Start by marking “Unexpected Interruptions” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Interruptions

Unexpected Interruptions

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  325 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Sometimes it's the unexpected that makes life interesting. . .Smart, sexy Victoria Small has come to the end of her year off-from men, that is. She's enjoyed her hiatus, the peace, quiet-and no unexpected interruptions. But now she's ready to have someone to come home to. And her timing is perfect, as not one, but two, handsome possibilities enter her life...

Ted, a powerfu
Published April 1st 2011 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Interruptions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Interruptions

Tina
Victoria Small is a sophisticated, modern woman who wants a good man. Her last romance with her fiance ended horribly when she walked in on him being unfaithful. But until Mr. Right comes along, Victoria is content to work toward opening her own catering and party planning business.

Unbeknownst to her, her boss Ted Thornton has a thing for Victoria. He engineers it so that she is put on a big project with him at their company so they can spend time together. Victoria is very attracted to the hand
Lashanda
OOSA
Ask and You Shall Receive

Victoria Small is a beautiful, confident, thirty-something-year-old female on the fast track to success. She's a Senior Director in HR, has her dream home, a loving family and wonderful friends. The icing on the cake would be the love of a good man. After a one-year man hiatus, Victoria is ready to get her feet wet again.

One night she lay in bed and said a prayer. "God, please send me a good man...please send him fast! Amen."

Another night she lay in bed and said a pray
D.lee
I truly enjoyed this book. It was more than just a good romance, it also dealt with the prejudices within the African American community in general.

Victoria Small hasn't dated since a bad break up with her former boyfriend. Her friends want her to start dating again and she prays for GOD to send her a good man.

Ted Thornton is the new acting CEO of the company she works for and he finds himself attracted to Victoria when he first meets her. He has a couple of road blocks though. Ted has been in a
L.M. David
I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. Ted Thornton, who is white, was, in my opinion, a very likable character and his patience with Victoria went way beyond what a man in his situation would have tolerated. As a rich man, head of a large corporation, he seemed a bit wimpy with respect to how he handled his situation with Victoria and Parker, especially after he, too, had been burnt by a gold digging ex-wife. As for Victoria, she was everything the writer wanted, neurotic, quick tempered, susp ...more
Rhonda McKnight
Fantastic read. Loved the romance on both sides and loved the outcome. The story really made me think, but entertained me as well with great characters, snappy dialgoue and solid description. I highly recommend for readers of contemporary fiction and romance.
Sherese
I don't understand all the rave reviews for this book. It recieved amazing reviews on Amazon and on Goodreads as well. I was highly disappointed. It deserves 1 1/2 to 2 stars.
Joyce Dickerson
this book was awesome Victoria was a wonderful character
Cheryl
Victoria is described as a tall African American woman. She is the senior director at Via Tech. Her boss Ted seems like a really great guy and her friends thinks he wants her, but he is white. She has never dated a white man before. She is lonely and just wants a man.

Victoria went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory alone and sees "Mr. Gorgeous", but he isn't alone. Victoria falls and "Mr. Gorgeous" helps her and seems to have some interest in her. She hopes she gets to see him around again.

Victor
KC Girlfriends Book Club
Unexpected Interruptions by Trice Hickman is a book that will definitely make you think twice about redefining the boundaries that some people set for themselves in the name of love.

I thought the relationship between Victoria and Ted was told wonderfully and thought Trice allowed the reader to see their relationship progress throughout the book.

I thought the beginning of the book read a little bit slow but definitely picked up during the middle and the end of the book. There were a few grammat
Nanette Buchanan
By now most serious readers know the name of Trice Hickman, author of Unexpected Interruptions. Knowing her, and knowing her ability to captivate you page after page may cause you to move your collection of novels and make room for all of her upcoming novels. If you're using a kindle.....this is an author's work that you'd want on your shelf.

It's not often that a book causes me to look at myself in a different light. You know, get into the characters, make their issues your own.......and put yo
Kristin
Overall, this was pretty entertaining. I was a bit put off by the label whoring. No one could just wear a sundress or a watch. It had to be this name brand watch or that name brand dress or these name brand shoes. Good Lord. Was all that really necessary? I get it - they're rich! Also, if I saw one more person say "brothuh" or "listen, girlfriend," my eyes were going to roll so far back in my head that they got stuck. There were some really stupid excuses for silly behavior - why did it take Ted ...more
Bennita
This was my first Trice Hickman book and I'm glad I read it. I think this book was a little more realistic than a lot of interracial romances out there when it came to fears couples experience when they are from different ethnic backgrounds. At times, I wanted to yell "get over it!" to Victoria because she was so stuck on Ted being white, but she had valid reasons for her worries. I also enjoyed this book because in most love triangles, there is one man who is a complete jackass, so you immediat ...more
K.L. Brady
Unexpected Interruptions was an unexpected pleasure to read. As the cover suggests, it involves a love triangle between Victoria, Parker, and Ted. Parker is a successful black surgeon and Ted is a successful white CEO. Both men fall in love with Victoria for all the right reasons, the question becomes--who is the right man for Victoria? Decisions, decisions.

