Start by marking “Be #1 on Google: 52 Fast and Easy Search Engine Optimization Tools to Drive Customers to Your Web Site” as Want to Read:

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Google Your Way to the Top of Your Industry!

It's great to have a punchy Web site, but if you aren't optimizing your search-engine presence, you're just another company lost in cyberspace.

"With Be #1 on Google," you can instantly put your company in the top spot of relevant online searches--and dramatically increase sales. An international expert in search-engine optimizati
Published September 11th 2009 by McGraw-Hill (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Be #1 on Google, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be #1 on Google

This is probably a good primer for people looking to get started but it's going to get dated quickly (and already is) and is a little remedial for anyone who already has SEO experience.

I stopped reading when the author suggested buying domain names with trademarked names in them, which I found ironic in light of the author's opening statements that you have to be careful of "expert" advice. Indeed.
Alvin Sim
Bite-sized ideas to help readers who are new to SEO, to understand its importance and how to drive traffic to our own websites.
Paul Smoff
very easy to read. lots of points.
Sep 03, 2013 Margot marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
I feel like every year I'm picking up books like this and then setting them aside again, only partially read. Perhaps it's because search engine optimization is just such an ephemeral, always changing topic. And I found books like this just aren't useful for general reading, only if you have a web project you're currently working on, right in front of you as you read.
This book had lots of ideas. It was great for me (who knew almost nothing about SEO). Many of the sites that he recommended were no longer available or no longer free. It also seems like Google is constantly changing so what was important six months ago is no longer important...

Still a really good base to start from.
This book was good, although a little below my saturation point in search engine optimization research. A great book for starting a foray into SEO. It does make an interesting point that google may favor google-related websites, such as blogs on Blogger, sites with AdWords, etc.
Amanda added it
May 05, 2015
Ellen marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Franco marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Daniel added it
Oct 09, 2012
Anh is currently reading it
May 17, 2012
Ben added it
Aug 31, 2011
AmirCat marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2010
The Bloke's Guide To Pregnancy Get Into Bed With Google Essential Reporting: The NCTJ Guide for Trainee Journalists Dominate Your Market With Twitter: Tweet Your Way To Business Success God Speaks! the Flying Spaghetti Monster in His Own Words