Un segreto è per sempre

Un segreto è per sempre

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  570 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Sebastian Locke, a man who seems to be an ideal citizen, gives away millions from the family fortune to help those less privileged.
Published 2000 by Sperling & Kupfer (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Un segreto è per sempre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un segreto è per sempre

Carol Storm
In the classic movie SUNSET BOULEVARD, doomed screenwriter Joe Gillis says, "it's interesting sometimes to see just how bad really bad writing can be. This promised to go the limit."

This book really does go the limit. Every time one of the characters starts talking about their feelings and experiences you feel like they're really putting you on. Like it's some kind of gag.

"Mother and father expected me to be successful. And of course I was. Fabulously so. And then I met her. The woman I had to...more
Melvin Mathews
I finished the book because I was sufficiently curious about the mystery of Sebastian Locke's death so hence the 2 star rating. As far as the rest of it was concerned, it was like watching 4-5 months' worth of the Bold and the Beautiful. Or something. The book is written from the first person pov of Vivienne (Sebastian's ex-wife whose reasons for divorcing him are dealt with cursorily), Jack (Sebastian's son who dislikes his father immensely), Luciana (Sebastian's daughter, an ambitious woman wi...more
Lin Stepp
What an interesting read! Each book section presented from a different characters' point of view....
and each new section surprised you, making you realize you didn't really know the characters as well as you thought! Loved the mystery threading through the book - and I'd have never have guessed the ending.
I think anyone would enjoy this one!
Shirley
Although in this book Margaret Yorke seems to be wanting to also deliver a moral lesson--will not divulge what as it may spoil the ending--the writing style made me not want to put the book down. Read it in essentially one sitting.
Anne Marie
This was a good book. I liked the different sections where you got the points of view of the characters. It was a bit predictable for me, though, because surprises in this book were similar to VC Andrews' plots.
Chelsey Mrs.Horan♥
This was probably one of the best books I have ever read! I honestly couldn't put it down! Towards the end almost every chapter mad my yell "WHAT?" in shock! Great book!
Joann
I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Read it this afternoon. Engrossing.
Ria
A really brilliant story with a big twist at the end.
Well worth reading.
Darlene Emanuel
Loved this book very very good!
Schneehase
Klappentext:
Alle glauben an Selbstmord. Doch Vivienne Trent, Exfrau und Vertraute des Toten, hegt einen Verdacht. Die Journalistin beginnt Sebastian Lockes Leben zu recherchieren, und als sie in Frankreich auf die todkranke Gräfin de Grenaille stößt, weiß sie, dass hier der Schlüssel zur Wahrheit liegt. Doch es steht zu befürchten, dass die Gräfin entschlossen ist, ihr Geheimnis mit ins Grab zu nehmen…

Meine Meinung:
Dieses Buch hat eine Freundin von mir aussortiert und da ich nicht gerne Bücher w...more
Carol Kraus
The book was just okay. I have read several of her books years ago. I had ordered this when I belonged to a book club and found it the other day on one of my shelves of unread books. The book was fairly slow getting into but got somewhat better near the end. The ending was sort of bizarre to me. It's not one on my recommended list.
Noha El-Shami
يفاجئ انتحار رجل الأعمال المحب للخير ومساعدة الفقراء (سبستيان) زوجته
السابقة الصحفية بجريدة صاندى تايمز ويدفعها للبحث عن سبب انتحاره، وتلتقي في سبيل ذلك بقائمة من الأشخاص ممن كانوا يعملون معه في مؤسساته أو من أفراد عائلته أو عائلة الفتاة التي كان على وشك الارتباط بها

تسمع من كل منهم عن (سبستيان) كما رأوه وعرفوه لا كما عرفته وخبرته كزوج لها، إلى أن ينتهي بحثها بمفاجأة

