Start by marking “Demons Like It Hot (Demons Unleashed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Demons Like It Hot (Demons Unleashed, #2)

Demons Like It Hot (Demons Unleashed #2)

A RECIPE FOR DISASTER...
Matthias Ambrose is a demon mercenary who never took sides, until his attraction to the spunky caterer he was hired to kidnap leads him to almost botch a job for the first time in eight hundred years. Now he must protect her from his former clients, but even an ice--cold demon like Matthias struggles to resist her fiery charms.
OR THE PERFECT ING
Published December 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Demons Like It Hot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demons Like It Hot

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess
Reviewed for Wickedly Bookish Reviews

There's something wrong when your final thoughts about a book are, "Thank God it's over!" I wasn't sure if I would make it through this mess of a book, but I am very proud to say I stuck with it all the way to the craptastic end.

The author's bio at the back of the book says Ayers likes to infuse her stories with humor... If this is Ms. Ayers' idea of humor, then I am sad to say it never matured past middle school. Complete
Ashley
Jan 05, 2012 Ashley rated it it was ok
Maybe this book gets better after 32% of my kindle, I have no idea, honestly I had to stop it was so bad. I just got tired of her fawning over his rock hard abs and him over her. There wasn't really sexual tension, it was just pure annoyance and what annoyed me is how dumb she is. I just waited for her to idk figure out why she's so special, Hell, I was trying to figure out why she's so special but I couldn't go on. Which is rare for me, I'll usually will read a bad book to the end...I couldn't ...more
Heather Book Savvy Babe
When I chose to review Demons Like it Hot, I did not realize that it was book 2 in a series. So, it did take me a little bit to catch up as this story correlates to the first book of the series. In the first book, Serah (the heroine of Demons Like it Hot), and her best friend unleashed demons, and unlocked hidden powers. In this installment of the series, Serah has to come to terms with her powers and fend off demons that seek to kill her. Matthias Ambrose, a newly appointed palladian (think ...more
Christi Snow
Dec 03, 2011 Christi Snow rated it it was ok
My Review:
Unfortunately, this was just not a book that I enjoyed. The possibility was there because the story line was good, but there were so many issues that made the book just annoying. The dialogue was cliche. The characters were constantly contradicting and repeating themselves. It was simply a frustrating book to read.

I still have no clue what being a pure blood means and this is the main reason why it's important that Serah stay safe, so I would have thought that, at least, would have be
Redheads Review it Better
Jan 21, 2012 Redheads Review it Better rated it it was amazing
Serah has been suffering a horrible string of bad luck lately and her friends are concerned for her safety. Serah may think she is just a simple human but her friends and Matthias know better. In order for her to stay safe, she must embrace who she really is inside. She just has to believe.

Honest truth...I imagined I was Serah and I had Matthias all to myself. :) He was so desirable (brooding personality and all) I could just eat him up! I think the thing I loved the most about this story was th
Krystal
Feb 08, 2012 Krystal rated it really liked it
I loved this book! It was amazing! Matthais Ambrose is a demon who was put in charge to protect Serah SanGerman. Serah is a caterer who explosions and mysterious things happen to and can't explain them. While in the process of protecting her, she falls in love with him, so does he;he falls in love with her. An evil demon has entered their lives & Matthais and Rafe (Serah's best friend Lucys' boyfriend) go to Hades. They talk to the demon council and get permission to get silver blessed to ...more
Seriously Reviewed
May 18, 2012 Seriously Reviewed rated it it was amazing
Funny, feisty and freaking sex-a-licious!!!!

Ayers has crafted another "leave you weak in the knees" tale filled with demons and other interesting paranormal beings. Not one to leave anything to chance, Ms Ayers has penned a tale that was filled with action.....and ACTION ;) Can't say that I am surprised though. After reading Demons Prefer Blondes I have to say that this one didn't dissappoint. In fact it might be even better :)

Edie
Dec 27, 2011 Edie rated it did not like it
Shelves: just-plain-poor
It was an interesting premise, just really hard to read. It took me over a week to read it, (normally I inhale books the same length within hours)it just didn't flow well. Iffy dialogue, repetition throughout, a lot of rabbiting on without anything really happening, Serah was too much in denial, it was almost tstl, Mattias was a bit of a cardboard cutout.
It is the second book I think, and you definitely notice this, it might have been a bit better if I had read the first one. *shrug*
But I did s
Marilyn
Jan 07, 2012 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
This was a cute, light read. It was fun watching Serah and Matthias try to deny their feelings for each other. It was funny the way she ogled him, since he clearly wasn't the type of man she usually found attractive. The best aspect of the story has to be the humor. I LOVED Mr. Whiskers, a scotch drinking, cigar smoking imp in a cat's body. Wish we could have seen more of him and his Persian goddess.

