Start by marking “Vampire Awakening” as Want to Read:
Vampire Awakening

Vampire Awakening (The Vampire Oracle)

The truth may set her free but there's no guarantee she'll recover.

Abby Douglas has lived in the dark for six months. Until a mysterious package and a voice in a dream spark a chain of events she didn't see coming. To futher complicate matters, a lethally stunning stranger walks into her life and awakens desires inside her that run deep. Now she has to decide how much she'
Published March 25th 2012 by Gypsy Ink Books (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Awakening

Monique ~ Sinfully
Well.....I want me a dominant, Harley ridin cowboy with a hot southern accent who also happens to be a vampire:) Failing that I'll just have the guy on the cover!!! Loved the book, once started I couldn't put it down. Would love a full length novel Eliza???
Liz at Fictional Candy
This book was a whole lot of story packed into less than a hundred pages! I loved it!

Abby works in a bar as a waitress and a singer. Abby has amnesia. Abby is waiting for her memories to return when she is ready, as her doctor claims they will. Abby has an instant attraction to Caleb, roughly similar to a jet fuel fire.

Caleb is a vampire. Caleb is on a mission. Caleb goes to the bar and he sets his eyes on Abby. Caleb must have her. Caleb will have her. But first Caleb has to save Abby, and Abby
Yui
May 28, 2012 Yui rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This novel started pretty good. The build-up regarding the female lead's secret is done so well I over-assumed things and ended up being disappointed. It could have been saved if not for the callous way everyone else (except perhaps the 'villain') handle the "accident" that caused the heroine her loss memory. I know it was a tragic accident and it's not entirely the heroine's fault and yes, I may have reacted the same if it happens to me but to brush it off and cheapen the tragedy by not spendin ...more
Brandi
Mar 30, 2012 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really want to give this 4.5 stars but seems GR won't let me!

First off, where can I get myself a Caleb Barrett? Bloodsucker or not, I'll take two. ( What a book THAT would make! )

So here we have the story of Abby, who's lost her memories, as a barmaid/sultry singer who is unknowingly in danger. Enter super stud, I mean cowboy/vampire/Dom Caleb who's on a mission to find a rogue vamp. I really really liked both characters. Both were complex enough for you to invest in them, and complemented one
Wendy Gregory
Mar 28, 2012 Wendy Gregory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! A sexy vampire that happens to be a cowboy, rides a motorcycle, and is very Alpha/Dom. It was fast paced and once I started reading I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book and author.
Amyj
Mar 29, 2012 Amyj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rock'n Sex, Vampires, and a Harley whats not to love! Now add in love and you have another great book from Eliza! Abby & Caleb's story grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't put the book down! <3 IT!!!!
Dar
I enjoyed the story, it just seemed a bit rushed or part was missing, not sure which, but it didn't entirely click for me
Franjessca
Book Review also posted on Book Lovin Mamas

I came across "Vampire Awakening" while surfing Facebook one day and thought I check it out. =)
Little background on "Vampire Awakening": Abby Douglas lost her memory 6 months ago. She has no idea what happened to her and why she has a photo that may help her remember. She wants to find out what happened to her. Here comes, Caleb, one day who is a mysterious stranger who is on a mission to find a vampire. The vampire he's looking for has become destructi
Crystal Guidroz
The truth may set her free but there’s no guarantee she’ll recover.

Abby Douglas has lived in the dark for six months. Until a mysterious package and a voice in a dream spark a chain of events she didn’t see coming. To futher complicate matters, a lethally stunning stranger walks into her life and awakens erotic needs inside her that run deep. Now she has to decide how much she’ll give up to unlock her memories.

Caleb Barrett, a vampire on a mission, pursues Abby while on the hunt for a homicidal
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
2.5 Stars

Abby has lost her memories. It seems like hear life only started 6 months ago when she was found passed out in her car, but on the same day that a photo of a mysterious woman with her eyes arrives in the post, so does Caleb. He is drop dead gorgeous and Abby can't seem to stop her reaction to him, but is there more to Caleb then what she thinks, was his arrival a coincidence?

This was only a very short story, so I feel maybe I am judging it harshly, it had all the components of a great
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Quick review:
HOT DAMN!!!!

full review
My summary of this book will be short. As it was a short book and I don’t want to giveaway to much. This was a great, hot, sexy quick read. I think I knocked this book out in just little over an hour.

