Start by marking “The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)

The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  10,466 ratings  ·  1,111 reviews
Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.

During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, th
Published February 26th 2013 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Goddess Inheritance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goddess Inheritance

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
29th out of 1,501 books — 10,347 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
51st out of 2,466 books — 12,488 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily (Book Jems)
April of 2013?

Okay, so it's been bumped up to February, but still! February of 2013? After that ending? You have to be kidding me.

ETA:

As seen on Ed and Em's Reviews!

This review has spoilers from the first two novels in this series. Read at your own risk.

The Goddess Inheritance was one of my most anticipated reads for 2013. I was sure after how much I enjoyed book two, Goddess Interrupted, that it would instantly become one of my favorites. Sadly, all it did was disappoint me.

The Goddess Test ser
Stacey
Ugh that cliffhanger on book 2 was crazy! I want this book NOW!!!
Gina
Woah woah woah..EXCUSE ME miss Aimee, but you should have warned me that you were ending your second book with a cliffhanger and that there's a 3rd book BEFORE i went out and read goddess interruppted... I could've held off on the second book but NOOO! You had to let me read it and now make me wait?!! No please dont! What if the world really ends in 2012 or a zombie apocalypse occurs!! Zombies dont read!! If i cant read your book and im a zombie, im going after you first miss aimee!! :'((
Ina
WHO? WHAT? WHEN? WHERE? WHY? HOW? HOW. CAN. YOU. LEAVE. US. AFTER. A. GIGANTIC. HUMONGOUS. CLIFFHANGER?!

I NEED THIS BOOK NOW. I. DEMAND. IT. >:O

Lmaoo. I really need this book. I can't wait another year for it...

Dear Ms. Carter,
How could you leave that big of a hang and just walk away? Leaving us readers, DYING for what is going to happen?!?!?!?!?!

Thank you for the wonderful story you have given us. PLEASE PUBLISH THE BOOK FASTER!!
Sincerely, Your fans.
Chelsie Hinds
I'm disappointed. I don't even have the will to explain why I've rated this book so low. It just didn't turn out at all like I wanted it too. I think Carter really wanted to focus more on Kate in this book, as opposed to making the entire book about Henry and Kate, which sounds interesting in theory but, at least for Aimee Carter, is not so in practice. Turns out, ironically, that a book primarily about Kate's choices and inward battles is about as interesting and well-written as a 10-year old's ...more
Cyna
Oh my god that summary. That summary is so fucking far from accurate I can't even. WARNING: this is going to be long and angry and full of unmarked spoilers.

Oh my god, I thought I was done being angry about this book. Seriously, like once I hit that last stretch and the ending clusterfuck began and it became abundantly clear that not one significant thing was going to change, I just pfft, stopped caring. Like,

The last fuck

I realized that all this time, I'd been waiting for this book to be more. I'd thought C
Rue~alwaysa1directioner~
WTF!!!! How can she end the book with such a cliff-hanger and make us wait half a YEAR for it??? This is torture. Seriously, I would rather be killed by Cronus than suffer this torture.
Ashley
The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

BookNook — Young Adult book reviews

In my review of Goddess Interrupted I complained about the lack of action. Well, folks, The Goddess Inheritance totally makes up for that! This book was full of action, twists, turns, love, hate, revenge, heartbreak, and everything else in the world! Aimée Carter rocked my world with this book!

I almost don't know where to begin... I enjoyed the first two books in the Goddess Test series, but I ADORED this one. The Goddess Inheritance is the perfect conclusio
If it ain't good I don't read it !
There should state somewhere in the law that authors can not publish a book Intill there done the hole series cause I mean come on there they are amazing writers who right the epicist books then finish it with an awsame cliffhanger then the next book is release date is like a year away. ITS PURE TORTURE I TELL YOU TORTURE !!!!!

Farrah
GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

I need this book now! That cliffhanger at the end of book two was earth-shattering. Ugh, I can't wait to get my hands on this book.

EDIT:
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

So much occurred in The Goddess Inheritance that I'm still digesting everything, 2 days after reading the book. I'm still a little speechless, but I can say that this book was a wonderful end to a lovely series.

I had one issue with this book, so I'm going to get i
Nemo (the Moonlight Library)
See this review and more on The Moonlight Library!

