Start by marking “Noche de luna” as Want to Read:
Noche de luna

Noche de luna

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  340 ratings  ·  24 reviews
LA HIJA DEL VICARIO.
Obligada a abandonar su hogar en la vicaría, orgullosa y resuelta, Olivia Sherwood encuentra trabajo en Ravenwood Hall, donde preparan la llegada del nuevo conde, que ya está de camino. Desde el primer momento, Olivia se queda impresionada ante el gallardo galán de ojos oscuros y brillantes bajo la luna. Aunque sus orígenes están ensombrecidos por los
Published June 17th 2010 by Valery (first published December 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Noche de luna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noche de luna

Catherine
I picked up this book because I was intrigued by the complications and character that could arise from the hero, Dominic, being half gypsy. I really like reading about gypsies in my historical romances. I like getting a deeper look at their culture and watching a hero (or heroine) move past their own prejudice and come to love someone so different from themselves.

I felt that I didn't really get as much as that as I was hoping to. Dominic did talk about being torn between two worlds, but I didn't
Lynsey A
I liked this one well enough. I'd probably give this a 3.5*. The story line was intriguing. I always enjoy stories with gypsies. I expected a bit more angst in this one but I still liked it. I enjoyed it perhaps because the heroine wasn't so annoying as in previous Samantha James books and because the hero and heroine weren't always fighting. There were several times where the hero jumped to the wrong conclusion about the heroine which was bothersome.

It just wasn't as dramatic as I thought it w
Donna
This is one of my very favorite books! It is a keeper and I have read it more than once over the years.
Anita
Nina
I really, really liked this book. At first I thought it would be similar to a few other romance novels Ive read, you know- innocent women, worldly and experienced man and the whole story concentrated on them.
But this book was a pleasant surprise.
These are a few reasons:
1. The story is not only concentrated on Olivia and Domenic but on Emily and her life too. What would have been more interesting though would be a romance novel with a blind woman as the main character.
Tell me if there some (well
Mirjam
One moonlit Night is a likeable love story about the half Gypsy earl and a clurgyman's daughter. Unusual, but therefore definitely intriguing. I picked it up thinking it could be good, which it was for the most part. I think the character of Dominic was better worked out than that of Olivia. James definitely managed to convey the lost feeling of a man born from two worlds yet not fully belonging to either. I enjoyed reading their story and the secondary love story, Olivia's blind sister Emily an ...more
Ana
It's ok, not as spectacular as her other books. But it's a good enough to read for an afternoon or two.
Syahira Sharif
Yes, I read this too fast. In fact, I've memorized the book so many times that it got stuck in my head. Samantha James was one of my favourite historical romance author when I was around 15 years old. I have all her books in a row and memorize each one of them. Funny huh? I think the story is very sweet and lovely.

Its about a half-gypsy half-english Earl who went back to his father's house after his father's death. He nearly hit Olivia (yay) with his carriage and he got curious with her. Some b
Michelle
When Dominic St. Bride comes to Ravenwood manor, it begins a most interesting story. From the beginning, we see how much the gypsies (Romany) people are mistrusted due to how different they are. That prejudice sets the tone for the entire novel and it plays an important role in how the main characters interact. James created some interesting characters and some rather annoying ones. The blind sister Emily drove me crazy. She was a constant irritant throughout the story. Overall, a nice little lo ...more
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Dominic was born as a bastard from a Gypsy and an Earl, and he has spent most of his life not knowing where he belongs. Olivia is the oldest daughter of a deceased vicar and his wife, and is now the sole support for her and her blind sister, Emily. Both of the girls fall for Gypsy men and get past their wariness of Gypsies to be with the men they love. Dominic finally finds his place with his countess, and Emily gets her sight back because of love. Great read!!
Black Queen
The first time I heard about this book was when my friend whitney, was going on and on about this great book she was reading and I look at the cover and said this probably not a good book for me because I love reading nothing but vampires. So she told just try it one time you would fell in love with it, and sure enough I fell in love with it...:D
Quinn
Aug 31, 2012 Quinn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical romance lovers
Shelves: romance
Read it in two days! Had a hard time putting it down. I liked it a great deal. It didn't make me want to gag with oversweet affection. There was story besides the romance, and other important, explored characters. It lacked what I don't care for in other romances. I appreciate that!
Dancer
There are plenty of twists and turns in the plot development to keep the reader happy; however, the characters were not flushed out fully in this book.
Michele Lacroix
I love Samatha James. I couldn't put this book down once I started it even though it is the same story of Half gypsy lord and local girl. It's worth reading.
This was a good book BUT I was more interested in the secondary love story between Emily and Andre than I was about Olivia and the Earl
Sasha Martinez
I will return to discuss this book's failures, I swear on my first goldfish's grave.
Johanna
Super sexy, adventurous read! Samantha James does not disappoint!
Julia Lanter
Gypsies, romance and a heroine who grapples with desire and duty.
SandraE
A good book with well developed characters.
Desiree Sinkevich
Desiree Sinkevich marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
2muchforme
2muchforme marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Armelle Jenner
Armelle Jenner marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
  • Who Will Take This Man? (Regency, #1)
  • The Sound of Snow
  • Till Next We Meet
  • The Matchmaker (Maker, #1)
  • The Runaway Princess (Princess #1)
  • The Portrait
  • How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2
  • Heiress in Love (Ministry of Marriage, #1)
  • His Bride
  • Always a Scoundrel (Notorious Gentlemen, #3)
  • One Night Of Scandal (Fairleigh Sisters, #2)
  • Maverick Heart
  • The Heir and the Spare (Negligent Chaperone, #1)
  • My Heart's Desire
  • Bound by Your Touch
  • An Indecent Proposition
  • For My Lady's Heart (Medieval Hearts, #1)
  • Silver Nights
Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, Samantha James had many childhood aspirations--being a writer was never one of them. When she was ten, she was certain she was destined to be an astronomer. That soon changed (happened a lot during those pre-teen years!) when she decided archaeology was in her future. Detective work was her next goal, thanks to the Trixie Belden mysteries she was reading, and before ...more
More about Samantha James...
A Perfect Bride (Sterling Trilogy, #1) A Perfect Groom (Sterling trilogy, #2) The Secret Passion of Simon Blackwell (McBride Family, #1) His Wicked Ways (McKay, #1) A Perfect Hero (Sterling trilogy, #3)