Start by marking “Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens: The Secrets about Money--That You Don't Learn in School!” as Want to Read:

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,702 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews

You’re never too young to learn the language of money… and the lessons that rich dad taught Robert. Like it or not, money is a part of our everyday lives and the more we understand it, the better the chance that we can learn to have our money work hard for us—instead of working hard for money all our lives. That starts with learning the language of money.

This book, created
Published May 1st 2012 by Plata Publishing (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens

Jeffrey
Jun 18, 2008 Jeffrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Highly!
Shelves: business
Every teenager should read this. How important is it to learn about avoiding credit cards like the plague? How important is it to learn about compound interest? How important is it to learn about investing in real estate which out weighs any other asset class hands down, 100 to 1, 10000 to 1! What your children are learning or not learning about investing at an early age will to a great degree not only affect them financially, but emotionally, even spiritually. It's a sin and a damn shame that a ...more
Molly
Mar 08, 2014 Molly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I am a YA librarian and have been trying to develop our teen finance collection, so read this book to gain a little perspective on what is out there. I am sure it may be helpful for some teens, but I'm only giving it one star because I find the information vague, overly simplified (even for teen readers!), and presenting a very narrow perspective. On the plus side, the author's voice is very encouraging and not pretentious, so some kids may find that appealing.
Bookworm Amir
May 06, 2013 Bookworm Amir rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book can be read quickly - most of the time it is giving specific examples (stories) of how his theories have been applied.

First I must say that the book truly is inspirational - why a smart man may not be smart at all if he knows nothing of financial intelligence - and made me see how less I knew of it.

Secondly the rules are so simple - yet so hard. There are diagrams in it that will help ease understanding.

Thirdly - this is the book that my current entrepreneurial friends have told me tha
Christian
I should have read this book when my mom gave it to me way back when... but, i didnt. It was for a younger audience than for me but it was still nice to start my financial life off at the most basic building blocks :) It has some helpful basics on how to save, the types of income and financial statements. The only part I absolutely hated was chapter seven because all it was was an advertisement for the authors other financial gimmicks... so skip that chapter... and read this book when you are 12 ...more
Logan
Sep 08, 2015 Logan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If he teaches me how to thinks out money try this thought... How is he keeping rich? I keep asking myself that!! Let's see we buy his book he gets royalties, we believe we want to hear him we buy into his software and lectures and he keeps making money...

