Start by marking “Happy World” as Want to Read:
Happy World

Happy World

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Kyle Forester likes rules and schedules, and he loves his janitorial job at Happy World. The gigantic theme park has strict regulations that Kyle knows are in place for a reason. After all, life just runs more smoothly when there are rules in effect, and Kyle is going to make sure his new trainee is fully aware of that. They’ll both get along fine, Kyle is sure. Anyone wor ...more
Published March 23rd 2011 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Happy World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy World

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I have read this book 3 times in like a month. Fucking good book!

4.832 Star Points. Rounded up to five because its the best MM book I've read in a while. I enjoyed it immensely and didn't want to put it down, stayed up too late reading it and then had to finish while being a zombie at work.

Why not five stars (stuff I didn't care for):

• Started off very very slow. Make it to chapter 2 and you're all set

• I had trouble following the time line. Like the start of a chapter I'd think might be a co
Heather C
This was a really cute, quirky story. In the beginning I was a little weirded out by how obessessed Kyle was with Happy World. I mean, he could quote the rule book and really took the job way too seriously. But all his anal renteniveness actually became adorable to me. He was sweet and genuine and I loved him and Rory together. I really liked Rory, too, even though his background situation was a bit predictable.

I commend the author on how well the insulin dependent diabetes was handled. A few is
Tam
Mar 25, 2011 Tam rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
One of these ladies has worked at Disney, I swear or knows someone who did I'd say. :-) Kyle has always wanted to work at Happy World, he's like to be a dancer/actor but has been content to be a grounds keeper hoping his chance will come to move up. He's assigned to train a new guy Rory. Kyle LOVES rules and NEVER breaks them. However Rory is the opposite. It makes Kyle crazy and within a couple of days he's nearly fired because Rory has insulted the "star" of the show Charlie and broken a few o ...more
Gyn
So at first I have to say the fact that Happy World is basically Disney with a different name annoyed me. BUT eventually it became endearing and I realized it had to be that way or else the story wouldn't have felt the same. The author managed to write a contemporary romance that had a sort of fairy tale feel to it because of the fact it was set almost completely inside Happy World. I loved the characters and their story was sweet and cute. I knew where it was headed in the end but it didn't rea ...more
Chris
3.5 stars. Good m/m romance about a guy who works at Happy World (basically Disneyworld) and rigidly follows the rules until a free-spirited trainee disrupts his routine and gets under his skin.
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Real cute and fun!!
Loved it. Thanks bubbles for Reco xxo
Jane
Apr 16, 2011 Jane rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
'Happy World' by Kiernan Kelly and Tory Temple is perfectly named. This delightful romance is pure fairytale in plot, but with the bonus of very real and endearing characters in the shape of two Happy World employees, the experienced Kyle, yearning to be more than a groundskeeper, and his new trainee, Rory.

I have to confess, a theme park would have to pay me to get me inside its doors, but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy visiting one in a book. The authors capture the atmosphere so perfect
Arthur
2.5*

Happy world is a story about a theme park employees. (view spoiler)

True to the theme, the main characters' behaviors seem to be that of preadolescence kids. Yes, they know how to use their d*cks with ea
Emily Moore
Anyone who likes Disney will see the thinly veiled parallels between the hugely popular Disney World and the author creation Happy World. This is a chance to go behind the scenes of a theme park and follow a budding relationship between two men who start out as total opposites. Both authors are favorites of one so when I saw this combination I knew I had to read it and it was a light, delightfully happy read.
Alina
Mar 08, 2014 Alina added it
Don't know where to start.

