, romances when one of the parties is married, and here, a romance between a woman who's husband is missing at war and the senator who is helping her in her cause for the missing men. such an icky, uncomfortable situation, so not a concept i want to explore, especially in an e ...more
Maggie Shanley
Ok story of a woman living as a widow since her husband disappeared during the conflict in Vietnam.
Sari
Dari awal sampe 1 bab sebelum ending, menurut gw nih buku bagus, beda dari perkiraan sebelumnya yg membuat gw males membacanya.
Tapi....pas di bab akhir, tokoh cwnya bikin gw ilfil n membuat gw menyesal sudah membaca n membeli nih buku. Biz tuh cw dangkal banget, sok suci tapi giliran buat kesalahan malah menyalahkan tokoh cowonya. Aneh banget dah. Untung nih buku diskon, jadi gak bikin gw menyesal bgt krn ud beli, klo gak, bisa" gw nyesel ampe keubun" d. BT X(
Maura
If I'm remembering this story correctly, Keely is married but her husband has been missing in Vietnam and she's taking political action about it. Along comes Dax and the fact that she's married gets in the way of their being together. I remember not liking that. I like Sandra Brown, but I'm not so much a fan of her earlier works. Especially not this one - but that was due more to circumstances in the novel.
Shawn
This is the first romance novel I have read. It was pretty much what I expected, but I can't say I was disappointed. Sometimes predictability can be a good thing! The characters, although a bit "ideal", felt very real. Most of the intimate scenes really got my heart pounding. And most importantly, the reason I give this book 4 stars instead of 3, I cried and cried and cried at the end. Very nice finish! :)
LJ
Tomorrow's Promise - NR
Brown, Sandra (aka Laura Jordan, Rachel Ryan, Erin St. Claire)

It happened the way attraction happens best: suddenly, passionately, unforgettably. High above the ground on a crowded flight to Washington, D.C., radio personality Keely Preston felt the irresistible pull of Congressman Dax Devereaux, and nothing would ever be the same.

Definitely not one of my favorites.
Andrea Larson
After reading Ricochet and Play Dirty, this was somewhat of a disappointment. It was a so-so love story about a woman whose husband disappears in Vietnam. After 12 years, the government is proposing a bill to have these men (there are 2000) declared legally dead. She is head of a group that's fighting this bill - but then falls in love with a congressman who's a part of the hearing for the bill.
Carrie
If you take into account the date of publication (1983) this is a decent romance. Overly dramatic? yes. Dated? Yes. But the story contained a sympathetic and, at times, poignant look at the limbo the wives of soldiers missing-in-action live in, even years after the fact. That part of the story was moving and worth thinking about.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Friends and Lovers
  • A Willing Surrender (Harlequin Presents, #976)
  • Nice Girls Finish Last
  • Pinangan Terselubung (The Baby Proposal)
  • The Main Attraction
  • Fever (McCalls, #1)
  • Steam-Powered 2: More Lesbian Steampunk Stories
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • Millie's Rose
  • Fall from Grace
  • The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1)
  • Aftershocks
  • Cowboy Up (The Sweet Shoppe, #1)
  • Cry Uncle
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • The Headstrong Bride
  • The Day We Met

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), & SMOKE SCREEN (2008).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since t
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Mean Streak Ricochet Chill Factor