Start by marking “The Tao of Motherhood” as Want to Read:
The Tao of Motherhood

The Tao of Motherhood

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
This elegant and inspiring volume adapts the ancient wisdom of Lao Tzu to assist parents with facing the challenges and realizing the joys of raising children.
Published March 15th 2011 by New World Library (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Tao of Motherhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tao of Motherhood

MaryKay Keller
Sep 22, 2014 MaryKay Keller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a precious book. Vimala's writing was so gratifying to read as a mother. We so often are so hard on ourselves and society will step up easily to blame us when things go awry with our children. As an author, researcher and an educator, I soon realized that when all (100%) of the research on attachment and bonding had been conducted only on the mothers there was only us to blame. Yet so little of the praise comes back to us.

I encourage your to buy and read this book! It rocked my motherin
Pam
Jan 01, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book lives in nightstand and I read a passage every night. It is timeless wisdom!
Lenore Webb
I wanted to share with them that they are putting in wonderful everyday lessons for all to see. It is like The Tao of Motherhood by Vimala McClure. Where it has become automatic for Vannah to provide the right foods for her children, teaching them that these are the ones they desire to eat. I am so proud when I here my grandbabes ask for water to drink, not sodas and the such. Staci is learning that she has to strive for clarity in her life. To see what motivates her and her relationships so she ...more
Tami
Apr 15, 2012 Tami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of all the hats we wear, motherhood has got to be both the most challenging and rewarding job that we women ever do. There’s absolutely nothing like holding your baby in your arms and falling more deeply in love than you ever thought possible. Along with the joy is the responsibility of supporting and guiding this precious child as they become the person they will be.

I think for the most part, the love and joy comes naturally. It’s the supporting and guiding that requires a delicate touch. Inst
Hope
Mar 04, 2014 Hope rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
Absolutely one of my most cherished books. This book will live on my nightstand forever. It is filled with beautiful little gems and meditations and life! Such a genius blend of the Tao and modern wisdom for motherhood. This book is a breath of fresh air and nurtures deeply, gently, kindly, powerfully. Love, love, LOVE!!!
Afnii
Oct 18, 2015 Afnii rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written and authentic. Vimala has given value of to the contradictions and complexities of culture and traditions of Motherhood. I wish I had read this an year ago, would have made a huge difference in my life as becoming a first time mother in dealing with various issues. A book that can lift you up any day.
Angela J.
Jan 10, 2014 Angela J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I became aware of this book in my yoga classes. Our teacher would read passages to us, and I found them thought provoking enough to track down a copy.
The thoughts in this book help you put things in perspective, and find a sense of calm. I'll make sure I read from it on challenging days especially.
Katie Hermann (Hubbell)
Amazing. A must-read for any mama.
Brooke
May 24, 2009 Brooke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible... This grounds me and resets my perspective, somehow telling me what I need to hear (read) most at this time.
Alecia
Dec 01, 2007 Alecia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any mother
Fantastic! I keep this by my bedside and read a passage every night before bed.
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Kelly Fugate
Kelly Fugate marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Maria V. de la Cruz
Maria V. de la Cruz rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2015
Sonja
Sonja marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Emily Cross
Emily Cross marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Sue Lee
Sue Lee marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Kiri
Kiri rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
Laureen Hudson
Laureen Hudson rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Nancy Long
Nancy Long is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2015
Kelsie
Kelsie marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Ruth Harvey
Ruth Harvey rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Kate Mayne
Kate Mayne rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Dina Aurichio
Dina Aurichio rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2015
Lynn Vieira
Lynn Vieira rated it really liked it
May 30, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Leena
Leena marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
199444
Vimala McClure has been credited as one of the founders of the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM).

Vimala’s interest in infant massage began during her travels throughout India and while working orphanages. In India, McClure had the opportunity to experience massage first hand during a time of illness. This nurturing touch helped Vimala to feel cared for, comforted and encouraged he
More about Vimala McClure...

“A wise mother knows: It is her state of consciousness that matters. Her gentleness and clarity command respect. Her love creates security.” 69 likes
“Children are mirrors; they will always show you exactly what is going on inside of you. Each phase of their growth is an opportunity to heal your own pain, to go deeper inside yourself and become more truly human” 1 likes