Start by marking “My Big Truck Book” as Want to Read:
My Big Truck Book

My Big Truck Book (Priddy Books Big Ideas for Little People)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  25 reviews
This is the perfect book for kids who love trucks. On the big, sturdy board pages, they'll discover bright, bold photographs of all different kinds of trucks, from farm trucks to fire trucks to construction vehicles. Each has their name written underneath, so that children can learn what they're called, build their truck vocabulary, and start to develop word and picture as ...more
Board Book, 12 pages
Published May 10th 2011 by Priddy Books (first published May 10th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about My Big Truck Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Truck Book

This book is part of Devin's favorite series (we have My Big World Book, and My Big Animal Book too). When we were in Borders today (yay for store closing clearance!), Devin saw this book sitting on display and actually shrieked the book's full name even though we'd never seen it before. He asked so nicely if he could have it (and it was on clearance!!!), that we bought it. He happily carried it around the store, and anytime we stopped to look at other books he sat down next to Seth's stroller a ...more
Sandra Strange
This one's a large size board book of see-point-identify trucks in clear, realistic illustrations, (which means it will date easily since the trucks are all contemporary). Most little boys will enjoy some sit down with mom or grandpa or some other meaningful adult and interact together over these interesting pictures of many, many big vehicles.
Not the most thrilling book for an adult to sit and read with a child but if you have a vehicle loving kiddo he/she will LOVE it!
All the stars represent how much Trent loves this series of books.
Who knew little boys could memorize the names of so many trucks?
Jennifer Heise
My son read and looked at this probably a million times from the age of 1 to the age of 3. We read the simplified label text (sometimes skipping), identified the trucks, answered the questions in each 2 page spread. Just long enough to distract a toddler without making the non-truck parent's brains liquefy, and the big bright pictures can sometimes satisfy the child viewing them without accompanying narration.
Note that some of the farm trucks are wierdly identified. (Combine Harvester, please..
Gabe's favorite book so far.
Nov 22, 2008 Amie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all little boys, or children who love trucks
Shelves: childrens
This is such a great book! My 21 month old son is obsessed with trucks and tractors, and this book is his absolute favorite. It is a big book first of all, and the pictures are of real trucks, not drawings of them. He actually knows every single truck in this book, and can now point them out when we see them on the street. This is a must have for any child who loves trucks!
May 27, 2008 ABC rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: toddlers
Shelves: younger-kids
This book has lots of photos of trucks, labeled with what they are called. There is a question at the bottom of each page, for example: "Which truck can dig a giant hole?"

This book is a little too simplistic and would be better if it gave more information about the trucks. Then it would "grow" better with a child.
Dec 10, 2007 Danielle rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents of infants
Shelves: children
Another Justin favorite. He will go after this book if it is sitting out--and I've had to put it out of sight after reading it so that he can go to sleep. I really like the questions on the bottom of each page that will start a dialogue about the book when he starts to develop speech.
Finn Pennekamp

Seriously, this book is my new obsession. I read it for about an hour a day. Garbage trucks, fire trucks, construction trucks... I know them ALL!!!

It NEVER gets old. This is a masterpiece. Run out and read it today.

Thanks Aunt Michelle!
Mar 21, 2007 Christine rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Toddlers
This book is absolutely the best thing for little kids. The big bright pictures are wonderful to look at and you can make lots of loud machine sounds to go with it. My son and his friends all love it. I've given a copy to every kid on our birthday list.
As a toddler my nephew took great delight in viewing the pictures of the trucks he was easily able to identify during car rides.
Lots of pictures of all kinds of trucks, mostly just pointing out stuff. Funny to hear Sam say "backhoe" for some reason.
Sarah Jensen
This is a very simple book with lots of pictures of different trucks. My son LOVES this book, so I love this book. :-)
My son loved this book. He's super into trucks right now, and he was super excited through the whole read.
I've read this book every night for the past three months. My proxy voter gives it five stars.
Brady's favorite book right now! It's a real page turner...ha ha
Well, the child seems to love it but omg it's dull.
I like this book for all the bold photographs of trucks.
Again - great for learning - Eli loves this book
Kathryn Cooper
Many different trucks in different categories.
Review supplied by my grandson
One of Isaac's favorties!
John added it
Nov 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Trains
  • Eight Silly Monkeys
  • Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks from A to Z
  • Miss Mary Mack
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC (Beginner Books B-30)
  • Roadwork
  • What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites
  • Open the Barn Door, Find a Cow (A Chunky Book(R))
  • Babies
  • So Many Bunnies: A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book
  • You Are My Sunshine
  • Hush Little Baby
  • Giant Treasury of Peter Rabbit
  • Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night?
  • Dinosaur Dig!
  • I'm Dirty!
  • That's Not My Monkey...
  • Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo
Roger Priddy left school at 16 with just one qualification—in art. He went to Berkshire College of Art and Design and trained as an illustrator. His first job in children’s books was working with the publisher Peter Usborne, at Usborne Publishing, and then he worked with Peter Kindersley at Dorling Kindersley, where he spent 16 years. Priddy became Creative Director of DK’s Children’s Division and ...more
More about Roger Priddy...

Priddy Books Big Ideas for Little People (10 books)
  • My Big Animal Book
  • My Big Animal and World Book: For Kids Who Really Love Animals and the World!
  • My Big Book of Everything
  • My Big Dinosaur Book
  • My Big Farm Book
  • My Big Rescue Book
  • My Big Train Book
  • My Big Word Book (casebound)
  • My Big World Book