Sadly, after three novels and two novellas, I still do not have a firm grasp on Carter’s concept of immortality.

Immortality, in this world, seems to mean a person who cannot feel pain, does not need to breathe, will only cease to exist if humans stop believing in them, yet can die of blood loss (Theo) or having their skulls bashed in (Aphrodite). Some of them can be returned from the Underworld, and some can not. It depends on the plot. When in t
Suzanne
Spoilers for previous books

I read the first two books in this series last year, and I really enjoyed them. Unlike some readers, who couldn't take to Henry, I did, and I was really rooting for him and Kate as a couple.

The ending of Goddess Interrupted, which ends on a cliffhanger when we find out that Kate is pregnant and being betrayed to Cronus and Calliope by Ava, who she thought was her best friend, left me reeling and I was really looking forward to picking up The Goddess Inheritance.

Kate i
Howdy YAL
Really 1.5 stars but I'm in a particularly foul mood today so I'm rounding it down rather than up.

To see full review click here.

So, you want to see how Kim Kardashian is going to be as a mother? Well, read The Goddess Inheritance. Actually, Kim will probably be a better mother than Kate she'll at least hire a nanny and won't, you know, abandon her baby to stay with her evil kidnappers throughout most of....you know what, let's talk about the book.

I was not enthralled this piece of shit at all.

Y
Zoe
Jul 19, 2012 Zoe marked it as to-read
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLIFF HANGER!

I DEMAND THE 3RD BOOK AND UM WHAT ITS THE LAST WHY HOW WHAT!
2013 april I WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to hear from henrys perspective like on how he sees kate and his sitch whats the kid gonna be like i wonder and i sooooo hope that wasnt forshadowing when he says he would save his family even if it caust him his life!

OMG I CANT WAIT!!!!
HENRY AND KATE FOREVER!!!!!!!
Winnie
Dec 09, 2012 Winnie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013, arc
I need this book NOW! NOT March 2013.

Goddess Inheritance, the last book in the Goddess Test Series like all the other previous books is an emotional roller costar, but this conclusion rankled! Secrets were spilled, a new beginning is promised and death isn’t far from the Horizon. BUT fOR WHOM?

It was worth the wait! Kate and Henry’s struggles just might have come to an end… although Happily ever after? HUH!
I can give too much away, but lets just say I was beguiled and ended up muttering, “fucki
Elena
Sep 04, 2012 Elena marked it as to-read
I th-th-think....
this cover is *___________________________*

And this cover.

And this.

Nymeria
A beautiful conclusion to what has officially become one of my favorite series. I was literally devastated by the last pages of Goddess Interrupted, with its cliffhanger that had left me in crisis for days. But all the pain caused by the distance from the third and final book release has been well rewarded. I have not been at all disappointed by "The Goddess Inheritance" which indeed proved to be the best of all three books of the series of Goddess Test.

I loved Kate, although she has always been
Meredith Black
really good book. did not completely captivate me like the others, however. good conclusion.

---------------------
previous review:

I. want. it. now.

What the heck - she ends with SUCH. A. FREAKING. CLIFF. HANGER.

This next year will be pure torture.
Summer {is puntastic}
Going into the Goddess Inheritance, I had VERY high standards. I absolutely loved Goddess Interrupted, and I feel like my opinion on this book completely differs from that of the second installment.

I was totally emotionless throughout the course of the novel. With all that drama the author put into the story, you'd expect me to be at least somewhat affected. But no. This was my face the entirety of the book:

description

As a final book, there is so much pressure on the author to create a fantastic conclusion
Lexi Hoefer
Will read this book if it is the last thing I do.
feli
Feb 28, 2013 feli rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All of you who loves Myth and Hades
UPDATE: 28/02/13

Oh God. This book is really something. I can't say that it's the best that I've read this year, but I don't even know why I just can't drop this book down and stop reading until I am finished. Seriously, I don't know. Ok..... I finished it like in, 2 days? that's the fastest this year.

This should've been tiring for me. Most of, no, the whole book is about war between the Titans and the Olympians. But maybe it's because of my interest in greek mythology that I seem to be attached
Michela Walters
I was so excited to receive an ARC of The Goddess Inheritance, only to feel a bit let down by the end of it all.

