Start by marking “Gabriel's Mate (Scanguards Vampires, #3)” as Want to Read:
Gabriel's Mate (Scanguards Vampires, #3)

Gabriel's Mate (Scanguards Vampires #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  5,428 ratings  ·  282 reviews
After Maya is turned into a vampire against her will, vampire and Scanguards bodyguard Gabriel is charged with protecting her and finding her attacker. Gabriel has never guarded a body as perfect as Maya's. Moreover, Maya's enticing blend of vulnerability and strength is difficult to resist. Yet resist he must. Even as the sexual tension between them rises and the rogue va ...more
Published December 13th 2010 by Createspace (first published December 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Gabriel's Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gabriel's Mate

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
Well, isn't this a kinky little morsel!

photo reading.gif

Okay, I have mixed feelings about this story. It started out strong... intriguing, exciting, kinda heartbreaking... then fizzled out and I found myself skimming just to find out what happens to 'the bad guy.' I can't pinpoint what exactly went wrong, but what was a 5 star read to start, ended up just being okay. I want to see more of Gabriel and Maya in future books, and I hope to see their relationship has flourished.

I'm very much looking forward to Yvett
Beth (^v^)/
Here's the story, of a lovely lady...

Who was living quite peacefully on her own. Til the one day where the lady met this fellow...

Well technically, this fellow found her as she was dying. So, let me back up a bit.

The lovely lady, Maya, was rescued from a savage attack by an unknown vampire assailant. She is brought to the home of the Scanguard Vampires, where they have to make a decision whether she dies or becomes a vampire.

Gabriel, the fellow from earlier, decides to save her life and turns h
Louise Kemp
It's another five stars from me for Ms Tina Folsom. The thing I love about these books is that they don't take themselves to seriously, which for me make the books that more enjoyable. They have the right amount of action, adventure, suspense, HOT sex and humor. I love how the vampires are described as still living with flowing blood and heart beats, this makes much more sense to me instead of them being 'walking dead' as some authors describe them. I will say that I'm a big fan of JR Wards Blac ...more
Sabrina
I can't help but chuckle just thinking of this book...

Gabriel is basically described as a hideous looking man, but I could never picture him as ugly or scary. I disregarded the scar, ponytail, ugly looking man he is describes as and made him my own beauty haha.

Anyways, on to the book *chuckle*...

Gabriel is a hard ass, basically. He hasn't gotten any in a long time. Every time he tries, the women run away in fear. What is it that they run away from *chuckle*, well my friends, you have to read.

*Ma
Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel  (Oh My Shelves)
. I liked this one. Gabriel is the #2 in Samson's Scanguard Vampire operation when Samson asks him to assist with the integration of a newly turned vampire Dr. Maya.

Gabriel is so turned on by her, but he can't do anything with her because his man-sword is deformed. Due to his issues with his junk, Gabriel has always gone for prostitutes and quickies with people he can hypnotize and wipe their minds, never a real relationship with someone he cared about.

when Mara rejects human blood, she is force
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
It's official!. The Scanguards Vampires series has tipped over into "guilty pleasure" territory with the revelation that the hero Gabriel is (view spoiler). Easy to read,smutty but engaging this series is a fun, light hearted read between more complex paranormals and urban fantasy.
Liz
Hot, hot, hot!! Another sizzling, sexy good time from Tina Folsom!!!

Ok, so you've probably read my reviews of the 1st two books of this series so I'm just going to jump into this one...without lube. (snicker, snicker!)

Now, we know Gabriel from before. He runs the New York office of Scanguard. He's in town (San Fran) helping Samson with this and that (this=Book 1, that=Book 2!). And now its his turn. Gabriel has this....issue. Like a serious issue. Do you remember in Book 1 or 2, where they talk
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
I spent half of this book trying to figure out what was up with Gabriel's manhood and the rest feeling scandalized once I found out. As a result, I made quick work of this novel! But be forewarned, there's a reason why this one comes with a sexual content advisory! Gabriel's Mate isn't solely about toe curling action mind you, it's also a great story.

I immediately developed a crush on Gabriel. He hasn't had the easiest of existences. Add to that the fact that he's a vampire ergo immortal. His to
Karla
I really wanted to like this book, because I was looking forward to reading about Gabriel. It wasn't all bad and there were some things I really enjoyed. My biggest issue was with Gabriel's "problem". It was just to weird for me. If it was part of him initially, that would have been okay, but I felt like it was brought into the story for the extra "heat factor" and it just turned me off. He could have held his own just the way he was. Still a good series, I'm just hoping Yvette's book will be be ...more
Penelope Fletcher
I’ll keep this review short but sweet. If you like a bit of kink with your vampire romances you’ll like this book. I have read all of Ms Folsom’s books available via iBooks, and this was my favourite because it was the most unique.

