Start by marking “Vision” as Want to Read:
Vision

Vision (Vision #1)

Vision was published independently and is now out of print. The author has rewritten the book and awaiting publication.
Paperback, Second Edition, 228 pages
Published August 31st 2011

To ask other readers questions about Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vision

Beth
Mar 28, 2011 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
VISION is no longer published and will be rewritten/rereleased as one book. This was a personal and professional decision after many trials and tribulations. More to come.
Stacy Eaton
Oct 14, 2011 Stacy Eaton rated it it was amazing
It has been a while since I read a Young Adult novel for the simple reason, I got tired of seeing a whiny female worried about how wrong her life is and how she can't do anything that she wants.

Well... I finally found one that was NOT like that. Layla is a strong, intelligent girl who gets the opportunity to go to school abroad. It was fun watching her acclimate to her new place, and to the new friends. Of course seeing the huge crush she had on Stuart was fun too!

The plot of this story was sm
David
Nov 02, 2011 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one whom like the world of the witches
Recommended to David by: GoodReads Firstreads
A good reads first reads by an author who seems to have a great talent to make the mind work, Beth Elisa Harris.....

Okay I honestly was not going to read the book at first as I had not read the summary { a mistake I do often for the reason I like to get the story fresh from my mind not the others who have read it}. The reason I was not going to read it is I thought it was going to be religious, I could not have been more wrong.

The Book Vision is an incredible page turner from the first page....
A
Sean Cronin
Sep 08, 2011 Sean Cronin rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yes
"Vision" - Young Adult - gets five of five starts because it reminded me of what a teenage crush feels like. It's been many years since I was a teenager. But Harris' writing took me back.
I'm a male and Layla Stone, the protagonist is a sixteen year old girl. Still it seems there is some similarity between the genders. Maybe Harris has captured a small,lovely human truth.
Here's Layla upon meeting the "gorgeous" and somewhat mysterious seventeen year old, Stuart. (I was)
"dizzy with discomfort, e
Courtney Wyant
May 17, 2011 Courtney Wyant rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, ebooks
I really enjoyed this read and am even more happy because I won it from this Author through a contest.. It was worth FREE.... I would have even bought it I would recommend it to anyone. It took me so long to read me because I lost my nook but i found it today and finished it on my way to Natchez.
Katelyn (Tales of Books and Bands)

It is so hard to describe this wonderful story! I could call it a beautiful romance, a mystery, and at some parts I could even call Vision a paranormal novel, regardless of my issues to place this novel, there is one important thing you should know and that would be that this story is great! With a cast of wonderful, intersting characters, a sense of mystery and paranormalcy throughout, and one hot, beautiful romance, how could you not love this story?

The story starts off with the main character
Ellen
I absolutely fell in love with this book. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the blurb, but Vision was absolutely enchanting. Layla is a teenager who goes to Cambridge as part of an exchange program to attend school there. She is very mature, far beyond her years, and very independent. She adores her dad, but her mom, Liz, has always been rather distant and a workaholic. To top it off, Layla also has a big secret, she can read people's minds. Upon arriving in Cambridge, Layla and Sienna ...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
May 15, 2011 Savannah (Books With Bite) rated it really liked it
One thing that grab me about this book is the setting. Now while the setting was now, some went back to the past. I love time travel. And I guess I love it so much because I wish I can do it myself. I loved to be immersed in a book where I can feel the past and the characters.

The plot was also great. Not only did it entertain me all the way through, but it brought so much more to the story. The way the past was intertwined with the future really pulled me into the book. I enjoyed watching both
Rachelle Ayala
Feb 25, 2012 Rachelle Ayala rated it it was amazing
Layla is every bit a 21st century girl, or so she thought. Okay, so she gets these vivid nightmares, and excruciating headaches, and has some ability to read minds. But nothing out of the ordinary, right?

Layla receives a cryptic message and heads to England as an exchange student and immediately becomes the object of contention between two magnetic and handsome men. Her life as an exchange student, worried about labs and tests, quickly turns to the surreal when she visits a remote island off the
Shari
Jun 08, 2011 Shari rated it really liked it
Love... it surpasses all obstacles... even time itself.

This is a beautifully written story of love, blended perfectly with paranormal abilities, legend and history.

When I read the description of this book, I thought "interesting"... it piqued my curiosity. From the first line I was captivated by the vivid imagery and powerful emotion, and by the end of the prologue I was already deeply immersed into the story and found myself picking up the book all day just to see what happened next.

