Start by marking “Initiation (Canterwood Crest, #13)” as Want to Read:
Initiation (Canterwood Crest, #13)

Initiation (Canterwood Crest #13)

It's time: The new girls are taking the spotlight at Canterwood Crest!

Lauren has moved around enough to have the "new girl" code down:
1. Lay low.
2. But not too low.
3. Don't amubush the in crowd.

But Canterwood isn't just any school. And Lauren is about to face an initiation unlike any she's ever encountered. Bon chance, Lauren--you're going to need it!
Published January 3rd 2012 by Aladdin (first published October 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Initiation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Initiation

Lexie
Aug 29, 2015 Lexie rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: 9-13 year olds
Recommended to Lexie by: my friend
Shelves: summer-reading
*sigh* It's great that the book series continues, but I would have liked to have more on Sasha. At least the author could have put a chapter with Sasha's point of view in it. I miss Sasha and her drama.....
Hannah
Jan 10, 2015 Hannah rated it really liked it
Recommended to Hannah by: nobody
its pretty good so far.Its interesting to read about Lauren.
02AmandaL
Feb 20, 2012 02AmandaL rated it really liked it
Lauren Towers is a 7th grader at the Canterwood Crest Academy. She is very shy and is afraid of anyone knowing her secret past. When she meets her room mate, they instantly become best friends along with Lexa. But there is one problem and her name is Riley. She is the queen been, best of the best, and cocky. She is trying to freak out Lauren because she is testing out to see which riding class she will be put in. There are 15 riders trying out and only 1 seat in the intermediate. She tests out a ...more
Emily M.
Initiation By Jessica Burkhart
Realistic Fiction
299 pages

Lauren Towers is going to be the new girl, again. She is finally moving to Canterwood Crest after a long summer. She is super excited, scared, and nervous. She hasn’t met her roommate yet but only emailed. When Lauren gets to the school, everything is going great. Her roommate walks in and scares Lauren so bad with her acting skills. Luckily, the two get along great after that. Finally, the first day of school comes. Lauren tried to; 1.Lay
Sarah H
Jan 02, 2012 Sarah H rated it it was amazing
I thought this was an amazing sequal to the first book in the series. If you liked Chosen you have to read this one! Lauren is back and ready to tackle Canterwood. She has an awesome roomate and loves having Whisper around. She has survived her first week (and so far no one as reconized her from her past) to celebrate her and her roomate have a sleepover. Everything is going great! They wake up and go to the lounge to eat breakfast. Since they were all riders the decided to watch riding videos L ...more
Treasure
Jan 24, 2013 Treasure rated it it was amazing
There are a new crop of girls at Canterwood Crest Academy, and fans of the first series will eagerly pick up this first book in the new series. There is enough information for new readers to also be able to start with this character, Lauren, rather than the original, Sasha. Readers who enjoy immersing themselves in characters with privileged surroundings will love all the product name dropping and fashion tips, though others may be turned off by the lack of diversity. Horse lovers will of course ...more
Selten Kaninchen
Sep 06, 2016 Selten Kaninchen rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh, re-read-in-2016
To be honest, Lauren Towers is kind of a let-down for me. I would have preferred the series continue with Sasha as the main character, because she was really relatable and fun. "LT" is almost a copy of Sasha, with slight twists in her backstory that make her a little different, but not in a super intriguing way to me. Plus, I feel like this second series focusing on Lauren is more boy-centered than horse-centered, which was another big let-down. But an OK book overall, I guess.
Another disappoint
Jan-Rose
Oct 07, 2015 Jan-Rose rated it really liked it
Kris
May 03, 2012 Kris rated it really liked it
Recommended for gr. 5-9, especially for the horse-loving girls. Although part of a series, this book stands alone quite well. Some brand-name dropping felt a little out of place.

Lauren is starting as a new student at Canterwood Crest, an exclusive boarding school with a riding program. She is trying to start fresh after a riding accident, and hasn't told anyone about her past. She fits right in with her new roommate and friends, and meets some cute boys, but of course there is one mean girl tryi
Livia
Jun 18, 2013 Livia rated it really liked it
Lauren Towers has arrived at Canterwood Crest, made new friends and started the seventh grade school year. As always there is drama and for Lauren it comes in the form of trying out for the intermediate riding team, the glee club and keeping the secret that could destroy her new found joy.

INITIATION is a wonderful addition to this series. As with most Canterwood Crest novels the stories continue on so don't expect a neat tidy ending to this one and anticipate learning more in Book 14, POPULAR.
Rebecca
Dec 28, 2013 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: own, read-in-2013
The Canterwood Crest books are books I've been reading since I was in Junior High, and I refuse to give them up. Granted, they are a bit cheesy and filled with pointless drama, but I still can't help but adore them.
Sophia Smithstanza
Jan 30, 2013 Sophia Smithstanza rated it liked it
I thought this book did not have a lot pf action.The end was terrible and I did not understand the book very much. The author style is the kind i do not like because she says the thought and it does not make very much sense.
Arwen
Sep 06, 2013 Arwen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 3-8th grade girls
Recommended to Arwen by: Me
This Canterwood book is awesome, the series is better when you read the whole series so far because you understand better than just guessing! The book is awesome. Wouldn't be a ideal class read aloud book, boys and some girls wouldnt enjoy
Mehsi
4.5 stars. Really fun book about horses, boarding schools and with great characters! I will be sure to get all the other books in this series. :D
Meghan
typical teenage horse-girl fluff, really heavy on the name brand dropping. Still enjoyable as a skimmed book. I keep telling my husband that I'm using these as "research" for my novel. hehehehe.
Emma
Jan 16, 2012 Emma rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! Lauren seemed a little too happy-go-lucky though, because a lot of things went right for her. It was a good book though!
Melanie Walenda
Melanie Walenda rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Yaz
Yaz rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Kusanar
Kusanar rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2011
Nichole Hack
Nichole Hack rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2012
Skylar
Skylar rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Abigail S.
Abigail S. rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2016
Hayley Mitchell
Hayley Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Christy
Christy rated it did not like it
Sep 09, 2012
Alli Suttle
Alli Suttle rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2015
Celeste
Celeste rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2017
Samantha Ward
Samantha Ward rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2013
Maela_s
Maela_s rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2016
Paulette
Paulette rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2012
  • Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • Black Cloud (Horse Diaries, #8)
  • Tennessee Rose (Horse Diaries, #9)
  • The Missing Pony Pal (Pony Pals, #16)
  • Horses For Dummies
  • The New Class (Chestnut Hill, #1)
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
  • A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #2)
  • Allergic to the Great Wall, the Forbidden Palace, and Other Tourist Attractions (Alvin Ho, #6)
  • Catch Rider
  • Chicken Soup For The Horse Lover's Soul: Inspirational Stories About Horses and the People Who Love Them
  • Shadow Over San Mateo (Golden Filly, #6)
  • The Outside of a Horse
  • Sleeping Beauty Dreams Big (Grimmtastic Girls, #5)
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1)
  • Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2)
  • Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)
  • Triple Fault (Canterwood Crest #4)
  • Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)
  • Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)
  • Rival Revenge (Canterwood Crest, #7)
  • Home Sweet Drama (Canterwood Crest, #8)
  • City Secrets (Canterwood Crest, #9)
  • Elite Ambition (Canterwood Crest, #10)