Start by marking “Forever Young” as Want to Read:
Forever Young

Forever Young

A non-erotic tale of how a single moment in time can change a life forever; that the joy of love is worth the sorrow of losing it one day; and that allowing yourself to love again is what makes life worth living.
Published (first published February 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Young, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Young

Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
What is the book about?

Claudia Francis lost both her parents to a boating accident at the age of fourteen and was raised in orphanages until she reached eighteen. Searching for adventure and excitement she traveled the world and met a college professor named Claude.

Everything about Claudia may seem normal, but what you may not know is that she is actually two hundred and thirty-six years old while only appearing to look twenty years old. There was an accident that killed Claude and changed her
Nenette
Dec 25, 2011 Nenette rated it did not like it
I thought there was something to this, but as I noticed there were only a few pages left, I suspected it was going nowhere; and i suspected coreectly. It was like the author couldn't think of anything more to add, so he just ended it right smack at the point where there should be more. I felt like a teacher looking at the exam of a student who was really doing very well but he suddenly realized there was no more time, so whatever. It's a pity as I thought it would have been a very good story.
Brisa
Aug 28, 2011 Brisa rated it really liked it
Although this is a quick read, I loved the premise of the tale. I really wish it was developed into a novel, as it would have been interesting to see the story unfold in greater detail.
Philip
Aug 29, 2011 Philip rated it it was ok
There's not much to this short story. Besides the incident that causes the main reason for the story, there really isn't anything else going on. It's just a summary of someone's life, which doesn't have anything particularly unusual or unexpected going on. So, I guess I'm not really sure what the point is.

The idea is that someone lives indefinitely long while always appearing young. This topic is broached very early on, and it made me wonder for a while whether I would want that to happen to me
Yvonna
May 20, 2015 Yvonna rated it it was ok
Tragedy upon tragedy, Claudia needs a break. Reading this book seemed like a waste of my time.
Amber
Sep 03, 2011 Amber rated it did not like it
Well...For me I didn't really enjoy. This is pretty much about a 20 year old woman who is stuck at her current age because of an incident in a lab. She stays the same age while everyone around her gets old and dies. She always moving so no one sees that she is not aging with them. She falls in love a few times but of course can't move on with them in the next life. This is a short story, like 15-20min read...It is all narrative from her POV. I personally didn't care for it however I get what is ...more
Mary Catherine
Jun 25, 2011 Mary Catherine rated it it was ok
While the idea is intriguing - a mysterious science experiment that halts aging - and the loss is a strong undercurrent, this particular short story fell flat in its execution. A short length doesn't mean the words should be simple. East writes this so matter-of-factly that I felt as though I were reading a list of things that needed to be felt and understood.

Perhaps if it was an expanded story, it would have worked better.
Hannah
Jul 02, 2011 Hannah rated it did not like it
A short-story that I would have enjoyed, if it had both of these things. 1. Characters were underdeveloped. I did not understand them well and I did not connect with them at all. 2. Even for a short-story, this is too short! I did not feel a connection to the characters and the short length did not help mattters at all. I would have liked this story, if things were different, but they are not.
Teresa
Feb 05, 2012 Teresa rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. It was sad in a way. The woman could stay young, yeah, but it's sad about the first she married.
But then the story did end good.
I just don't want to give any spoilers.
Would I recommend it? Yes, especially if you want a quick, short read. It didn't take me but about 2 1/2 hours to read.
Anita
Oct 29, 2011 Anita added it
Unlike the cryogenic stuff from the movie of the same title, a young girl is kept perpetually young by an accident in a science lab. She lives two full 'life times' and loses the people she loves, but she lives on... and finds a reason for living. What can I say, I'm a die-hard romantic at the core...
Cathy
Aug 09, 2011 Cathy rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-books
Short story about an accident in a lab which makes a young woman immortal. Although she loves and loses over the years she never loses the desire to love again.
Would have liked to know a little more about the passage of time. It seemed to go on about 60 years but could have been so much more.
Jessica Van Vleet
Jul 29, 2011 Jessica Van Vleet rated it liked it
This was an interesting short story. I would have liked to have seen more. If the author wrote more, got into the story, it would have been awesome. It left me wanting to know more. But it seemed more of an outline of a novel that could have been amazing.
Nicole
Sep 22, 2012 Nicole rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
No depth to this story...for living over 250 years, I'm sure there could be a lot of story to tell but none really was. Plus I had a hard time with the time lines and explanations, even though it's fiction, there seemed to be some inconsistencies.
Cindy Winder delong
Jun 01, 2012 Cindy Winder delong rated it liked it
Shelves: nook
Nyssa
Dec 27, 2011 Nyssa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantics with a minute or two to spare
Not much meat, even for a short story, but it was a quick, and enjoyable read. I could see this stretched out into a movie, or even a tv series.
KyBunnies
Interesting story. If the author expanded upon the story it would be 5 star and a very interesting read.
Diamond (kindle lover)
I wanted to cry reading this but i held it in,this book or ebook is amazing
★Carri
Aug 07, 2011 ★Carri rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Loved it, but tiny! I wish there had been more of it to read.
Lori Petticrew
Enjoyable short read.
Anna Alvin
Short Story Kindle Edition
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it did not like it
Aug 31, 2016
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Sibue
Sibue rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2016
Marylisa Martin
Marylisa Martin rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Mirela
Mirela marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Suki
Suki marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Derelict
  • One Bite
  • I Witch
  • Clever is as Clever Does: Story 2 (A Fairy Tale Romance)
  • A Storm of Love, A Novella
  • Harvest Moon
  • Spiderwork (Apocalypto, #2)
  • An Unlikely Pair: The High School Years (My Once and Future Love, #0.5)
  • Blood in the Marsh
  • Monster in the Mirror
  • Demons and Other Inconveniences
  • Destiny by Design
  • Lights, Camera...Monsters (Monsters in Hollywood, #1)
  • Summer Wishes (Desire, #1.5)
  • 101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire
  • The Life and Death of Lauren Conway
  • On the Run
  • Heart Of The Wild (Amory's, #1)
I was born In Hull, Yorkshire, England in 1956. I started to write at the age of 44 in the year 2000 and I wasn't very good. I slowly learned over the years that followed, mainly from people online who gave up their time to help me. I chose to write imaginative things and sometimes allowed my own imagination to get away from me. I started with erotic tales before going onto more serious stuff, alt ...more
More about Carl East...