Start by marking “Ie: Everyday Greatness” as Want to Read:
Ie: Everyday Greatness

Ie: Everyday Greatness

Every issue of "Reader's Digest" features a story that exemplifies people living to their best, often through adversity and challenge. This collection of inspiring stories, the best from the "Reader's Digest "archives, are brought together with pertinent commentary from Dr. Stephen Covey to become an inspiring and life-changing resource for anyone who wants more from life. ...more
Published January 2nd 2007 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Ie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ie

هناء يونس
من أجمل الكتب التي قرأتها في حياتي ولن أمانع في قراءته ثانية وثالثة .. الكتاب ضخم ( صفحة تقريبا) من الخط الصغير ومليء بالقصص الجميلة العذبة .ما أعجبني في الكتاب فكرته الرائعة التي تهدف إلى إشعار القارئ أن هناك نجاحات عظيمة يمكن تحقيقها يوميا وبالتالي لا يضطر المرء الى الانتظار سنين طوال ليحقق له إنجازا.. هناك الكثير من الانجازات التي يمكن تحقيقها يوميا.. شيء آخر لفت انتباهي وهو أني في بداية الكتاب كنت أشير بالقلم الى بعض النقاط التي وجدت فيها تشابها مع أمور معينة في ديننا ، ثم أحجمت .. رأيت المف ...more
عمرو  عزازي
كتاب عظيم

الحياة ليست سهلة على أي حال .. و كثير مما نسمعه أو نقرؤه اليوم يسبب القلق و الإزعاج .. و قد تحتاج من آن لآخر لما قد يرفع روحك المعنوية و لو قليلا

Aug 18, 2009 Mike rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderfully compiled book of stories with inspiration and everyday development, which borders on, if not compels us, to think about our paths in life. “Everyday Greatness” is that collection of awe-inspiring stories, some from some famous people, but for the most part, they are the stories of the common person like me. Stephen Covey, has done a wonderful job of bring the best together and putting it out there for everyone to have the opportunity to read.
This is not the type of book th
Aug 26, 2015 Hassan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"نجاحات عظيمة يومية" لستيفن آر كوفي كتاب مليئ بالقصص الملهمة التي تساعدنا في مواجهة المشاكل و التحديات اليومية
Apr 16, 2010 Missy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David K. Hatch has compiled a collection of stories and quotes that truly provide the reader "inspiration for a meaningful life." Everyday Greatness is divided into seven examples of living a meaningful life, each example is then examined through three principles. The commentary from Stephen R. Covey introduces the three principles which illustrate an aspect of living a meaningful life. Each of the twenty-one chapters concludes with a wrap-up and questions for reflection.

Everyday Greatness is mo
Floris Wolswijk
Jan 02, 2015 Floris Wolswijk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyday Greatness: Inspiration for a meaningful life by Stephen R. Covey is a compilation of inspiring stories that center around three choices. The stories are compelling and heartfelt, sometimes about world changers, others about personal heroes.

The three choices are 1) to act – to activate the energy inside you, 2) of purpose – giving direction to your energy, and 3) for principles – the means for attaining your goals. These are incorporated into each story, whom are grouped together with th
Agnes Duncan
Nov 06, 2009 Agnes Duncan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a book about the small things in life that makes a whole wold of difference and don't have to cost a dime.A very powerful book full of compassion and love.I cried a lot when I read this book and I actually went and get five other copies which I gave to friends and family.It will forever stay as one of my favorite book for gift giving.Thank you so much Stephen Covey.
Feb 09, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the dust jacket: "Everyday greatness has to do with character and contribution,not notoriety, wealth, fame, prestige or position." This book has short stories of everyday people who acted on higher principles, along with quotes and reflections on those qualities. A worthwhile read, and worth re-reading.
Sep 10, 2007 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking to be inspired
This book is a compilation of stories and quotes based on some wonderful principles of how to be an amazing person. I actually started a journal of inspirational quotes because there were so many incredible tidbits that I wanted to remember. It is a very easy read and a wonderful book
Aug 24, 2011 Harley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book of short stories and articles around the theme of "Everyday Greatness". Some of the articles are better than others. Disappointed that Covey's main contribution was just "tying things together", but none-the-less, great read.
Mar 20, 2008 Yenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Buat Reader's Digest lover, buku ini almost perfect. Artikel-artikel true story yang penuh makna dan puluhan quote pembangkit semangat. Harganya emang lumayan mahal, tapi cocok buat koleksi krn isinya classic sepanjang jaman.
Omar Almousa
Mar 17, 2011 Omar Almousa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
يحتوي هذا الكتاب على قصص لأناس ناجحين بعضهم مشهورين مثل والت دزني, وبعضهم كانت لهم نجاحاتهم العظيمة بالرغم من كونها غير مشهورة.

