Start by marking “Dragon Food (Dragon Training, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Food (Dragon Training, #1)

Dragon Food (Dragon Training #1)

3.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Something is hunting along the Gulf coast of Florida, and Mark Tavery is tasked with finding it. His expertise in dragons is his pride, but he can’t say the same about his romantic relationships. When he picks up a lamp during his investigation, he’s shocked at his instant attraction to, and all-consuming need for, the genie inside.

The genie, Luke, enjoying his attraction
ebook
Published March 22nd 2011 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Food

Jj Nightsong
Sep 11, 2011 Jj Nightsong rated it did not like it
1 star: A book with a lot of potential that fell flat due to immature writing.

Cover - typical Loose id, nipples/pecs no faces. Neither attractive nor discouraging.

M/C's - Mark, works as a "field-tist" (scientist in the field) for Searchlight, an organization that seems to hunt/control/monitor paranormal beings. Luke, a genie who lives in a lamp for 20 years at a time. Also, the bad dragon. 3rd person POV alternates between the three of them.

I almost gave up on this several times, but skimmed th
Ayanna
Sep 15, 2013 Ayanna rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Wtf is with this "Mawster" business? The term just looks stupid in text. Eh. Whatever, I suppose.

The "shark's purse"...come on. "Mermaid's purse." Or "Devil's purse." But "shark's purse"? I don't see the reason for the overraction and it doesn't sound as nice.

And dude, these guys have some weird fantasies. I mean, actual conversation? What is this?

The whole Reese thing is so vague and convoluted...it's not the whole problem, but it contributes to how damnably difficult it is to follow what the h
Don Bradshaw
I could not get interested in this book at all. I found the characters flat and boring, I even rooted for Benji the bad dragon. Mark is a damaged guy who can't get away from an abusive Dom ex. Luke, a genie, is found by Mark one day while he is diving. The story could have really taken off after the wish rules were laid out but it never did. Even the ending of the book was a bit of a let down.
Kaylee Shyanne
Sep 18, 2014 Kaylee Shyanne marked it as to-read
I should have read this book before reading Hunter's Claim.

Hunter's Claim is in a different series but takes place in the same world and the characters seem to cross between the two series. The "Mark Tavery case" is mentioned so many times, and events that apparently happen during Dragon Food are referenced constantly.

I hate going out of chronological order when reading, but I need to know the beginning of Luis' and Charlie's relationship as it started in this book. And be properly introduced
Autumn Montague
Nov 10, 2013 Autumn Montague rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbtq-fantasy
Dragon Food was a fun fantasy read, particularly if you're fond of dragons! I thoroughly enjoyed this unusual take on standard fairy tale fare...genies and dragons falling in love and fighting in the middle of Gulfport, Florida.

Mark Tavery is an expert in dragon-lore for Search Light, a quasi-government agency dedicated to maintaining peace between ordinary humans and the fantasy creatures that live among them. Tasked with hunting a dragon who is killing indiscriminately, Mark finds a genie ins
Rachel
May 16, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
It took a while for me to get into the book, but I found the setup and world of dragons/vampires/werewolves/mermaids very interesting, and about a third of the way into the book, things started picking up and I enjoyed the plot. I also liked the characters, although it took a while for me to really get invested in the relationship between Luke and Mark. I like that the genie wasn't your typical genie. Overall, I did enjoy this book and would be interested in reading more in this world of SearchL ...more
Brenda (b)
Apr 13, 2012 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
This story peaked my interest and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was enough world-building in the beginning to show how things worked here, but there was also the introduction of the characters to make me want to know more about them too. Mark's past was slowly revealed as Luke learned about it in the storyline, however there were enough hints given to encourage my mind to make preliminary guesses as to what had happened. The ending was what I wanted and left a smile on my face.
Nightcolors
Feb 02, 2012 Nightcolors rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Read for m/m team bingo challenge. My short review/impressions.
Leah
Feb 16, 2013 Leah rated it really liked it
truly amazing story, am excited to read book 2 and book 3 in this series! Wondering if there will be more books in this series?
Dawn Sister
Dawn Sister marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Susan Laine
Susan Laine marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Susanna Hays
Susanna Hays marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Kizmet
Kizmet marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Sassa
Sassa marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Martha Gilleran
Martha Gilleran marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Christina Enness
Christina Enness marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Aeryn Jaden
Aeryn Jaden marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
May 07, 2015
Maddie
Maddie marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
David
David rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2015
Jody
Jody added it
Jan 01, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it it was ok
Dec 06, 2014
Tammy
Tammy added it
Aug 18, 2014
Priscilla Cabral
Priscilla Cabral rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
From website:

Hi, I’m Emily Rae Carrington. I’ve been writing gay erotic romance since 2004. I currently live in Western New York with my Labrador and her kitten. (The kitten is named for my favorite FBI agent of all time, and once I beg permission from the writer who brought that agent to life, I will post the kitten’s name here.) I attended my first Romance Writers of America conference in 2007,
More about Emily Carrington...

Dragon Training (3 books)
  • Dragon Fire  (Dragon Training, #2)
  • Dragon's Bane (Dragon in Training, #3)