Ie: Everyday Greatness
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating

Ie: Everyday Greatness

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  444 ratings  ·  68 reviews
Every issue of "Reader's Digest" features a story that exemplifies people living to their best, often through adversity and challenge. This collection of inspiring stories, the best from the "Reader's Digest "archives, are brought together with pertinent commentary from Dr. Stephen Covey to become an inspiring and life-changing resource for anyone who wants more from life....more
Paperback, 464 pages
Published January 2nd 2007 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2006)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Ie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ie

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 1,490)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
هناء يونس
من أجمل الكتب التي قرأتها في حياتي ولن أمانع في قراءته ثانية وثالثة .. الكتاب ضخم (٤٤٠ صفحة تقريبا) من الخط الصغير ومليء بالقصص الجميلة العذبة .ما أعجبني في الكتاب فكرته الرائعة التي تهدف إلى إشعار القارئ أن هناك نجاحات عظيمة يمكن تحقيقها يوميا وبالتالي لا يضطر المرء الى الانتظار سنين طوال ليحقق له إنجازا.. هناك الكثير من الانجازات التي يمكن تحقيقها يوميا.. شيء آخر لفت انتباهي وهو أني في بداية الكتاب كنت أشير بالقلم الى بعض النقاط التي وجدت فيها تشابها مع أمور معينة في ديننا ، ثم أحجمت .. رأيت ا...more
Mike
This is a wonderfully compiled book of stories with inspiration and everyday development, which borders on, if not compels us, to think about our paths in life. “Everyday Greatness” is that collection of awe-inspiring stories, some from some famous people, but for the most part, they are the stories of the common person like me. Stephen Covey, has done a wonderful job of bring the best together and putting it out there for everyone to have the opportunity to read.
This is not the type of book th...more
Melissa
David K. Hatch has compiled a collection of stories and quotes that truly provide the reader "inspiration for a meaningful life." Everyday Greatness is divided into seven examples of living a meaningful life, each example is then examined through three principles. The commentary from Stephen R. Covey introduces the three principles which illustrate an aspect of living a meaningful life. Each of the twenty-one chapters concludes with a wrap-up and questions for reflection.

Everyday Greatness is mo...more
Agnes Duncan
It's a book about the small things in life that makes a whole wold of difference and don't have to cost a dime.A very powerful book full of compassion and love.I cried a lot when I read this book and I actually went and get five other copies which I gave to friends and family.It will forever stay as one of my favorite book for gift giving.Thank you so much Stephen Covey.
Karen
From the dust jacket: "Everyday greatness has to do with character and contribution,not notoriety, wealth, fame, prestige or position." This book has short stories of everyday people who acted on higher principles, along with quotes and reflections on those qualities. A worthwhile read, and worth re-reading.
Jen
Sep 10, 2007 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking to be inspired
This book is a compilation of stories and quotes based on some wonderful principles of how to be an amazing person. I actually started a journal of inspirational quotes because there were so many incredible tidbits that I wanted to remember. It is a very easy read and a wonderful book
Harley
Great book of short stories and articles around the theme of "Everyday Greatness". Some of the articles are better than others. Disappointed that Covey's main contribution was just "tying things together", but none-the-less, great read.
Yenny
Buat Reader's Digest lover, buku ini almost perfect. Artikel-artikel true story yang penuh makna dan puluhan quote pembangkit semangat. Harganya emang lumayan mahal, tapi cocok buat koleksi krn isinya classic sepanjang jaman.
Yurik
Beautiful, Touching, Inspirational. The book is filled with exquisitely written short stories. Some good, some okay. Overall, this book is guaranteed to leave you slightly exhausted in the end.
Omar Almousa
يحتوي هذا الكتاب على قصص لأناس ناجحين بعضهم مشهورين مثل والت دزني, وبعضهم كانت لهم نجاحاتهم العظيمة بالرغم من كونها غير مشهورة.