I read this book in two days and was very impressed with how well-written the story is. The author has a great voice and the story is compe
Teaguem2005
Genevieve Woods
Loved it

Loved it

Great read I was invested in both relationships. V went with her heart, I think. all the characters were well developed and the storylines were solid.

Natasha
The author did a very good job painting the picture of two appealing men with promise. One who I seemed to slowly warm up to and the other seemed to be perfect from the start. Even after Mr. "Perfect" showed his flaws I still felt bad for him, he had very endearing qaulities but everyone is not into giving second chances. Especially those who have been hurt in that same way before. Everything happens for a reason and maybe it took some hurt to show the main character that even with all the diffe ...more
Gwen
Trice Hickman gives us a bit of romance sprinkled with a look of our prejudices. This book the reader to review love through clear lens.
Malika
I liked the follow-up book better, but the chronology of the two make no sense though.
Shameka
The premise of this story was promising but the execution was a bit disappointing. The constant use of stereotypes regarding people of other races and the excessive use of designer name dropping really started to wear on my nerves so much so that I almost didn't finish this book. I also didn't like the way that the author wrote the entire last chapter of the book as if the ending was some type of mystery. I figured out what was going to happen halfway through the book. I guess I am just not a fa ...more
Jackie Roberts
I'm not really a huge fan of interracial romance books but I enjoyed Unexpected Interruptions by Trice Hickman. I thought the storyline was predictable and I knew who the heroine of the book would end up with by the time I made it halfway through the book.

Everyone deserved to be loved and valued and that is how Ted made Victoria feel. It was great seeing their relationship evolve despite their fears and doubts. I would definitely read more books by this author.
Terri
Trice Hickman is a very good writer.This story is fluent and easy to follow. It's every woman's biggest fantasy to be pursued by two handsome,wealthy gentlemen. I'm not convinced if this is something that could realistically happen in the style the author depicted. I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so predictable. I on the other hand write and read novels so it's tough to surprise me. Best wishes and much success to this up and coming author.
LaChelle Weaver
This was my first novel by Trice Hickman and I enjoyed it. Ms. Hickman explored the world of multicultural relationships and not just regarding romance, but with friendships as well. I thought it was well-written and I was satisfied with how it ended. I'm currently reading the sequel Keeping Secrets & Telling Lies, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it as well. Trice Hickman has definitely made it on my FAVORITE AUTHOR list.
Shanita Lofton
I really enjoyed this book even though I wanted to shake Victoria for almost overlooking true love based on the color of the mans skin! I'm glad everything worked out the way it did. Just goes to show how love can sneak up and bite you in the butt when you least expect it!
Candice
Another book that i love! Trice Hickman outdid herself on this book and i cant wait until the sequel to it come out in june!!!!! its already written down in my calendar!
Brandi
I loved reading this book. It was a really good read with some unexpected results. If you like IR romance, this book is a good place to be.
Michelle
I was quite surprised about how this book turned out. I really enjoyed it. Great book. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Kathy
I completed this book today. I found that it was a good read. Be careful what you pray for if you're not ready to commit.
Merle
A sweet read and topical. The good guys and bad guys are pretty clearly marked, but Hickman makes the ride a fun one.
Teresa
I liked it. But the ending could have been better. The nightmare towards the end left me saying.....hmmmm.
  • The Color of Love
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
  • Again
  • Blindsided
  • The Real Thing
  • Reye's Gold
  • Adrienne (A Bron Universe Novel #1)
  • Burn
  • Connelly's Flame (The Megalodon Team, #3)
  • Wheels of Steel, Book 2
  • Daisy's Choice
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • The Alpha Promise
  • I'll Be Your Shelter
  • Love Out of Order
  • Taken by Storm
  • The Fancy (The Fancy Series #1)
Prior to writing, Trice Hickman's diverse professional career included work in both corporate and non-profit organizations. Currently, she is putting the finishing touches on her second novel, and a third book is already underway. She resides in Washington, D.C., with her husband. "
More about Trice Hickman...
Keeping Secrets & Telling Lies Breaking All My Rules Playing the Hand You're Dealt Looking for Trouble Troublemaker (An Unexpected Love Novel)

“Mom, I can take care of myself, and I've been doing a pretty good job of it for quite some time. Besides, I enjoy the peace and quiet of coming home alone...no unexpected interruptions." Victoria said, trying to convince herself.” 2 likes
“Gnawing at the forefront of Victoria's thoughts was the question that Rob had asked--was she dismissing Ted because he was white? She'd always thought herself to be open-minded, but in her romantic relationships, she'd only dated black men.” 1 likes