Start by marking “Ripe for Scandal (The League of Second Sons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ripe for Scandal (The League of Second Sons, #2)

Ripe for Scandal (The League of Second Sons #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  23 reviews
The League of Second Sons

A secret society of younger sons, sworn to aid and abet each other, no matter the scandal or cost . . . Their fathers and brothers may rule the world, but they run it, and when it comes to passion they refuse to accept second best.

No one would ever suspect Lady Boudicea "Beau" Vaughn, a well-bred, young heiress, of secretly harboring unladylike de
Mass Market Paperback, 321 pages
Published September 1st 2011 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Ripe for Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ripe for Scandal

Jen (Red Hot Books)
Gareth Sandison is in love with his best friend's little sister, Beau. But as a second son, he knows the lady is out of his reach. Beau has other ideas. She wants Gareth for her own, and when he saves her from a kidnapping attempt, she grasps her opportunity to have him.

The two decide to wed in order to keep Beau's reputation intact --and it works for the most part. But swooping in on a friend's sister is a cardinal sin among gentlemen and the marriage leaves Gareth ostracized among his buddies
Mallorie
This is the first book by Isobel Carr that I've ever read, and I believe it will be the last. The book, as a whole, was just deplorable. I bought it with high hopes, but I absolutely could not stand Carr's writing. The characters lacked a certain depth that's typically established within the first few chapters of a novel. I'm the kind of person who enjoys siting down and reading a book all the way through, without stopping, but I actually had to put this book down-- and I rarely stop reading a b ...more
So much better than book 1, the hero of book 1 is a villain in this book because he hasn't grown any from the last book where he was barely a hero. Still not fabulous but I'm giving it a 3 because of it's vast improvement. Only recomending if you just have to read Georgians and can't find anything else.
TJ
3.5/5.0

For a complete review, visit Affaire de Coeur magazine, hard copy or online at: http://affairedecoeur.com
October 2011 issue.
SidneyKay
Allison  Macias
The League of Second Sons returns with a bang. Boudicea "Beau" Vaughn is the lovely but untouchable sister of Lord Leonidas Vaughn. Gareth Sandison knows Beau is above him, even if her brother did approve. Beau is aware of Gareth's rakish reputation, but still can't shake him from her mind. When she is kidnapped by a scorned suitor's henchman, she knows she is ruined. Her liberator is none other than Gareth. She convinces Gareth to complete the kidnapping and marry her. Against his better judgem ...more
May Mostly Romance
เล่มนี้เป็นเล่มที่สองในชุด The League of Second Sons ซึ่งเล่าเรื่องกลุ่มคนที่ถูกมองข้ามมากที่สุดในหนังสือโรแมนซ์ นั่นก็คือ เหล่าบรรดาลูกชายคนรอง ส่วนใหญ่โฟกัสทุกอย่างมักจะอยู่ที่ทายาท หรือลูกชายคนโต พวกเขาสืบทอดบรรดาศักดิ์และทรัพย์สมบัติทั้งหมดของวงค์ตระกูล ในขณะที่น้องชายทั้งหลายเป็นตัวประกอบของเรื่อง (แม้ว่าจะมีโรแมนซ์หลายเล่มที่จับเอาลูกคนรองมาเป็นตัวเอกนะคะ แต่ส่วนใหญ่ก็มักจะเป็นหนังสือชุดที่เล่าเรื่องทั้งตระกูลไปเลย)

บทนำของเรื่องนี้ได้ใจมาก แม้ว่าเนื้อเรื่องที่ตามมาไม่ค่อยจะต่อยอดจากบทนำน
Book Review Diva
Isobel Carr “Ripe for Scandal”

Sizzling and scandalous is what “Ripe for Scandal” by Isobel Carr delivers. I could not turn the pages fast enough reading this one! Beau and Gareth's intoxicating romance lights up the pages with fiery passion page after page. This book had it all. From the humor, the scandal, the excitement, the drama and the heart pounding action. This is the second book in Isobel's series called “The League of Second Sons”, and I recommended this book to everyone.

Gareth Sandiso
Lisa Jo
An adventurous and tempting novel, Ripe for Scandal is a great addition to the League of Second Sons series. Isobel Carr pens a charming and delightful novel with plenty of drama and sizzling passion.

Lady Boudicea “Beau” Vaughn has spent her fair share of time flirting with young gentlemen, but their is only one she wants and he is the one she can’t have. Gareth Sandison, second son of an Earl, is not only below her station, but a notorious rake. They have both known each other since they were c
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 Feathers

This Review also posted at UTC Book Blog

True to its name, this second installment for The League of Second Sons series is full of scandal, family entanglement, romance with steamy scenes, and suspense. Ms. Carr has outdone herself as this book is so much better than the last!

