Start by marking “Vampire Reborn: Book One in the Tamson Huntress Story (Revised Second Edition)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Reborn: Book One in the Tamson Huntress Story (Revised Second Edition)

Vampire Reborn: Book One in the Tamson Huntress Story (The Tamson Huntress Story #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Born in the 1800's Tamson's biggest worry was if she'd make a good wife to her betrothed. Unknowing that a Vampire stalked her. After being torn from her life she was tormented by her captor after being changed against her will.

When she finally makes her escape she vows to protect innocent humans from herself and to kill him. She may be the Huntress now, but can she defeat
Published March 8th 2011 by Createspace (first published May 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Reborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Reborn

Amanda
May 05, 2011 Amanda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Vampire fans
Recommended to Amanda by: Emma Southee herself
i won this book in the book giveaways. i am halfway through and i am really into it. thanks emma southee..... Ok I am finished reading Vampire Reborn and I love it sooo much. The book left me wanting more for sure!! I cannot wait to see what Tamson has in store and what new challenges she has to face. I really enjoyed the story in the book about the beginning of vampires as well as life as we know it. I really hope to be reading more by Emma Southee, She is an amazing writer with a wonderful tal ...more
Vannessa
I received this book from the Good Reads giveaway, but this review is my own opinion.

I really enjoyed this book and the story of our main character. She's not your usual kick ass heroine, but she does learn to fight back and does so well. I loved the way the book swapped between the character's present life and her life before and after she was turned. I do enjoy finding out about how vampires became what they are and this book also gave me a different insight into how the very first vampires we
Tami
Haven't received, just notice I had won. 4/12/11
Received last night and hope to start soon. 4/22/11
Started and Finished Saturday 4/30/11

It is the late 1800's and Tamson is having her debut. She dances with a lot of different men and has a special connection with one, but keeps hearing a voice telling her she is his not anyone elses. She ends up a vampire later on seeking revenge on the one that made her that way.

This was a fun read. A totally different take on the whole vampire rage going on rig
Harpreet
Vampire Reborn differs from the typical vampire themed book. It has a unique plot that mixes in elements of vampire lore and the Genesis creation narrative. Although I found the plot to be captivating the overall structure of the story took away from my ability to enjoy it. There were many grammatical errors and sentence fragments, which created awkward sentences that disrupted the flow of the narrative. On the whole the book is a great start for a writer. Keep up the good work.
Jammies
The only reason I finished this book was it was a First Reads win, and I felt an obligation to review it. Ms. Southee uses far too many sentence fragments, has difficulty with verb tenses and has problems with homophones. In addition, the characters are two-dimensional, and none of the situations make the reader care what happens to the characters.

This book was sent to me for review.
Bookworms
Because I'm very pleased about new author in the vampire genre, I was curious about this book. So the story begins similar with "Interview with a vampire", well, kind of. Because the female vampire Tamson wait for a victim. After she feed, she go to her apartment and begin to write down her past. Her maker, Adam, she wants to kill because he destroyed her life. Then you have a time gap and she talk about her life as human. So the story is written from the view of Tamson. That's very interesting ...more
Nereid
The story starts near the end and then goes back and forth which is a bit disconcerting as I found it did not flow as well because of this style of writing. Once I got further into the story, it did not seem to bother me as much. Tamson is being pursued by her soul mate and we garner an understanding of her life before Adam and then the chain of events that set her current journey into motion. I did not particularly like Adam though I did sort of understand his motives but his definition of love ...more
Des
This is the first book in the Tamson Huntress series, and the first book by author Emma Southee. Yes, it's "another" vampire story, but this has some twists that I've never heard before in relation to the vampire mythos. The story was short and to the point, but a perfect length for an introduction to the main character.

The story was very well written, if not for a few editing errors. But it's the kind of book that I thought about all the time when I wasn't reading it - even in my dreams. (I'm
Olivia
I won this book for free from Goodreads First Reads Program.

It was a fast read - of course it's barely over 200 pages. I received an ARC version of the novel, which made it very hard to read as the novel was completely unedited. Also the author's style was a bit difficult with many fragments and unfinshed thoughts. The story has some potential and with heavy editing could be a decent read. However I don't think I will be reading the next installment in the Tamson Huntress series unless I'm desp
Shiree
This is a great story, and I would recommend it to any fan of vampire novels or urban fantasy. A really well-written book, although in parts it still feels unpolished. However, this novel definitly provides a new twist on vampire-fiction.
Caitlin
I won this book in a good reads contest. From what I've heard about the book it resembles Interview with a vampire by Anne Rice. So I'm really looking forward to checking it out.
Cindy Young
Cindy Young marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Leah M
Leah M marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Yani
Yani marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2012
Pam Smith Faber
Pam Smith Faber marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
Emma Southee
Nov 10, 2012 Emma Southee added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tiffy B
Tiffy B marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Lu J Whitley
Lu J Whitley marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2012
Danna
Danna marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Tosha Miller
Tosha Miller marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2012
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
4120901
I was raised in Europe and America as an Air Force brat.
I began writing in the 80's with short stories I illustrated myself and poems on cards I made.

In 99 I moved from poetry and very short stories to trying my hand at novels. Life kept getting in the way. Marriage, deployment, moves, children, jobs, hard drive crashes ALL seemed to keep me away from the Keyboard.

I finally quit my day job and foc
More about Emma Southee...
Family Darkness (The Tamson Huntress Story #2) A Quick Book on writing a Book Quick Vampire Reborn (The Tamson Huntress Story) Vampire Reborn: Book one in the Tamson Huntress Story (Revised Second Edition)