Seriously parents can't talk about the things mentioned in this book? I'm sorry but credit card debt management shouldn't be in the agenda for a 16 year old. This is just a mediocre book that gives general examples and how to think about spendi
Andie
I really really liked this book. It was enjoyable to read and taught me a great deal about how to always look for opportunities and how to THINK about money. We have even started playing CASHFLOW the game and are loving it. Highly recommend both this book and the CASHFLOW game.
Islam Abdelbary
Jun 10, 2013 Islam Abdelbary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب جيد
الفكرة العامة جيدة يمكنك الاستفادة منها
بخلاف اغنى رجل في بابل كتاب شامل لكل عصر ومصر
Paul Sidwell
Nov 22, 2009 Paul Sidwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of information for teenagers to start a REAL education on money and how it works. I read it as a father of 11, 8, and 6 year olds who are interested in learning about money and of course, how to make it!
Juan Hidalgo
Leído por recomendación de un amigo. El fondo del libro son un par de consejos simples repetidos ad infinitum, el tono es de telepredicador o de libro de auto-ayuda. Nada del otro mundo.
Jodi
Nov 25, 2008 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My oldest boy is so interested in money... We are reading this together and he is learning what he needs to.. to get ahead of the game!
Paris
Jul 03, 2010 Paris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book tells what the rich teach thierchildren and what we do not.
Akshat Solanki
II read this book after 'The Business School' book by the same author.
I know it's one of the all-time bestsellers, but here is the question I ask, why?
There is no answer and nothing great in this book, however, you need to understand a fact that this gives you some interesting facts, figures, methods that you can use and become rich gradually.
It doesn't come in the must read shelf, but reading this book wasn't actually the waste of time.
It's recommended for businessmen, professional, students.
Marcus White
Dec 21, 2015 Marcus White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though not as groundbreaking as the original "Rich Dad" book, this is an enjoyable and worthwhile read (especially for teenagers) to improve financial intelligence. I thought the best chapter of the book was actually the first chapter, "Financial Intelligence: A New Way of Learning," in which Kiyosaki describing different types of intelligence and learning styles, and assures the reader that he is already smart--an IQ score is certainly not the only mark of great intellect as people learn in man ...more
Ardiyanto
Nov 01, 2013 Ardiyanto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buku ini diciptakan berdasarkan pengalamn penulis (Robert T. Kiyosaki). Semasa sekolah dia tidak secerdas teman-temannya. Namun, tidak berarti dia bodoh, dia hanya berbeda cara belajarnya. Kemudian Robert T. Kiyosaki menemukan seorangmentor yang mengajarinya tentang keuangan dan investasi sehingga dia menjadi sukses.
Buku Rich Dad Poor Dad For Teensadalah buku tentang keuangan dan investasi terlaris karya Robert T. Kiyosaki. Buku ini tidak hanya berisi cerita-cerita yang menakjubkan milik Robert
Virak
the book made me think twice about the concept of "money", it kinda made me feels disappointed because I never thought of the importance of "savings". if you want to live freely without being a salve to "money" try to read it. in brief it will teach you how to deal with money, and how to teach your kids how to use money . good book, it came with good examples as well.
Brandon Zamora
Feb 05, 2014 Brandon Zamora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im a teenager who had some finantial problems not like the adults, when i get a little money I spent every cent on something I didnt need, with this book I learned the power in investing or/and saving money, now my money lasts longer. This book even if you dont lnow anything abouth money or investing will make perfect sense to you and its easy to applycate on daily life.10/10
Matleé Miontini
I feel that he has gone through different types of jobs just to get to the job he likes but his means of searching for what he likes is not applicable to most of us especially financially. I cant go around trying different jobs or working without getting paid enough when I have rent to worry about
Christina
Mar 23, 2015 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: society, youth, money
A great book to introduce a new way of thinking about money that is powerful and exciting. It teaches you to look at cash-flow in a new way that make so much sense: concentrating on acquiring true assets instead of liabilities and then letting those assets work for you.
Sharon Levin
I'm not crazy about the Republican agenda, but the perspective offers food for thought about opportunities most of us are missing out on because we're unaware of regulations associated with taxes, real estate, business, etc.
Maitelhaj
Jul 24, 2008 Maitelhaj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i like the book because it teaches me how to become financial inelligent. The book basicly teaches you how money works for you instead of you working for money.I liked the book I got to know my asstets and liabilities. It basicly teaches you materials that we don't learn in school today. Althought it doesn'talk about in specific, it motivates me a lot to try to be a financial intelligent. Robert kiyoski grew with two different dads. poor dad which is the real dad was a teacher while his rich dad ...more
Quynh Ngo
Apr 25, 2015 Quynh Ngo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business-books
Short and to-the-point, author Kiyosaki tought us how to look at the bigger picture of life, avoid the trap of work-hard-and-get-rich, and improve our financial literacy. It's helpful for people who is starting a life after college.
Ashlyn
Jun 11, 2015 Ashlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a excellent book to help teens start thinking about their financial future. Robert Kiyosaki tells his personal stories on how he got started on the path to financial freedom.
David
May 23, 2015 David rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autoayuda
Es el clásico libro de autoayuda centrado en hacerse rico mediante la compra y venta de bienes raíces. Tiene una parte interesante, la inicial, sobre las motivaciones de querer ser independiente económicamente y no querer depender del sueldo trabajando para terceras personas. Pero es una oda al individualismo y al capital entendido como una forma de obtener riqueza evitando cualquier intermediación por parte del gobierno (impuestos). Es el Lazarillo de Tormes pero escrito por un Hawaiano con la ...more
Rohit Sharma
Jan 02, 2016 Rohit Sharma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, as I have not looked at the life this way. The book helped me getting conscious about the smart money making...
Kunal
Mar 30, 2016 Kunal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read....will help one in changing the view point an individual possess about life styles and luxuries
Sthefania Roman
Sep 12, 2014 Sthefania Roman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es muy bueno, todos deberían darle una oportunidad y cambiar su perspectiva de vida y acerca del dinero
Josiah Jarrett
Aug 18, 2014 Josiah Jarrett rated it it was amazing
Every teen needs to read this book it has a perfect informal standpoint.
Shelly Gruenig
Jan 24, 2016 Shelly Gruenig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
simplified version of Rich Dad book.... good information for teens
Daniel Escobosa
Fue un buen libro en el momento que lo leí, tenía 12 años.
Aryan
I felt this book teaches a lot about money
MAKE MONEY & READ...: MAKE MONEY & READ GLOBAL! HELP STAVING KIDS GLOBAL 1 3 Sep 11, 2014 12:34AM
  • Samurai (Simon St George #2)
  • Lies My Teacher Told Me About Christopher Columbus: What Your History Books Got Wrong
  • Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership
  • Jeff Corwin: a Wild Life: The Authorized Biography
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • Your Money: The Missing Manual
  • The Sea of Adventure (Adventure, #4)
  • Fire Your Boss
  • When the Snow Fell
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Money: How to Make It, Save It, And Spend It
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Into the Wildewood (Faire Folk Trilogy #2)
  • How to Build a Fire: And Other Handy Things Your Grandfather Knew
  • The Devil's Casino: Friendship, Betrayal, and the High Stakes Games Played Inside Lehman Brothers
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • The 6 Most Important Decisions You'll Ever Make: A Guide for Teens
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below
More about Robert T. Kiyosaki...