Gabriel, a vampire with a peculiar deformity is rejected by all females and resigns himself to living a singular, sexually frustrated life which proves difficult as vampires in this book are exceedingly sexual beings. Then along comes a beaten, bloody, half dead and ha
April
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

I am not happy with the turn of events in this book!! I am going to need to take a break before I continue the series, I really did not appreciate who the Rogue turned out to be, he was my book crush!

The story is really well do, exactly what I have come to expect in this series. Really full and rich stories. I was kind of annoyed about the whole deformity situation, really took forever for us to find out the details. The whole Rogue story w
PepperP0t
4.5stars actually

So it took me a while to get to this one but it was definitely worth the wait. So far this is a great series and luckily it’s still early enough in the series so that there is no repeating on the stories.

Disfigured, tortured, delectable yet sensitive Scanguards second Gabriel has been lonely and alone for many years. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any hope on the horizon for changing his situation until Dr. Maya Johnson is turned into a vampire against her will and he’s
Ronna
3.5 stars rounded up

Follows the series pattern with unlikely romance blooming in the shadow of a dangerous threat. However, there are some twists in this book. Our heroine is a beautiful human doctor, Maya, who is turned into a vampire against her will at the onset of the story. She is rescued by the Scanguards team and Gabriel, handsome but disfigured, is asked to watch over her until they catch the rogue vampire who turned her. The two have an immediate connection, which is explained later in
Camilla
This series just keeps getting better and better..

It's not that often I get hooked, just from reading the prologue, but thats exactly what happened with this book.. I couldnt wait to find out what had Gabriels new wife freaking out like she did..

I read this book in one go, and I think I wouldnt even have noticed if my house had caught on fire..

I loved this story, and I loved Gabriel and Maya together.. And when I say that they are -perfect- for each other, I'm really not exaggerating.. But you
Megan
It was very cute, I really enjoyed all three of these books and am going to keep going with the series. I also kind of love Gabriel's problem. It's unusual and interesting.
Donna (BLHmistress)
Review:

Ok I have been sitting here trying to figure out just exactly how to review this book for one I knew going in I was going to love it or at least I hoped I would, after reading one of Tina's other works in another series I became a fan almost immediately. Let me say this one didn't disappoint and even though I hadn't read the first two books in this series, I didn't feel lost at all.

Let me just start by saying I adore Gabriel. I could be wrong but this is the first I have read a vampire wi
Mojca
After a rather disappointing second installment in this series, I was quite apprehensive about picking up Gabriel’s Mate. My worries were unfounded, though, because I simply loved it.

The pacing was great, the characters amazing (I adored Gabriel and Maya both individually and as a couple), the plot nice and tight, and the suspense just right. Sure, the villain was obvious from the get-go, but that didn’t deter from my enjoyment. It heightened it, actually, since I was curious as to how the chara
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
If the previous books were 3-stars-worthy, this one would go for a 3.5, maybe even a 4 at some points.

We have Gabriel...

Gabriel has a secret that keeps him from being intimate with women often, a secret that when they discover it they recoil from him in terror. The last time he loved a woman he ended up with a scar that destroyed his face so he doesn't believe there is a woman who would love him out there. When the gorgeous Maya is turned against her will and lands in his arms he can't help but
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Quickie Review:
This third novel in the Scanguards Vampires series does not disappoint! There is so much mystery and suspense you can’t put the book down, a definite page-turner! The plot is unique and fabulously well written, the emotions intense, all the characters are well developed, there are witty & humorous dialogues between them and several surprising twists thrown in. But don’t be fooled, this isn’t a light romance. There are dark and bloody scenes along the way but you can’t have vam
Tracey
I love a paranormal romance, great escaping the realms of normality and this series does that fabulously.

This is Gabrieles story, he gets assigned guarding a newly turned vampire (who had been turned against her will). Instantly he is attracted to her. He has personal problems he doesn't want to share, eventually he will have to though if he has any hope of moving forward - also he has to find her attacker, let the vampire romance ride begin :)

Photobucket

Giving this book 4 stars as could have had a pinch
Tanya
I loved this book! Gabriel is a vampire who has in this series stole my heart.