أنصح الجميع بقراءتهلما فيه من القصص الملهمة من جميع نواحي الحياة
عصام عبد الله الطويان
كتاب ملهم فيه الكثير من القصص الناجحة
وعلى طريقة الكتب الأجنبية المترجمة في وضع القصص والاستفادة منها وتحليلها
لذيذ جداً ويستحق قيمته بجدارة
Hassan
"نجاحات عظيمة يومية" لستيفن آر كوفي كتاب مليئ بالقصص الملهمة التي تساعدنا في مواجهة المشاكل و التحديات اليومية
Pamela
Grandeza para Cada Día, es sin dudas un libro que al menos cada día debemos leer hasta que nos queden páginas. El libro cuenta de historias de personas y situaciones que les han enseñado lecciones de vida que les marcan para el resto de sus tiempos.

Este libro nos da ejemplos sobre humildad, cambios, decisiones fuertes, sobre la disciplina, que tanto nos falta a la generación de este tiempo. Nos introduce a la integridad personal.

Historia como la de una madre que al estar en un restauran le cae e...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
I love story collections and compilations. I enjoy picking up a book, reading a short story or two and coming away inspired to do better or be better.

Stephen R. Covey, along with Reader's Digest, has compiled a wonderful book full of moving stories. Everyday Greatness is a way of living, not something you do one time for fame and glory. We all have people we look up to because these individuals are simply good people with qualities we admire: hard work, respectful, dependable, kind, etc.

Stephen...more
Laura
I was pleased to get a copy of Everyday Greatness, which is a collection of stories from Reader’s Digest about people who display character and make contributions, with insights and commentary from Stephen R. Covey. The book has 7 categories containing 3 principles which can guide our choices in life. The stories under each one show times when someone was faced with a time of choice, what decision they made, and what the outcome was for the person and for others.

Stephen Covey’s introduction and...more
Taymara Jagmohan
I never was interested in the Reader's Digest, but the technique Stephen used, drew me closer.
It is a beautiful read, and it empties your soul, and prepares you to start afresh. It is the sort of olden memory that you'd like to remember, and it serves as a little mentor to my future days.
Today, as it was pouring rain drops on my head, i stepped out of the boat, and it was slippery. I was about to panic, when i remembered that fear will only cause raucous in my soul, and i instantly smiled. I cau...more
Reena
I really liked this one. It was sort of like chicken soup books, but after each story there was a set of thought provoking questions as well as quotes in relation to the topic of the section. I liked how the anecdotes were divided into categories (perseverance, integrity, teamwork, leadership, whatever). That way if I had some specific topic on the brain it was easy to just flip to that section.

Also, this book took me a very long time to read, but I also think that's the point. There is a lot o...more
Heather
Chapters are divided by admirable traits and include an introduction by Covey. They include amazing real-life stories and conclude with short & powerful quotes by great leaders. Topics include: searching for meaning, courage/discipline, integrity/humility/gratitude, vision, respect/unity, overcoming adversity (magnanimity), and balance/simplicity/renewal. A lot of the themes reminded me of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, so it was a nice refresher of important principles. Any of these q...more
Dondon Smsm
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
إسماعيل الترباني
كيف ادخل على الكتاب ؟!
Jose
Realmente las historias y citas estan bastante bien. Algunas son sencillamente demasiado melodramaticas pero otras te hacen pensar un monton. La unica razon por la que le di solo 3 estrellas es por la CANTIDAD de errores que tiene. La traduccion es terrible y hay incontables errores. La verdad si vas a traducir al espanhol, hazlo bien! Estos editores no debieron haber ganado un centavo por esto.
roland s
Akhirnya berhasil juga menyelesaikan buku setengah ribu halaman ini, hehehe...

Readers Digest dipadu dengan Stephen Covey.
Hasilnya adalah buku ini. Terdiri dari 63 kisah yang menggugah dan 500 quote yang dibagi dalam 7 bagian besar. Seperti pengantarnya buku ini berisi kisah-kisah kepahlawanan, kisah perjuangan dan kebangkitan di tengah-tengan dunia yang carut marut.

