Start by marking “Murdered (KindleSingle)” as Want to Read:
Murdered (KindleSingle)
Preview

Murdered (KindleSingle)

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  399 ratings  ·  30 reviews
LA Police Officer Stephanie Lazarus became the center of national attention in a sensational trial in Los Angeles in March 2012 as the accused murderer of Sherri Rasmussen, her ex-lover's new wife of only three months. What had once seemed unthinkable, had suddenly become a reality. Nels Rasmussen, the victim's father, had, some twenty years prior, pleaded with LAPD to tak ...more
Published May 14th 2011 by RosettaBooks (first published March 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Murdered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murdered

Nenette
A good condensed form of a true crime story. The lesson I learned though is not related to the story at all: The next time I think of buying a Kindle Single, I should first check out the story in the web where I could read it for free.
Mia Michalek
Fast read

the story was short and to the point. I enjoyed following the case and finally seeing justice prevailed. I want to learn more about the case now!
Ethan R.
Oct 23, 2012 Ethan R. rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Ethan by: Ava Reed
Shelves: 1st-semester
Murdered
Paul Alexander
Nonfiction
Loc 589 (no pages)

In the book Murdered Sherri Rea Russeman is brutally murdered. She is bitten in the forearm and is sot in the gut after 20 minutes of fighting she is finally hit in the head with a vase and then shot in the heart twice. Her car is stolen but that is it. It takes the police 12, 12 YEARS to find who did third horrible deed. There was saliva, fingerprints, and blood from the murderer. How did they not catch the horrible person....?

I think when Sher
andrea
Andrea

Andrea

great quick read..such a sad injustice...finally put to rest after 26 long years..I hope she is tortured with this memory till HER dying days.Bless the cold case detective who brought this family justice that was much too long time coming.
Bree
A quick read. I downloaded the kindle edition and it took about 20 minutes to read it. I liked the straightforwardness of the facts. I was hooked from the beginning and it reminded me of those 48 hour/investigation type shows..at least I read in that voice.
Carol
True crime, police cover- ups to protect one of their own, cold case files... A grieving family waits years for justice. A very short, informative read.
Cory
Compact true crime story.
Sherri Smith
Short, bit a remarkably sad true story.
Donna
This is a story about the deliberate, brutal murder of a young woman decades ago. What's important about it is who the killer is and why the crime went unsolved and unavenged until the present day. All citizens of a free society should know this story and question whether it could happen where they live.

The fact that it's a Kindle single, very short and very affordable, should make it easy for many to read and reflect on this horrific crime and the miscarriage of justice it represents.
Blkvelvet
OMGoodness! police corruption at it's finest. This is a true crime story about a love affair that ends up in death of a beautiful young woman.

The author does a fine job and condensing all of the details of this case into one fabulous short.

One thing I learned from reading this piece is that the BIG BLUE WALL is strong. One can only wonder how many other cover-ups there have been.

May Sherrie R.I.P. knowing justice has been served.
Michelle Fields
I actually saw this on 48hrs mystery or whatever that show is called and decided to read the short book. I love true crime...I guess that's the voyeur in me. It just amazes me sometimes as to how people truly believe they are above the law...even those that are employed to uphold the law. It is a travesty how the LAPD covered this up to protect one of their own. We are talking about murder.
Lynda Kelly
I felt totally cheated as I paid for this and it was nothing more than a long article !!
It WAS interesting but I had assumed I was buying a book so that overrrode anything else for me.
Amazing what a poor job the LAPD did with this case especially when the victim's father suggested the perpetrator the day following yet it took 24 years for justice to be finally served !!
Katie
I started this book today and finished it today; an extremely fast & interesting read. All I can say is WOW!! 23-years after Sherrie was murdered, her case is finally solved by a fantastic GOOD cop!! This guy should get major props. The events that take place, especially later in the book, is what causes you to say WOW... out of disbelief.
Alicia Delvaux steindam
A quick, shallow read. This is like an episode of a crime show, and while it adequately told the story of a murder and a murder's resolution, including conviction of the killer, and I enjoyed it, I still had a some questions. I wanted to get deeper into the "why" of the whole thing, and this book basically laid out the "how" and then was over.
Lisa Yarborough
Great read......!!!!!!!!

From start to finish! Great read. Couldn't put it down.....!!!! Makes you think about those around you...what are they really thinking ?

ZA
Compelling and shocking story of police incompetence and cover-up. Told very matter-of-factly. Poor book formatting with a couple of pages missing and hanging paragraphs. Still, the story is good - a tale of murder, passion and corruption of ethics.
Tracee
This was a good true story. It was interesting, and well written. I was a little disappointed with how short it was, but still glad that I read it.
Robin
Quick read. Unfortunate policies of that era within the lapd caused a delay in closure for the family. I see a lifetime movie being made from it.
Petra Willemse
Way too short. Nothing new that couldn't be gleaned from a cursory glance at newspaper articles about the case. It leaves many unanswered questions.
Elizabeth Horton-Newton
An interesting insight into the Big Blue Wall in the LAPD under Darryl Gates. An easy read and a good quickie for true crime readers.
Kathy
I enjoyed the story and beings it was a "short" story on my kindle, I read it in a couple of hours. Good mystery, held my interest.
Kim

Probably one of the worst books I've read... Very short and wasn't very informative.. Not something I would recommend to someone
Dierdra Byrd
I love true crime books but this one had the very minimum detail and no ending so it was a very disappointing read.
Shana
I enjoy police mystery type stories. I really enjoy reading about cold cases that have been solved. This was good.
Karen
This is a short article on one particular homicide case. The article is fine, but nothing special.
Heidi
It was like watching one of those TV crime shows without having to actually watch TV.
Linda
Apr 02, 2013 Linda added it
Shelves: mystery
True crime---one of my favorite genres.
Roy
A good short story
  • The World's Most Bizarre Murders: True Stories That Will Shock and Amaze You
  • Cruel Death
  • A Chunk of Hell
  • The Fearless Mrs. Goodwin
  • Shattered
  • The Confessions of an American Black Widow: A True Story of Greed, Lust and a Murderous Wife
  • Aftershock: The Blast That Shook Psycho Platoon (Kindle Single)
  • Fatal: The Poisonous Life of a Female Serial Killer
  • One Deadly Night
  • True Stories of Crime from the District Attorney's Office
  • Buried Memories
  • Tuned In to Love
  • The Second Ward
  • In Broad Daylight
  • The Mammoth Book of Bizarre Crimes
  • Hydrofracked? One Man's Mystery Leads to a Backlash Against Natural Gas Drilling
  • Red Zone: The Behind-the-Scenes Story of the San Francisco Dog Mauling
Besides the bestselling Kindle Singles Murdered, Accused, and Homicidal, Paul Alexander has published eight previous books of nonfiction: Ariel Ascending: Writings About Sylvia Plath; Rough Magic, a biography of Plath; Boulevard of Broken Dreams: The Life, Times, and Legend of James Dean, the bestseller that has been published in 10 countries; Death and Disaster: The Rise of the Warhol Empire and ...more
More about Paul Alexander...
Rough Magic: A Biography of Sylvia Plath Boulevard of Broken Dreams: The Life, Times and Legend of James Dean Homicidal Salinger: A Biography Accused (Kindle Single)