I love w
Julie(Reading By The Beach)
Vision is an easy book to get lost in! It was a well developed story that I devoured in one day! The author has impeccable skills when it comes to wording, I kept finding myself smiling at the way she chose to describe things. For example: "the mixed signals he had sent ricocheted between my left and right brain like a ping-pong match", "The atmosphere was a schizophrenic mix of stillness and intense vibration", "The aristocratic Shakespearean theatrical inflexions dripped with subtle sarcasm". ...more
Amy Manemann
Mar 01, 2012 Amy Manemann rated it it was amazing
Author Beth Elisa Harris spins a fantastic tale with her YA story, Vision. It truly touched my heart to read the story that unfolded around Stuart and Layla and it was easy to see and 'feel' the love and passion the two felt for one another through the crafty writing of the author. An excellent first book of the series, I look forward to more!
Donnamw
Jul 06, 2011 Donnamw rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book - took a couple of chapters for me to get into it but then I found it really hard to put down! I loved the characters, the plot and now I can't wait for the sequel :)
Emily Miller
Sep 07, 2011 Emily Miller rated it really liked it
Nice quick read. Interesting storyline and love Stuart and Layla. Wish the first book was longer but looking forward to reading the second book!
Jagged
Emily
Jun 28, 2011 Emily rated it liked it
Tia Bach
May 25, 2012 Tia Bach rated it really liked it
Layla can hear what people are thinking. As if that’s not enough, she’s also having intense dreams about a woman dying. Little does she know that the woman in her dreams is a part of her. As she begins to discover who and what she is, she realizes the people around her know more than they are letting on. Layla is a Clear.

Enter Stuart and Andre. She’s attracted to Stuart right away, but accepts a date from Andre. Too bad Andre’s father, Jasper, is the head of the Bane. Jasper wants a Clear, and t
Sheree
Jan 19, 2012 Sheree is currently reading it
So far I am about half way through the book and it is just annoying me!! This would probably be because I live very close to Cambridge. She seems to think that London is just down the road when it actually is about a 2 hour drive. And when she first mentioned her going to Scotland she said for a day trip?! Yeah. I don't think so. Would take the majority of the day to get there!!! Another part that I don't quite understand is how in the letter it mentions how her first child will never be born, b ...more
Jancy
Apr 02, 2012 Jancy rated it really liked it
Shelves: vision
R.S. Guthrie
Jan 17, 2012 R.S. Guthrie rated it it was amazing
Surely you've heard the saying. A singer is so good she could sing the phone book and you'd want to listen? Well for me Beth Elisa Harris is this kind of writer. I am 47 years old (yes, I admitted it)--the "YA" category is not one from which I normally buy the books I read. After reading the sample to this book, however, I was intrigued. Harris writes with a quiet authority that makes me want to keep reading her--one of those authors whose very prose is what makes you love them. Combine this wit ...more
Gina's Library
Apr 10, 2012 Gina's Library rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
I read this book for World Literary Cafe.

There are many books out there in the paranormal genre. This one is very unique. I loved it. The story flowed beautifully and you really wanted to know what happens next. I felt invested in the story emotionally.

This was the first book in the trilogy. The next book is due out in May titled Soul Herder. I personally can't wait to read it.

If you are a romantically inclined person you would see that soul mates really exsist and true love never really dies.

La
Emerald Barnes
Oct 29, 2011 Emerald Barnes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author Beth Elisa Harris draws us into a world you will not want to escape with her first book, Vision, in the Vision Trilogy. You'll immediately be drawn in by the main character and her difference. She can hear others' thoughts. Ms. Harris takes this idea and adds in details you don't see in other stories. It's fresh and new. It's a story you can have fun reading and will be sad when you set it down. And you will eagerly await the release of the second book to see how this plays out when you f ...more
Lou
Jul 12, 2011 Lou rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I disclose that I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Novels aimed at young adults have not recently been captivating me as much as they used to. However, this book seems to be an exception. I really enjoyed it, and found myself immersed in finding out more about Layla, as the story continued. I would definitely give more books in this series a read.
Ashley Mayer
May 23, 2011 Ashley Mayer rated it liked it
I really enjoyed Vision by Beth Elisa Harris. The concept was original, and I felt like I could really connect with the main characters. I did think the ending happened quickly though. It felt like there should have been more to it. I realize the book was set up as a series, but I don't know it seemed rushed at the end. I did like the book though, and I will read what's next.
Richard
Aug 07, 2012 Richard rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
I won this book through the Goodreads Giveaway program.

Very refreshing read!
I was really pleased with how well this was written and with how engaging and unique the story is. Great book. Would recommend to anyone!!
Barbara
Aug 29, 2011 Barbara rated it did not like it
This is the first self-published book I've read, and I can't say I'm impressed. Spelling, punctuation, and tense errors are bad enough, but a PATTERN of the same error means the author doesn't know the difference.
David Richardson
Jun 28, 2012 David Richardson marked it as to-read
Not quite sure what happened here. The Email from Goodreads said I had won a copy of this book. The book I received was "Soul Herder" (ISBN 978-1475075021) which is book 2 in the series. I have read that book and will post a review for it.
Tracy
Dec 31, 2011 Tracy rated it really liked it
I liked this book. The ending was shall we say a huge cliff hanger. I will be looking for the next one
zeliz
zeliz rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Loonie
Loonie rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Moonbeams  (Beams and Light, #1)
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal
  • Hurricane (Hurricane #1)
  • Spiritus (Spiritus Series, #1)
  • Amber Passion (The Enchanters, #3)
  • The Hero Chronicles: A Complete Collection
  • The Other Side
  • Red Smoke Rising
  • Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)
  • The Healer's Legacy
  • Mercenary (Little Death Bringer, #1)
  • Dark Tomorrows
  • (S)MYTHOLOGY
  • Happy Birthday to You (Birthday Trilogy, #3)
  • The Immortality Virus
  • Spirit Storm (Spirit Guide, #2)
  • Stay (Callie Rose #1)