Start by marking “Tracking Perception (A Becky McAllen Mystery Novel)” as Want to Read:
Tracking Perception (A Becky McAllen Mystery Novel)

Tracking Perception (A Becky McAllen Mystery Novel)

A Becky McAllen Mystery Novel

A bloody murder at the Piper Mansion. The only witness, Tasha-- a German shepherd dog...

There's been a murder in Spike, a small Texas town. The bank president and his wife were found in their home with slashed throats. The discovery occurred when four church ladies came to visit for the monthly financials. After stumbling onto the gruesome scen
Published (first published March 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tracking Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tracking Perception

Denise Zendel
Jun 30, 2014 Denise Zendel rated it it was amazing
A group of church ladies who have come to the house for a meeting finds a bank president and his wife at home in their pajamas with their throats slashed and their red German Shepherd, Tasha, locked in a bathroom and going crazy with fear.

Becky McAllen, a dog lover and wife of the police chief of Spike, Texas, hears the sirens and goes to the home, worried about the occupants and Tasha. She sees one of the “ladies” beating Tasha with a broom and snaps, verbally eviscerating the woman. She rescu
Gina
Not the greatest book by any means but I had to read this book for a book challenge. It was a Kindle freebie and I could tell it was a freebie. Sometimes you get gems in the freebie sections but this was not one of them. I wouldn't recommend it. A generous 2 stars.
Sharon Michael
Apr 10, 2012 Sharon Michael rated it it was ok
I liked the book, but with reservations. I'm a dog person, so of course the dog as a main character encouraged me to try this. Good characterization, well developed main characters and a reasonably interesting plot although some parts of it seemed disconnected and difficult to follow.

The first of two major issues was that I just flat did not like the main female character, she was short tempered, lost her temper (often without apparent reason) with everyone including her husband and did things
Kathleen Holder
Exciting

I loved this book. Becky and Matt are an excellent team. The story is amusing and intriguing. Kept me interested from beginning to end. I would definitely recommend this book.
Mary Schildman
Jun 24, 2014 Mary Schildman rated it liked it
Dog lovers

Enjoyed the storyline but the ending didn't make any sense, at least to me. Like the characters, love the dog. Don't know if I'll read other books in the series.
Sharon
Nov 15, 2015 Sharon rated it it was amazing
This is a very good mystery with good characters and lots of twists and turns. I will keep you guessing until the end.
Diana Hockley
Dec 22, 2012 Diana Hockley rated it really liked it
I felt this book, in spite of it's opening horrific chapter and following chapters, was a little cozy. The small-town setting, in my opinion, gave this impression but this is did not deter me, however, from enjoying the characters and the interactions between Becky and the townsfolk, particularly the dreadful Margaret!

All in all, a well-crafted, enjoyable novel which bears keeping. I particularly liked the dog - as I do all animals - and was glad that she wasn't eliminated, as so many authors do
Marilyn
Jun 29, 2014 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Great

this was so able to make you laugh about the humor in the book.the murders part of mystery of who is who.
Vicki Tyley
Apr 19, 2011 Vicki Tyley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie
An entertaining and engaging mystery, and one I'd recommend to all mystery fans, but especially those who are dog-lovers. Dogs play an integral part in the story and it is obvious that Galbiati writes from experience. (Tracking Perception was originally published by L & L Dreamspell as The Scent of Money.)
A
Apr 11, 2013 A rated it really liked it
This was a great read filled with murder, suspects, and surprises. Although sad the ending will surprise you. This is the first book I have read from this author and it may not be the last.
Kristie Foley
May 17, 2012 Kristie Foley rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read in this series and I loved it! I loved the character and the book moved at a great pace! I can't wait to read more by this author!
Kathy
May 26, 2013 Kathy added it
Good book, nice read, engaging, could have been more substance to the ending.
Susan F
Jun 05, 2012 Susan F rated it liked it
This author has the potential to be very successful.
Jack
Oct 01, 2014 Jack rated it liked it
Thriller for dog lovers
Patty
Patty rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2016
claudette bergman
claudette bergman rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Quenya
Quenya marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Cath White
Cath White marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Mandi Schalon
Mandi Schalon marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Karolyn B. Dorsey
Karolyn B. Dorsey marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Zee
Zee marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Barbara Orend
Barbara Orend rated it did not like it
Mar 01, 2016
Mari Funai
Mari Funai rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Erika M
Erika M marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
P
P marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Cherri Galbiati grew up on the outskirts of a small town in rural Louisiana, but moved to Houston, Texas while still in grade school. By the seventh grade Cherri knew she wanted to be a writer. She attended college at Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, Louisiana. After that she traveled throughout Scotland, London, Germany and France before returning to make Houston her home.

Her intere
More about Cherri Galbiati...