I liked the whole theme park setting very much - unique and interesting, but I had a hard time connecting with the characters. I liked Kyle at first, and sympathised with him, but I just couldn't get why he's so self-deprecating around his co-workers, I mean it's not high school, who cares where does who sit in the cafeteria??? And then I get that he wants to be an actor in the park, but working two years as a janitor, while having a college degree seems real strange to
Marsha Spence
LOVED Kyle and Rory! I enjoyed the storyline in the theme park. The story was well written and I really enjoyed Kyle and Rory's relationship from the book beginning to end.
Page Crusherz
4.5 Super cute. I LOVE Disney and so this is always a fun read. I didn't like everything about the plot, but is an overall huge winner :) Plus two great authors!
Lucy
As a Disney fan, this just made me smile. Kyle and Rory were so sweet. Its pretty clear who Rory is, and just made it better. This was So cute.
MsMiz (Tina)
Super super cute read. I really enjoyed it.
Nikko
Its a really nice read.. Very relaxing!!!
Stephanie
I really enjoyed this story! It was sweet, funny, endearing and at times, aggravating! Mainly because of Kyle and Rory. Between Kyle's cowardliness and strict adherence to rules and Rory's pride and stubbornness, I wanted to smack them both repeatedly. You can't help but to adore both of them. Talk about opposites attracting!

I love it when a story engages my feelings from the very start and keeps my attention until the end and this one definitely did. I also teared up at the end when Kyle's drea
Susan
Kyle and Rory are employed as groundskeepers at Happy World, a Florida theme park. Kyle is very OCD about falling all the employee rules and Rory is the complete opposite. Despite their differences, there is a definite attraction and they start a relationship. They have their ups and downs along the way. Not least of which is Charlie, one of the star "actors" at the park, who's a real dick. Rory has been keeping a bit of a secret, though, and when it comes out, Kyle realises that everything will ...more
Coffinmo
I love opposite attraction and cute,fluffy stories.
Trisha Harrington
This was a really cute story. Kyle and Rory were adorably hot together. I loved reading this and it was fun to read a story as cute as this. I have to say I loved both MC's. Charlie was the only character I didn't like. He was an ass and I wanted to slap him many times. Great read.

Highly recommend this!
Gavin
The plot builds upon the same hope as the Happy World theme park that it's set in. Fairy tale plot set in a fairy tale park.

Once you set yourself up for the suspension of disbelief--should work, but its simplicity is a plus and a minus--depending on what you're after in such a romance.
Jenre
Fun story set in a Disneyland type setting. I liked both characters, thought them cute and sweet together and their opposites attract romance worked for me. If you're looking for something undemanding with an underlying humour in the narrative then I'd recommend this.
Meggie
This story was enjoyable. The main developed plot was pulling and comical. I liked Kyle as a character. He was maybe to shy and serious, but I do understand why he behaved the way he did. Rory was a bad boy, but had a serious loving heart. I liked them as a couple.
OkayKim
I got to admit, there was real trouble with me in the beginning with Happy World, the handbook, and OCD Kyle. Just a little over the top there. Then things started to pick up when (rule breaker) Rory made an appearance. Very entertaining!
Miriki
I won this in a 3rd year anniversary contest at M/M Romance group.

There was no mystery here. It's just cute and well written. I loved both the MCs. :)
Megan
I'm so glad I finally got around to reading this. It was totally cute, and so very well executed.
Shannon
Cute story. Could have been great if the MCs showed just a tad bit more emotion.
Julie
Loved it! It's nicely written and sweet, and the guys are so cute.. Read it!
Nicole
5 stars just for the arsehole who gets an awesome come-uppance.

Anke
Nice, easy, fluffy, fairytale like read.
  • Back Home
  • Touch of a Wolf
  • Ravages
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Leather Nights (Armadillo, #1)
  • The Manny
  • Sucker-Punch
  • Stuck on You (Love is Always Write)
  • Wintergreen (Dan & Tyler #2)
  • Astronomical (Astronomers #1)
  • Just Like Cats and Dogs
  • Sharing Paul (Portals, #3)
  • Carol of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #1)
  • Liquid Glass
  • Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas, #2)
  • Quinn's Hart
  • Written in the Stars
  • Tortoise Interruptus
Caffeine for a Marine In Bear Country Riding Heartbreak Road Hard for the Money Time Enough (Love is Always Write)