Start by marking “A Good Man Is Hard to Find” as Want to Read:
A Good Man Is Hard to Find

A Good Man Is Hard to Find

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  212 ratings  ·  31 reviews
#1 national bestselling author ReShonda Tate Billingsley takes off on an adventure of romance, passion, and just a touch of suspense . . . set in one of the world’s most exotic locales.

After her company is bought out by a tabloid magazine, career-driven journalist Ava Cole is less than thrilled to be covering celebrity fluff stories—even if her first a
Published March 22nd 2011 by Gallery Books (first published December 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Good Man Is Hard to Find, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Good Man Is Hard to Find

Toni
Inspirational (Christian) fiction author, Billingsley, is now trying her hand at mainstream mystery-filled romance.

Upon arriving at work as an investigative reporter for a well-respected magazine, Ava Cole finds out that her division is closing down and she is being offered a job at a sister publication. Unfortunately, that publication specializes in tabloid gossip. Ava takes the job (a woman's gotta eat and pay the bills right?) and takes off to Aruba on her first assignment: find out the real
Carmen Blalock
Ava Cole is an award-winning journalist and can take on any injustice with no problem to right a wrong that is happening, but when the injustice is in her own personal life does she have that same fight in her? Clifton Edwards is a man that has a big heart but no one to share it with. When he meets Ava Cole she makes his heart skip a beat until she opens her mouth and gives him a piece of her mind!

When Ava and Cliff end up working for the same tabloid magazine it is difficult and at first very r
Katrina Burchett
Ava Cole is an award-winning journalist for an esteemed magazine. After five years on the job she is being downsized because Newswire is shutting down the investigative division. The only choice she has is to work for The National star, a tabloid magazine. Chasing after celebrities is beneath her abilities but jobs are scarce. Ava has bills that need to be paid and a sister (Mia) she takes care of, so she, as her grandmother would say, sells her soul to the devil.

Ava doesn’t have it in her heart
Monique
Ava is an award winning investigative reporter ready to move on to the next big story. That is until she discovers she is getting transferred to a gossip paper. Knowing she has bills to pay she takes the job and her life starts spiraling out of control.

But wait there is more...men - Phillip, the ex-fiancé; Julian - the fine as may wine superstar manager; and Cliff, the photographer co-worker. Who will she fall in love with and who has her on the hit list?

ReShonda steps out of her comfort zone t
Nardsbaby Reader
The Nit and the Grit

Ava Cole is a career-driven investigative journalist who has apparently stepped on some big toes as she's now receiving death threats. If that weren't bad enough, she loses her esteemed job and her fiancé in the same day. With less than a minute to grieve, she's already on a new assignment in Aruba. While she'd never dreamed of working for a tabloid, it does have its benefits. The fluff piece of covering a mega superstar's wedding turns out to be a steamy mystery bursting at
Revae
A Good Man is Hard to Find follows journalist Ava Cole as she covers a story for the National Star on music diva, India Wright's wedding in Aruba. In her coverage of the wedding, Ava finds out that there is something that India and her groom, Fredericko, are hiding. Ava will risk her life, literally, to find out what that is.
In the Author's Note at the beginning of the book, Billingsley states that she wants her regular readers to give this book a chance. When I read that, I started to get worr
Tramika  Chatfield
Sooo the title definitely had nothing to do with the story. It felt more like a Nancy Drew detective thing to me. The book was okay, it just wasn't what I expected!! A little disappointed
Krys W
Good

Good

It was a good read. I enjoyed the twists and turns. It was a very quick read though, but still good.
Stashia
a true page turner.....I couldnt put it down
Claire Wessel
This book is more potboiler than high literature, but it was relaxing and fun light reading. No need to use your brain at any point while reading this book (which was what I was looking for) but the prose was a little...juvenile? Considering how many books this author has written, I guess I would have expected it to be a bit more refined.
Chivon
I loved this book, it was a romance, but the romance was in the background and the mystery/thriller was in the foreground. It was exciting, it was different, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good book, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to read a good, clean, wholesome book with lots of excitment with a feel good ending.
Christine Pauls
I don't believe I ever posted a review on this book. ReShonda is one of my favorite authors, however, this book didn't strike me as one of her best works. I remember it took me a long time to read which is rare when it comes to her.
Chocangel521
Loved this book, had a hard time putting it down to get other things done! Finished it in 2 days. Enjoyed the mystery aspects of the book, and it wasn't as predictable as some of my other recent reads. Great book!
Sheena
This book was gooood! From the first page to the last, Billingsley had you hooked and wouldn't let you go. Characters and plot were very believable and well-developed. There aren't enough great things to say!
Christina Hanchett
I enjoyed this book. I was not expecting it to be a mystery. I just assumed that it would be another love story with a very predictable plot but I was very wrong.
Kim
Drama, suspense, sexy men, romance ...Did I say DRAMA?! I can't not wait for the next installment. Wonderful. I recommend this to anyone who loves Mystery.
Leslie
I thought I was ordering Flannery O'Connor's collection of short stories of the same name. A piece of fluff instead.
Aisha
A very easy read book. The title is deceptive. Its not a typical sappy love story by no means. But its a good read.
Kimberly
I really enjoyed the storyline. The secrets and the attractions between the characters kept the story flowing.
Towanner King
this book is good it talks about how every man can be the same and how hard it is to find the right one
Chandra
This was definitely a change from her other books, but definitely a great read!
Angela
It was fast paced and a good little story. Almost has a private detective feel to it.
Hope
Quick-paced, action-packed mystery romance. Good storyline.
Dorothy
This book was awesome from start to finish. The ending was great! :)
Kandiyam
May 19, 2011 Kandiyam rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: To everyone
Recommended to Kandiyam by: It was our monthly book club book
This was a very good book, I highly recommend this boo
Sonya Williams
Good from the beginning to end!
  • Sinners And Saints
  • Don't Tell a Soul
  • Redeeming Waters
  • Love Like Hallelujah (Hallelujah Love #2)
  • What Kind of Fool
  • Boaz Brown
  • The Choir Director
  • A Deep Dark Secret
  • Been There Prayed That (New Day Diva #2)
ReShonda Tate Billingsley is a general assignment reporter for KRIV-TV, the Fox affiliate in Houston, Texas. She is the author of the nonfiction book Help! I've Turned Into My Mother! and three previous adult novels: My Brother's Keeper, for which she received the prestigious Gold Pen Award for Best New Author from the Black Writer's Alliance and the Nova Lee Nation Award from the Greater Dallas W ...more
More about ReShonda Tate Billingsley...
I Know I've Been Changed Let the Church Say Amen Everybody Say Amen Can I Get a Witness? The Secret She Kept