Dragon Food (Dragon Training, #1)

Dragon Food (Dragon Training #1)

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Something is hunting along the Gulf coast of Florida, and Mark Tavery is tasked with finding it. His expertise in dragons is his pride, but he can’t say the same about his romantic relationships. When he picks up a lamp during his investigation, he’s shocked at his instant attraction to, and all-consuming need for, the genie inside.

The genie, Luke, enjoying his attraction...more
ebook
Published March 22nd 2011 by Loose Id

Jj Nightsong
1 star: A book with a lot of potential that fell flat due to immature writing.

Cover - typical Loose id, nipples/pecs no faces. Neither attractive nor discouraging.

M/C's - Mark, works as a "field-tist" (scientist in the field) for Searchlight, an organization that seems to hunt/control/monitor paranormal beings. Luke, a genie who lives in a lamp for 20 years at a time. Also, the bad dragon. 3rd person POV alternates between the three of them.

I almost gave up on this several times, but skimmed th...more
Ayanna
Wtf is with this "Mawster" business? The term just looks stupid in text. Eh. Whatever, I suppose.

The "shark's purse"...come on. "Mermaid's purse." Or "Devil's purse." But "shark's purse"? I don't see the reason for the overraction and it doesn't sound as nice.

And dude, these guys have some weird fantasies. I mean, actual conversation? What is this?

The whole Reese thing is so vague and convoluted...it's not the whole problem, but it contributes to how damnably difficult it is to follow what the h...more
Don Bradshaw
I could not get interested in this book at all. I found the characters flat and boring, I even rooted for Benji the bad dragon. Mark is a damaged guy who can't get away from an abusive Dom ex. Luke, a genie, is found by Mark one day while he is diving. The story could have really taken off after the wish rules were laid out but it never did. Even the ending of the book was a bit of a let down.
Autumn Montague
Dragon Food was a fun fantasy read, particularly if you're fond of dragons! I thoroughly enjoyed this unusual take on standard fairy tale fare...genies and dragons falling in love and fighting in the middle of Gulfport, Florida.

Mark Tavery is an expert in dragon-lore for Search Light, a quasi-government agency dedicated to maintaining peace between ordinary humans and the fantasy creatures that live among them. Tasked with hunting a dragon who is killing indiscriminately, Mark finds a genie ins...more
Rachel
It took a while for me to get into the book, but I found the setup and world of dragons/vampires/werewolves/mermaids very interesting, and about a third of the way into the book, things started picking up and I enjoyed the plot. I also liked the characters, although it took a while for me to really get invested in the relationship between Luke and Mark. I like that the genie wasn't your typical genie. Overall, I did enjoy this book and would be interested in reading more in this world of SearchL...more
Brenda (b)
This story peaked my interest and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was enough world-building in the beginning to show how things worked here, but there was also the introduction of the characters to make me want to know more about them too. Mark's past was slowly revealed as Luke learned about it in the storyline, however there were enough hints given to encourage my mind to make preliminary guesses as to what had happened. The ending was what I wanted and left a smile on my face.
Nightcolors
3.5 stars.
Read for m/m team bingo challenge. My short review/impressions.
Leah
truly amazing story, am excited to read book 2 and book 3 in this series! Wondering if there will be more books in this series?
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 10, 2014
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
KateL.
KateL. marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
L
L marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Jordan added it
May 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
From website:

Hi, I’m Emily Rae Carrington. I’ve been writing gay erotic romance since 2004. I currently live in Western New York with my Labrador and her kitten. (The kitten is named for my favorite FBI agent of all time, and once I beg permission from the writer who brought that agent to life, I will post the kitten’s name here.) I attended my first Romance Writers of America conference in 2007,...more
More about Emily Carrington...
Heartwood Dragon Fire  (Dragon Training, #2) Black Mahogany Dragon's Bane (Dragon in Training, #3) Tell Me I'm Home