الرواية مليئة بالأوصاف للأماكن ولمكنونات النفس البشرية

مستوى اللغة فوق المتوسط

توقعت في آخر (80) صفحة الكثير من الإثارة وخاصة وأن أراء...more
Elaine Darlington
Rubbish really, bought it at a charity sale as remembered Woman Of Substance on TV . Real Hollywood crap but ok if you just want a bland holiday read. Won't be reading any of her others bit Barbara Cartland I would imagine!!
Cindy
I couldn't put the book down, but I did not like the book. I think I didn't like the characters.
Dorry Lou
I don't know what to think of this book, much less what to write about it. It Was racy, jealously, and some other things I don't want to mention as it would give some of the ending away. The main character Sebastian Locke is found dead. Everyone is baffled by his death. There are 5 parts to the book each of 4 on the main people of his life. One covers a person 2 times. I will say it held my attention most of the time, but I feel it was sorta a sick book.
Betsy McCullen
VERY surprise ending but at times a bit tedious to wade through...a bit too descriptive at times. I loved the scenery descriptions of the vineyards & gardens though...almost felt like I was there. I was most taken by Vivienne & Zoe. For me, this was a story about Love, Dedication, Honor, Devotion and Truth, especially in the case of Vivienne. She reminded me very much of myself. I much admired Zoe for her Truth & Trust in Vivienne.
Rachel
I was surprised that I actually liked this book. I didn't expect to and only read it because I found it lying around one day at a relatives house. I'd probably give it a 3.5 and I may end up reading one of her other novels one of these days...
Samantha
Dec 08, 2010 Samantha rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Samantha by: My sister
Was recommened this book by a family member.
I found the start of it very slow and was struggling to get into the story, 2/3 of the way through I found myself transfixed by a brilliant twist in the story.
Peggy Huey
A traumatic event precipitates an examination of a life from multiple perspectives, leading to a surprise conclusion that is reflected in the title. Definitely an interesting read!
Cassie
I found this was a very slow and drawn out read until the last two sections. It did have a very interesting ending which I absolutly loved, but I wouldn't read it again
Gina
Like some of the other reviewers mentioned, this book starts out slow but a twist 2/3 of the way through makes it definitely worth reading.
Rae
An absorbing mystery involving questions of paternity and suicide. The author takes the reader to the very last page for the surprise ending.
Jaide
Oct 03, 2009 Jaide rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jaide by: grandmother
i liked it, though the describing of their lives sometimes aggravated me bc i wanted to get on with the book faster.
May
mad, bad,and absolutely dangerous to know...

very surprising denouement, believe me...
Amudha
The whole plot sounds absurd. i just cant digest the end of the story.
julie ann chavez
its so fantatic,............ and a different one......excelencia.........
Carmen
A story worth of your time. Never boring though the start is a bit slow.
Manuela
Angosciante e incredibile. Leggetelo, e vi sconvolgerà.

Jencey/
Barbara Taylor Bradford is one of my favorite authors.
Keryn
Good book in the end, but takes ages to get interesting.
  • Fortune's Hand
  • Tangled Vines
  • The Laws of Attraction (Rose Cottage Sisters, #3)
  • Love in Plain Sight: Love n' Marriage / Almost An Angel
  • Silent Honor
  • Criminal Intent (Ben Kincaid, #11)
  • Lights Out Tonight (KEY News, #9)
  • Destiny
  • Together Alone
  • Fourth Procedure
  • Mitigating Circumstances (Lily Forrester, #1)
  • Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5)
  • Now or Never
  • Mysterious: This Magic Moment / Search for Love / The Right Path
Barbara Taylor Bradford is the author of 25 bestselling novels, including Playing the Game, Breaking the Rules, and The Ravenscar Dynasty. She was born in Leeds, England, and from an early age, she was a voracious reader: at age 12, she had already read all of Dickens and the Brontë sisters. By the age of twenty, she was an editor and columnist on Fleet Street. She published her first novel, A Wom...more
More about Barbara Taylor Bradford...
A Woman of Substance (Emma Harte Saga #1) Hold the Dream (Emma Harte Saga #2) To Be the Best  (Emma Harte Saga #3) Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Saga #5) Emma's Secret (Emma Harte Saga #4)

“At the age of fifty-six Eleanor Stoddard was still a beautiful woman. She owned three hotels in France and another two in England. From nothing at all, she had built an empire. Eleanor had it all. Her one weakness was the young man sleeping beside her.” 2 likes