Lady Boudicea Vaughn is the marriageable daughter of the Duke of Lochmaben, also Lord Leonidas little sister. This girl is not the black sheep of the family by far, but definitely a black sheep of their society.
Rory O'Connor
Beau has been out in society for years now, but has yet to choose a suitor. This vexes Gareth to know end, he knows she’s above him, and if she just hurry up and marry herself off he could stop fantasizing about her (or at least try). Beau, on the other hand, has other ideas – including trying to get the seemingly indifferent Gareth to notice her. Despite being chased after by a number of suitors, Beau refuses to marry. She wants to marry for love and Gareth is her choice. Even if Gareth continu ...more
Foggygirl
A very entertaining steamy historical romance with a heroine who is no shrinking violet.
Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess
This book was a lot better than I expected. With a cover to match it's title, Ripe for Scandal offers the reader a range of emotions not typical to the usual smutty historical romance fare as the main characters take on hardship after hardship in their already shaky marriage. I gave it three stars for diverting a bit from the formula of historical romance we are so used to. However, fans of this genre will still feel comfortable and familiar with the style and locales.
Tuuli
4th star is for Margo and the Earl
Alana
strong female character. beau fought for what she wanted and refused to be kidnapped and made life a living hell for her captures. great villian to hate. as for gareth all i can say is yum. and both sets of parents were jerks, but ended up nicer than they were at first. can't wait for the next installment.

(Recieved free through Goodreads First Reads)
Lauren
I enjoyed this book. It was a quick read for me due to the fact that I couldn't put the book down. I found myself wanting to leave my class and just read my book. The characters were enjoyable and Jamie threw a good curve ball in the storyline. I still need to read the first book, and it's in my stack to read. I can't wait to start!
Ella Quinn
Lady Beau Vaughn has her sights on her brother’s best friend. Gareth wants her as well, but not at the cost of his friendship and reputation. However, the going gets interesting when Beau is kidnapped and Gareth is the only one close enough to rescue her.
Barbara
Like Gareth and Beau (should have had a better spelling) as a couple but Leo didn't match the character as written in his book. This was Beau getting her man and Gareth getting his HEA with the woman he has always loved.
Katie
I won this book.

I loved this book! It was really nice! Full of romantic, a little mystery, and lots of scandal! I really recommend this book.
Rhonda Jones
I really enjoyed this book. The conflict between Beau and Gareth. The twists and scandals. Cant go into detail or will spoil it. but I recommend this book
Jo (My House of Books)
Simply okay, which I hate saying about a book, but there's not enough here to compel me to continue with this series.
Gypsie Holley
I really liked this one. Lots of explicit scenes with doses of intrigue. How much can a man take? I feel for Gareth.
Joanne
Sometimes, you just need a good bodice ripper. This is one :)
Rebecca Owen
Rebecca Owen marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Natasha Caron
Natasha Caron marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Laemy_tbr
Laemy_tbr marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
  • Always a Temptress (The Drake's Rakes #3)
  • The Importance of Being Wicked (The Wild Quartet, #1)
  • Secrets of a Proper Countess
  • Engaged in Sin
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To Series #2)
  • Mad About the Earl (Ministry of Marriage, #2)
  • The Seduction of His Wife (Hallaway Sisters, #1)
  • Romancing the Countess (Romancing, #1)
  • Obsession Wears Opals (Jaded Gentleman, #5)
  • Invitation to Ruin (Invitation To #1)
  • Forever and a Day (The Rumor, #1)
  • Duchess of Sin (The Daughters of Erin, #2)
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • Pride & Passion (The Brethren Guardians, #2)
  • A Season of Seduction (James Family, #3)
  • Pleasure Me
  • Tempting the Marquess (Weston, #2)
Isobel Carr has a BA in philosophy, with minors in history and creative writing (Hollins College) and an MFA in creative writing (San Francisco State University). Combine all that with $3.25 and you can buy a spicy chai at her favorite coffee shop. After finishing graduate school, it became painfully clear that a job in the arts wasn't going to pay enough to eat, so she set about looking for a "re ...more
More about Isobel Carr...
Ripe for Pleasure (The League of Second Sons, #1) Ripe for Seduction (The League of Second Sons, #3) Ripe for Anything (The League of Second Sons, #3.5) Ripe for Revenge (The League of Second Sons, #4)