Gabriel is the head of Scansguard at the New York office but still in San Francisco after helping to rescue Nina at the end of the last book, when a female human is bitten and turned against her will by a rogue vampire. Sampson asks Gabriel to stay and attend to Maya to ensure she makes it through her transition. The last thing Gabriel wants is to be helping out this female however as soon as he see's her the attractio
DemonKitty003
Yet another good book I was on the edge of my seat! I loved how the hidden suspence was in this one. The hidden think of women runing away from Gabriel and the mystery vampire rouge!! I couldn't put the book down for a second. Every time I had to it nearly killed me when I had to do somethings first before I could come back to my place. It was a perfect movie playing out and just had to finish it.

Now it is onto the next book in the series. I have to start tomorrow or I will die! I want to get t
 ~V~
ANOTHER great addition to this series!! These have def. become a favorite! Some might probably consider these to be a little bit more on the erotic side as far as the steam factor goes..but i've certainly read things that have pushed the envelope MORE than these have...there wasn't anything in these that made me gasp or made me uncomfortable. Any lover of the paranormal romance genre should definitely check these out..you won't be disappointed! :)
Marsha
Even though I've been enjoying the Scanguard Vampire series, I've felt that it was missing a unique angle. I even wondered if I would be able to read all nine books in the boxed set I purchased because of this. However, book three: "Gabriel's Mate" has finally provided that special something I've been missing.

Gabriel has alone and lonely even when he was human all because of a deformity in his never region. Even prostitutes recoil once they see it. Then, Samson discovers that a human doctor, May
JLC
Read this before. Just updating my shelves now. I don't think I'll ever forget this book due to... ummmmm.... (clear throat)... Gabriel's "condition". By the book's end, all the troubling issues found their right "spots", & the H & h found one another to be each other's perfect mate - in more ways than one. What romance junkie wouldn't appreciate that?
Kelly
Well I really wish I could say I totally enjoyed this book as much as the first two in the series, but I just didn't. I didn't care about either Gabriel or Maya,the two main characters , and I didn't really care if they got their HEA.
Also nothing was really going on with the other characters. I hope I like Yvette's book better.
namericanwordcat
Gabriel is a wonderful hero. He moves this book from being an average enjoyable erotic vampire romance with some action adventure thrown in to a comfort read you will want to enjoy again and again.
Sammy Loves Books
Enjoyable story with an very unexpected twist. I'm kinda surprised it didn't make my smoking hot shelf. Folsom must have left all the hot love scenes on the cutting room floor.
Trea
Scanguards Vampires is a tough series to write reviews for, because the books are short and very fast paced. For me, the suspense angle/mystery is predictable and what is attempting to pass as erotic love scenes really isn't all that erotic to me, and yet, I find myself wanting to read each subsequent installment in the series. I believe it is due to the sense of family that the author injects into the company.

For this book, we are treated to getting insight into Gabriel and the reasons for his
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Gabriel is a second in-command Scanguard who is haunted by his past, not only emotionally but physically with a scar down one side of his face. Gabriel is different from others and has a sensitive private issue that doesn’t allow him to get close to women due to him feeling unworthy and a freak. All Gabriel wants is to be accepted and to be loved for who he is;

“At night, he could pretend to be an ordinary man with ordinary desires and dreams: for a loving wife, a family, a welcoming home. He kne

• Lucas (Vampires In America, #6)
  • Crimson Debt (Born to Darkness, #1)
  • de Sang: Embrace Your Blood Lust (Human Vampire #2)
  • Slade (New Species, #2)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Eternal Hearts (A Darkness Within, #2)
  • Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness, #2)
  • I'll Be Slaying You (Night Watch, #2)
  • Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2)
  • Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2)
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Curse, #2)
  • In the Service of the King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #1)
  • Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
  • Hell's Revenge (Princess of Hell, #3)
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
Tina Folsom is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. She's always been self-published and has found tremendous success with her paranormal series, Scanguards Vampires, Venice Vampyr, and Out of Olympus, selling more than 2 million copies of her 50 titles (which includes titles in German, French, and Spanish) in almost 4 years.

Tina writes about hot alpha heroes, bad boys, and kick-ass
More about Tina Folsom...

Scanguards Vampires (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1)
  • Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2)
  • Yvette's Haven (Scanguards Vampires, #4)
  • Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5)
  • Quinn's Undying Rose (Scanguards Vampires, #6)
  • Oliver's Hunger (Scanguards Vampires, #7)
  • Thomas's Choice (Scanguards Vampires, #8)
  • Cain's Identity (Scanguards Vampires, #9)
  • Luther's Return (Scanguards Vampires, #10)
  • Blake's Pursuit (Scanguards Vampires, #11)
Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1) Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5) Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2) Yvette's Haven (Scanguards Vampires, #4) Lawful Escort (Eternal Bachelors Club, #1)