Start by marking “The Tao of Motherhood” as Want to Read:
The Tao of Motherhood

The Tao of Motherhood

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This elegant and inspiring volume adapts the ancient wisdom of Lao Tzu to assist parents with facing the challenges and realizing the joys of raising children.
Published March 15th 2011 by New World Library (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Tao of Motherhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tao of Motherhood

Mary PhD
This is a precious book. Vimala's writing was so gratifying to read as a mother. We so often are so hard on ourselves and society will step up easily to blame us when things go awry with our children. As an author, researcher and an educator, I soon realized that when all (100%) of the research on attachment and bonding had been conducted only on the mothers there was only us to blame. Yet so little of the praise comes back to us.

I encourage your to buy and read this book! It rocked my motherin...more
Katie
A good book to read a little at a time. I enjoy picking it up, reading an entry, and really thinking about how I am...or am not...as a mom doing what is written.
Pam Butler
This book lives in nightstand and I read a passage every night. It is timeless wisdom!
Lenore Webb
I wanted to share with them that they are putting in wonderful everyday lessons for all to see. It is like The Tao of Motherhood by Vimala McClure. Where it has become automatic for Vannah to provide the right foods for her children, teaching them that these are the ones they desire to eat. I am so proud when I here my grandbabes ask for water to drink, not sodas and the such. Staci is learning that she has to strive for clarity in her life. To see what motivates her and her relationships so she...more
Tami
Of all the hats we wear, motherhood has got to be both the most challenging and rewarding job that we women ever do. There’s absolutely nothing like holding your baby in your arms and falling more deeply in love than you ever thought possible. Along with the joy is the responsibility of supporting and guiding this precious child as they become the person they will be.

I think for the most part, the love and joy comes naturally. It’s the supporting and guiding that requires a delicate touch. Inst...more
Hope
Absolutely one of my most cherished books. This book will live on my nightstand forever. It is filled with beautiful little gems and meditations and life! Such a genius blend of the Tao and modern wisdom for motherhood. This book is a breath of fresh air and nurtures deeply, gently, kindly, powerfully. Love, love, LOVE!!!
Angela
I became aware of this book in my yoga classes. Our teacher would read passages to us, and I found them thought provoking enough to track down a copy.
The thoughts in this book help you put things in perspective, and find a sense of calm. I'll make sure I read from it on challenging days especially.
Brooke
Incredible... This grounds me and resets my perspective, somehow telling me what I need to hear (read) most at this time.
Alecia
Dec 01, 2007 Alecia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any mother
Fantastic! I keep this by my bedside and read a passage every night before bed.
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2014
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Michele Aschenbrenner
Michele Aschenbrenner marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Andrea Glassman
Andrea Glassman marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Alyssa Teixeira
Alyssa Teixeira marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Abigail Kemske
Abigail Kemske marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Macandamanda Mcgee
Macandamanda Mcgee marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Flavia Vigneron
Flavia Vigneron marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
BN
BN added it
Apr 07, 2014
P. H-S
P. H-S marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
199444
Vimala McClure has been credited as one of the founders of the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM®).

Vimala’s interest in infant massage began during her travels throughout India and while working orphanages. In India, McClure had the opportunity to experience massage first hand during a time of illness. This nurturing touch helped Vimala to feel cared for, comforted and encouraged h...more
More about Vimala McClure...
Infant Massage: A Handbook for Loving Parents Fabric Dyeing For Beginners The Path Of Parenting: Twelve Principles To Guide Your Journey A Woman's Guide to Tantra Yoga The Ethics of Love

“A wise mother knows: It is her state of consciousness that matters. Her gentleness and clarity command respect. Her love creates security.” 59 likes