A great read if you're looking for something light and refreshing.
Tracey
I thought there would be some improvement with the writing style in the second book but there were still words missing or misspelled so it was difficult to read at times. The scenes jumped around a lot without no real flow. And I'm sure characters just appeared in a scene even though they had not been called upon. The storylines had real potential but the books really need a good proofreader!
Rebecca
Dec 19, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it
You can also read this review at Reflections on Reading Romance

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

This is the first book by Sidney Ayers that I’ve read, and it was really cute! It’s a contemporary paranormal romance, which made for a nice break from the historical romances I’ve been reading lately. Demons Like It Hot is the second book in the Demons Unleashed series, and I suggest that you read the first book (Demons Prefer Blondes) before the second, because I was a little lost at times. Still, the humor and
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted at Butterfly-o-Meter Books on Nov 21 2011:

Ahhh, what a gorgeous cover, ain’t it? Gorgeous. But sort of misleading. Here’s why…

From the title and cover, I was expecting a lot of hot action. I shouldn’t have; there was a lot of fun, Serah is a firecracker, and Matthias is so uptight it’s hilarious, but the main elements here is angst, not hot action, and by that I mean one on one, fu~fu. In fact, there’s anything else but one on one going on most of the time. It was a lot tamer t
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
The premises for Demons Like it Hot was appealing and from the blurb sounded like a novel I would enjoy. Unfortunately though, soon after starting to the story I found myself struggling to continue. Hoping the tale would soon pick up and details would slowly be revealed I trudged through but in the end this just wasn’t a story for me.

I didn’t realize that this was the second novel in the series until I began it and quickly recognized that I was missing a large portion of the story and important
Amyra
Apr 03, 2012 Amyra rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
Secondo libro della saga, questa volta i protagonisti saranno Serah, migliore amica di Lucy (protagonista di Demons Prefer Blondes), e niente di meno che Matthias Ambrose, l’assassino che nella storia precedente l’aveva rapita e portata all’inferno.

Serah gestisce un’agenzia di catering e le sue passioni sono due: lo shopping e cucinare. Visto che il suo buon proposito dell’anno è quello di evitare i negozi, decide di candidarsi per il reality show American Chef.

Matthias Ambrose è un demone merce
Larena
Dec 02, 2011 Larena rated it really liked it
Contemporary Paranormal

Serah SanGermano has always just thought of herself as a very successful caterer. At least until her best friend, Lucy and she unleashed some demons from a chest. Now Serah is trying to hide her new abilities and deny that anything is different about herself. Everything in Serah’s life is changing and she isn’t sure if she can keep up with all the changes. Serah wishes she could convince her friends and Matthias that there is nothing special about her that she is just a no
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

The last thing he wanted to do was to be sent back to Earth to protect Serah. After all, she’s the reason he’s in trouble to start with…

This book has demons, angels, imps, succubus, and more. How about a talking cat that drinks scotch and smokes cigars? Yes, it has that, too! With all this magic and mayhem going on at once, it starts out fast and I zoomed through the pages to the end. The bad guys are really, really bad and they have
Bells
Jan 03, 2012 Bells rated it liked it
Serah SanGermano was 1st introduced in book 1 of the series Demons Prefer Blondes and in that book the author hinted that there was much more to her character than what she seems to be. Something's going on with Serah because things seem to heat up when she's around. When I say heat up and I really mean that. She keeps this info to herself and isn't very happy when Matthias Ambrose is assigned to be her bodyguard because Serah is actually pretty important. She just doesn't know it yet and is ...more
Melissa
Sep 22, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Demons Like it Hot
by Sidney Ayers
Matthias is forced to watch over a woman he can’t get out of his mind. Serah isn’t a normal human but she doesn’t understand why strange things are happening around her. Matthias and Serah must find a common ground in order to save the world.

Sidney Ayers writes a story that leaves the reader on the edge of their seat as the characters are thrown into dangerous situations. The characters are more than one dimensional, they have flaws and dreams which can get in t
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
I was tempted by the premise of this paranormal romance novel, it sounded fun, the cover is great and I am happy to give a new series a try. Unfortunately within a few chapters I realised it wasn't going to for me, even though I forced myself to finish the book, determined to give it a chance.
For my tastes there was entirely too much angsty 'I can't/I can; I hate/I love' going on. The heroine was in serious denial about every. single. thing. and there was barely any room for a plot in between t
Gabriella
Nov 01, 2016 Gabriella rated it it was ok
Demons Like It Hot is the second book in the Demons Unleashed series.

I really enjoyed getting to know Serah better. She was only a secondary character in the first book, but she really rocks her own story.