أنصح الجميع بقراءتهلما فيه من القصص الملهمة من جميع نواحي الحياة
عصام عبد الله الطويان
كتاب ملهم فيه الكثير من القصص الناجحة
وعلى طريقة الكتب الأجنبية المترجمة في وضع القصص والاستفادة منها وتحليلها
لذيذ جداً ويستحق قيمته بجدارة
Bashar Abushaban

الناجحون في حياتهم اليومية هم أولائك الذين يمكن الاعتماد عليهم في النزاهة والمثابرة واحترام الآخرين، والذين ليسو بحاجة لمحاكاة أشخاص آخرين مثل «غاندي» أو «مانديلا»، ليحققوا النجاح.

الكاتب الامريكي "ستيفن كوفي" هو سقراط امريكا، دائما ما يفتح عقلك لأشياء ثابتة لاتتغير من لم يقرأ له فاته الكثييييير
أي شخص يقرأ هذا الكتاب سيدرك مدى سبب رد فعلي حينما ذكرت انه سقراط امريكا
هو عبارة عن مجموعة من المقالات المجمعة من المجلة الأمريكية الشهيرة “ريدرز دايجست”، كتبها ستيفن آر كوفي صاحب كتاب “العادات السبع للنا
May 14, 2012 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Grandeza para Cada Día, es sin dudas un libro que al menos cada día debemos leer hasta que nos queden páginas. El libro cuenta de historias de personas y situaciones que les han enseñado lecciones de vida que les marcan para el resto de sus tiempos.

Este libro nos da ejemplos sobre humildad, cambios, decisiones fuertes, sobre la disciplina, que tanto nos falta a la generación de este tiempo. Nos introduce a la integridad personal.

Historia como la de una madre que al estar en un restauran le cae e
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
I love story collections and compilations. I enjoy picking up a book, reading a short story or two and coming away inspired to do better or be better.

Stephen R. Covey, along with Reader's Digest, has compiled a wonderful book full of moving stories. Everyday Greatness is a way of living, not something you do one time for fame and glory. We all have people we look up to because these individuals are simply good people with qualities we admire: hard work, respectful, dependable, kind, etc.

menna manona
Sep 13, 2015 menna manona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب لكاتب مختلف بيغير فيك وف طريقه حياتك على مدار قرايتك لكتابه ..منكرش اني اتأثرت بموضوع البساطه والوقت ولاول مره استمتع بأجازه جمعه وسبت كده ،لاني ببساطه سمعت كلامه وقدرت قيمه اللحظه وعيشتها مش بس حسبت فاضل قد ايه والاجازه تخلص
كتاب بيخليك تقدر قيمه الحياه ،التفاصيل الصغيره والانتصارات الصغيره الللي هتغير ف اسلوب حياتك هيا انتصارات شخصيه على اسلوب العصر المعتمد على الجري ..الجري بأقصي سرعه وفأوقات كتير بدون هدف وبدون وجهه
لو قريت العادات السبعه هتثق ف رأيي ولو لسه جرب واقراه وابدا مش ملل او م
Aug 07, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tnbrb
I was pleased to get a copy of Everyday Greatness, which is a collection of stories from Reader’s Digest about people who display character and make contributions, with insights and commentary from Stephen R. Covey. The book has 7 categories containing 3 principles which can guide our choices in life. The stories under each one show times when someone was faced with a time of choice, what decision they made, and what the outcome was for the person and for others.