Great book.
May
There are some fantastic stories to inspire everyday greatness. I tend to read books quickly, but this is not the kind of book you want to do this with. Instead, I suspect the hard back is good to have and take in a chapter or a few stories a day to help inspire the positive traits this book is all about reminding you that you have the possibility to exude.

Daniel G.
Something about the beautiful simplicity of this book — stories from Reader's Digest illustrating principles taught in "The 7 Habits" — makes this my favorite Stephen R Covey book. Rather than Dr Covey lecturing us from the pages, he provides a brief introduction and lets the stories do the heartwarming teaching. Kind of "Chicken Soup" meets "The 7 Habits".
Amrutha
The book is a collection of 63 inspiring stories published by Reader's Digest(RD). I like the kind of stories/articles/jokes/quotes published in RD, which is why I pick up the book in the first place. And the book totally lived up to my expectations. I found some touching stories, some inspiring and some that truly made me reflect on my behaviour.
Jana bahhah
و أخيرا انتهيت من قراءة الكتاب بعد سنين من اقتناءه
رائع بمعنى الكلمة . بعد كا فترة وفترة أقرأه منه قليلا و يأثر في نمط حالي و يومي
في الحقيقة لم أجد في حياتي أمتع من القراءة و كهذا كتاب فهو محفز في الحياة
في إحدى شتاتي وجدت به ضالتي , ثبتني على بعض الأمورالتي أقر بها . قد أعود لقرائته في محطات حياتي! .
Craig
Hmm, not really what I expected for a Covey book, it's mostly a bunch of short stories collected together like a Chicken Soup book with some quotes and overviews. Nothing that I would consider to be inspirational as a whole but a couple of good short stories to read.
Haneen Najeh
ان ارتكبت اخطاء حتى وان كانت طيرة فهناك دوما فرصة اخرى امامك ان ما نطلق عليه فشلا ليس السقوط الى اسفل بل هو ان تبقى "حيث سقطت
a wonderful book to be read it has a lot of helpful ideas to use in our daily life as well as many interesting stories
Paul Hoffman
I liked the fact that the book is predominantly anecdotes from others, many of whom are famous. They are interesting and inspiring stories. Each chapter stands on its own. I also enjoyed the list of quotes at the end of each chapter.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 49 50 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • 7 Habits of Happy Kids [With Earbuds]
  • قطار التقدم مبادئ وأساليب للتغيير الشخصي
  • University of Success
  • صناعة القائد
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Living Your Dreams
  • 50 Success Classics: Winning Wisdom for Work & Life from 50 Landmark Books
  • Thomas Jefferson Education for Teens
  • New Psycho-Cybernetics
  • Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills that Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed
  • Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word
  • The Secret: What Great Leaders Know - And Do
  • الثقة والاعتزاز بالنفس
  • Today Matters: 12 Daily Practices to Guarantee Tomorrow's Success
  • Prelude to Glory, Vol. 9: By the Dawn's Early Light
  • Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude
  • Discovering Isaac: The Beloved Potter of Niederbipp (Remembering Isaac, #2)
  • I Walked to Zion: True Stories of Young Pioneers on the Mormon Trail
  • Hometown Girl (Butterfly Box, #2)
1538
Stephen Richards Covey was the author of the best-selling book, "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". Other books he wrote include "First Things First", "Principle-Centered Leadership", and "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families". In 2004, Covey released "The 8th Habit". In 2008, Covey released "The Leader In Me—How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One...more
More about Stephen R. Covey...
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change First Things First Principle Centered Leadership The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families

Share This Book

“تمتلئ الطرق المؤدية إلى النجاح بالإستراحات المغرية، حيث يمكن أن يتسبب الكسل في نسف وإخفاق أفضل الأحلام” 17 likes
More quotes…