This story is well written and will keep the reader
Donna
This book has a bit of everything for the paranormal romance lovers out there. You have demons (good & bad), imps, succubus, angels, ghosts and goddesses.

Serah is a Pure-blood and the Paladins (good demons) are trying to protect her. She doesn't know what she is but she knows that she just wants to be a normal person. She wants to be a chef and nothing else but she is plagued by demons. The Infernati (bad demons) are determined to get to her and Matthias is going to protect her no matter wh
Tammy
Nov 28, 2011 Tammy rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Instead of having a guardian angel watch over you, she had a guardian demon. She would have all these small klutzy things happen to her or around her and I thought she was just a klutz but really it was some mean demons that were messing with her but she didn't know it at the time. She finds out later that she has powers of her own that she ends up using. My favorite part of the book was about her cat Mr. Whiskers. I was laughing out loud at the part when she came ...more
Anna
May 30, 2012 Anna rated it it was ok
Shelves: review-books
I don't often have a book that I don't finish and in the case of Demons Like It Hot, I'm not sure why but I could not get into the characters, or the campy humor. However, that isn't to say they were bad, just not for me. My recommendation would be that if you like comedic paranormals, like Mary Janice Davidson's Queen Betsey, then this is for you. Don't think this means I've given up on these guys though, I'm betting it's a mood thing and I'll pick this up at a later date. I'll let ya know.
Deanne
Apr 23, 2012 Deanne rated it did not like it
AN ABSOLUTE SNOOZE FEST .........

When I first pick this book up from the shelf at my local public library and read the summary I thought the story will be enticing due to the summary I have just read , but as soon I began I am not even a quarter in to the novel I simply have to drop the book and return it because the way it began was just average , and even if I read it during the day I keep falling asleep due to the monotone dialogues of the characters .
Jennipher
Jan 21, 2014 Jennipher rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book a while ago after participating in a Goodreads giveaway. When I started the book I was a little confused with all the varieties of characters and was thinking I missed out by not reading the first book in the series. After about a third of the book it was able to stand alone and I could appreciate the story for what it was. A quick read with suspence, romance that didn't require in depth concentration whilst reading.
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill
All I could think of without babbling like a dork is:
Some people like soda, some don’t.
Some people like pepsi, some don’t.
Some people like coke. Some don’t.
Some people who like coke do not like pepsi and wont drink it unless they want to drink something that is sort of like coke and is not water.
I like coke, this was pepsi.
Allison Thaemlitz
This book isn't particularly special in my mind. It was a nice story with some cute parts (a whisky drinking, cigar smoking cat with a scottish accent is pretty amusing), but it doesn't stand alone against all the other paranormal romance i've read before. Its a nice book if you're looking for an easy read.
Lacie (Darkangel78)
May 15, 2013 Lacie (Darkangel78) rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-read-2013
I didn't like any of the characters in this one. I felt they were a little too immature and very annoying. I really struggled to get through this and I will probably not be reading anything else by ths arthur.
Hbeebti
Sep 21, 2014 Hbeebti rated it it was ok
This was just ok for me. I was kinda disappointed. I enjoyed Rafe and Lucy and more than Mathias and Serah. I kinda got bored with it, and Serah got on my nerves a lot. They were both so wishy washy it was annoying.
BookJunkie
Feb 11, 2012 BookJunkie rated it liked it
{ Good Reads First Reads Win } I read the first one and I enjoyed it although the second one did not keep my attentions as much.. There were parts I was like oh ok.. But other parts I was like blah about.. I mean it is not an over all bad read just not what I was hoping for..
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • Dylan  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #2)
  • Lord of Fire and Ice
  • That Old Black Magic (Living In Eden, #3)
  • Magic Gone Wild (Bottled Magic #3)
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)
  • How to Worship a Goddess (Forgotten Goddesses, #2)
  • His Dark Bond (Fallen, #2)
  • Thoroughly Kissed (Fates #2)
  • Chase Me (Underbelly Chronicles #2)
  • Water Waltz (Elemental Attraction, #1)
  • First Watch
  • Mark of the Sylph (Demons of Infernum #2)
  • Unscripted
  • Icebound
  • A Clockwork Christmas
  • Rogue's Pawn (Covenant of Thorns, #1)
  • Fire Kissed (Shadow Kissed, #1)
Sidney Ayers loves infusing her stories with humor. What would the world be without a little bit of laughter? She writes a plethora of genres, ranging from historical, to paranormal, to contemporary.

A native of Michigan, Sidney still lives in the same town she grew up in. No matter how hard she tries, she just can’t seem to get away. Michigan is in her blood. Scary thought, huh?
More about Sidney Ayers...

Demons Unleashed (3 books)
  • Demons Prefer Blondes (Demons Unleashed, #1)
  • A Demon to Die for (Demons Unleashed, #3)