Stephen Covey’s introduction and
Taymara Jagmohan
Jan 02, 2012 Taymara Jagmohan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never was interested in the Reader's Digest, but the technique Stephen used, drew me closer.
It is a beautiful read, and it empties your soul, and prepares you to start afresh. It is the sort of olden memory that you'd like to remember, and it serves as a little mentor to my future days.
Today, as it was pouring rain drops on my head, i stepped out of the boat, and it was slippery. I was about to panic, when i remembered that fear will only cause raucous in my soul, and i instantly smiled. I cau
Lim Jie
Sep 22, 2015 Lim Jie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a beautiful read. It is inspiring. It is made me want to continuously read the next and the following page. The is the book that can change lives. Do read!
Parag Patel
Sep 21, 2016 Parag Patel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my most favorite books ever. The stories are simple, profound and thoughtful all at once.
Aug 03, 2014 Reena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. It was sort of like chicken soup books, but after each story there was a set of thought provoking questions as well as quotes in relation to the topic of the section. I liked how the anecdotes were divided into categories (perseverance, integrity, teamwork, leadership, whatever). That way if I had some specific topic on the brain it was easy to just flip to that section.

Also, this book took me a very long time to read, but I also think that's the point. There is a lot o
Jul 09, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very inspiring book. Would be a great gift for a graduate.
Mar 04, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chapters are divided by admirable traits and include an introduction by Covey. They include amazing real-life stories and conclude with short & powerful quotes by great leaders. Topics include: searching for meaning, courage/discipline, integrity/humility/gratitude, vision, respect/unity, overcoming adversity (magnanimity), and balance/simplicity/renewal. A lot of the themes reminded me of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, so it was a nice refresher of important principles. Any of these q ...more
Dondon Smsm
إسماعيل الترباني
كيف ادخل على الكتاب ؟!
Aug 08, 2012 Jose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Realmente las historias y citas estan bastante bien. Algunas son sencillamente demasiado melodramaticas pero otras te hacen pensar un monton. La unica razon por la que le di solo 3 estrellas es por la CANTIDAD de errores que tiene. La traduccion es terrible y hay incontables errores. La verdad si vas a traducir al espanhol, hazlo bien! Estos editores no debieron haber ganado un centavo por esto.
roland zoe
Mar 02, 2016 roland zoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: philosophy
Akhirnya berhasil juga menyelesaikan buku setengah ribu halaman ini, hehehe...

Readers Digest dipadu dengan Stephen Covey.
Hasilnya adalah buku ini. Terdiri dari 63 kisah yang menggugah dan 500 quote yang dibagi dalam 7 bagian besar. Seperti pengantarnya buku ini berisi kisah-kisah kepahlawanan, kisah perjuangan dan kebangkitan di tengah-tengan dunia yang carut marut.

Great book.
David Barney
Feb 07, 2016 David Barney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book that gives suggestions to have a better life. Good stories from everyday living.
Sep 18, 2016 May rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
There are some fantastic stories to inspire everyday greatness. I tend to read books quickly, but this is not the kind of book you want to do this with. Instead, I suspect the hard back is good to have and take in a chapter or a few stories a day to help inspire the positive traits this book is all about reminding you that you have the possibility to exude.

• The 7 Habits of Happy Kids
  • University of Success
  • Developing the Leader Within You / Developing the Leaders Around You (Signature Edition, 2 Best-selling Books in 1 Volume)
  • قطار التقدم مبادئ وأساليب للتغيير الشخصي
  • Organizing from the Inside Out for Teens: The Foolproof System for Organizing Your Room, Your Time, and Your Life
  • What Matters Most: The Power of Living Your Values
  • صناعة القائد
  • 50 Success Classics: Winning Wisdom For Work & Life From 50 Landmark Books
  • Martha Washington: America's First Lady
  • A More Perfect Union: The Story of Our Constitution
  • You Want Women to Vote, Lizzie Stanton?
  • Brave: 50 Everyday Acts of Courage to Thrive in Work, Love, and Life
  • Create Your Own Future: How to Master the 12 Critical Factors of Unlimited Success
  • I Walked to Zion: True Stories of Young Pioneers on the Mormon Trail
  • Fish! For Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams
  • The Awakening Course: The Secret to Solving All Problems
  • Simpleology: The Simple Science of Getting What You Want
  • Change Your Life in 30 Days: A Journey to Finding Your True Self
Stephen Richards Covey was the author of the best-selling book, "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". Other books he wrote include "First Things First", "Principle-Centered Leadership", and "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families". In 2004, Covey released "The 8th Habit". In 2008, Covey released "The Leader In Me—How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One ...more
More about Stephen R. Covey...

“تمتلئ الطرق المؤدية إلى النجاح بالإستراحات المغرية، حيث يمكن أن يتسبب الكسل في نسف وإخفاق أفضل الأحلام” 22 likes