I really, really wanted to love this book, but by the end I grew to pretty much dislike Kate by the end. What I originally loved about The Goddess Test was how strong, intelligent and compassionate Kate was in that book. In this one, it’s like her character did a complete 180, turning into a blubbering wishy-washy character who stopped listening to those around her, instead choosing to
Marie
Wow-oh-wow. I did not see hardly any of this coming, what a way to end an amazing series. With each book things just got better, never once did this author disappoint and the anticipation for every book was thrilling. Think I'm in shock with the turn of events and the mind-blowing ending. This book is so worth the wait to say the very least!

Kate has always been passionate hasn't she? And very merciful and forgiving? Well she's totally hardened and kick-ass in this book.
Want to know what she na
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads
The publisher kindly let me review this book. No compensation was given to alter this review. Thank you!

The Goddess Inheritance is the final instalment to Aimee Carter's mythology trilogy. I am a Greek Mythology need so I set the expectations uber high. While I enjoyed the book, I wasn't really emotionally attached or sad to see the series leave. In fact, I may have been a little relieved. An appeasing yet maddening conclusion that we have all been anticip
Beth
Horrendous! Awful! Terrifying! Is it May yet? I ask that because Meg Cabot is releasing the next book in her Abandon series which features her version of Hades/Persephone. Or how about Josephine Angelini's Starcrossed series? Anything is better than this series! My goodness, I enjoyed the first book Goddess Interrupted even though I was underwhelmed and not impressed, I figure that the relationship between Henry and Kate would move forward...but alas!!!

Here is what drove me absolutely bonkers ab
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
You all know how much of a fan I am of this series. Both The Goddess Test & Goddess Interrupted I rated 5 stars because I thought they were fantastic but now, here I am rating the third and final book; The Goddess Inheritance, only 3 stars. What is going on? I honestly don’t know but I do know that I just didn’t enjoy it as much as the previous books….and here’s why.

After the huge cliff-hanger in The Goddess Interrupted, nine months has passed and Kate is being held captive by Cronus – unbe
Camille ღ
Apr 30, 2012 Camille ღ marked it as to-read
I can't believe I have to wait for another year to read this book!!! The cliffhanger at the last part is making me crazy! I WANT THIS BOOK NOW!!! Gosh. This is making me crazy. :|
~Tina~
After the mean lady *cough-Carter-cough* gave us that cruel hair-pulling cliffy at the end of Goddess Interrupted, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the last book of this much loved and devoured series!

It's been nine months since Calliope kidnapped Kate and took her to the King of the Titans, Cronus.
Calliope wants revenge, wants Henry and wants to raise Kate's baby as her own.
Cronus has taken a special liking to Kate and wants her to rule beside him as he ultimately destroys the world.
Kate h
Melly
My love for The Goddess Test series runs deep, you guys. Like, I want to knit it a little sweater and put it in my pocket. It saddens me greatly that it’s over (for now?). Kate and Henry, along with all of the other gods and goddesses, have pierced my heart. James and Ava brought smiles to my face repeatedly. Henry, with all his sexy broodiness and completely swoony words, will forever be one of my favorites. That man, *sigh* he just does something to me.

The Goddess Inheritance stole my breath a
Eileen
Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

While extremely satisfying yet wholly infuriating, Aimee Carter wraps up The Goddess Inheritance, the finale to The Goddess Test trilogy, in one big dramatic lump of words, which isn't a bad or a good thing, despite the context of the words.

For those that read the ending of Goddess Interrupted can easily feel my pain. Personally, I was so completely devastated to turn that last page, and the beginning of The Goddess Inheritanc
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Uprising (Children of the Gods #2)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Awaken (Abandon Trilogy, #3)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Daughter of the Earth and Sky (Daughters of Zeus, #2)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
Aimée Carter was born and raised in Michigan, where she currently resides. Her first novel for young adults, THE GODDESS TEST, will be published by Harlequin Teen on April 19th, 2011. The sequel, GODDESS INTERRUPTED, will follow in January 2012.

Find her on Twitter at @aimee_carter.
More about Aimee Carter...
The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2) The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test, #1.5) The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5) Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)

“Sadness doesn't equal weakness, sweetheart. If anything, it shows the love you have inside of you, and nothing stronger in this world exists.” 94 likes
“I figured Henry might smite me if I went through your underwear.” 63 likes