I really enjoyed this story. I loved Caleb. He is smokin' hot!! Totally bad-ass kind of hero that completely knocks the socks off Abby. From the moment these two meet not thing will ever be the same for either of them. If only Caleb can keep Abby safe.

Now, if
Emily Guido
Jul 01, 2013 Emily Guido rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book Vampire Awakening by Eliza Gayle was a wonderful vampire erotica romance novel.

Abby was a strong character and intriguing.

But Caleb... he was how you think a man should be. In some ways over-powering, some ways gentle, and some ways just all over sexy! I don't know how else to describe it!

It was a book that left me wanting more of Caleb! I loved the way he talked and was portrayed in the novel.

Ms. Gayle has a fluidity in this novel which a lot of erotica novels don't have.

I would r
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Light erotica more like it

This is a pretty short stary about a woman who loses her memory & starts a new life after an accident. She's working in a roadside bar & meets Caleb... A vampire.

This was really good until near the end. The writing style was great & descriptive. The story was good & original, I just feel like the author felt almost rushed to sum it all up in the end. It could have been longer & dragged out more. It kind of needed to be to make a better story.

It was
Leslee Anderson
Caleb and Abby are passionate and intense. Their coupling is amazing and erotic. Abby's memory loss isn't easy on her and Caleb is desperate to find out her secrets. I wish the book was longer so you could understand who the coven is and why Abby is important but those questions aren't answered. You discover why she loses her memory and that is truly a sad state. I enjoyed the characters as well as the complete story. The characters have unique back stories which makes you crave more. Great fast ...more
Jamian
Jul 13, 2013 Jamian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the main plot of the story & the heat between the main characters but I felt there were too many unanswered or quickly wrapped up sub plots. Perhaps I didn't catch all the hints but I was at a loss as to how Brian played into the story & I felt Russell's twist to the story was huge and it got resolved way too quickly. With all the sub plots I got the impression that this story could have been longer or broken into two parts. Always enjoy stories from Ms. Gayle, I just fo ...more
Michelle Tempted By Books
A steamy vampire romance. Abby, lost her memory and has just received a picture in the mail that may hold the keys to her past. Caleb is a vampire on a mission to stop a killer until he finds Abby. The attraction is instant and HOT. This is a well written mild BDSM vampire erotic romance. I would certainly give this author another look. The issue that kept this book from a higher rating was editing. There are a LOT of mistakes that can easily be fixed.
Mary Morstan
Honestly, it was very well written. Hot sex scenes, if a bit repetitive. I just felt *really* bad for the villain, and the way he was treated turned the hero and heroine into really unattractive characters for me. It could be just me -- too much empathy. Having just read the book, my one lingering thought is "hope the villain finds some peace." Not "hope the hero and heroine are happy together."
Pete
May 29, 2012 Pete rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was great read. I like sultry erotic singers that can attach to a bike riding cowboy who's a vampire. Abby and Caleb's story was fast, fun, and full of hot luvin.
I, like other reviewers steamed through this quick read.
Christina Davis
May 31, 2012 Christina Davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great quick read at only 97 ebook pages. I liked the lead up to the secrets Abby was keeping, but I was almost disappointed because I thought it would be more. I also quickly fell in love with Caleb- such a great character!
Debbie
I loved This book!!! I read it pretty much in one day! Eliza Gayle has a new fan in me for sure!
Tawnya
Sep 13, 2014 Tawnya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good vampire book. It had an edge of mystery and plenty of steamy scenes to keep the pages turning.
Juliana Chen
the story was good, but i think there's something not fully developed, which I cannot grab it right. over all it just ok.
Mitzi
Free Kindle Book May 26, 2012.
Suzee
Sep 20, 2012 Suzee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty good, quick light read, but still full of passion and a decent story. I justed wanted a continuation book.
Debbie Chittenden
What an amazing short by Eliza Gayle. I love love love vampire books of any kind and I found "Vampire Awakening" uniquely entertaining. It would make a great series.
Pam
Jul 23, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caleb is everything anyone could want in a vampire. He is dark, brooding, dominate, rides a Harley-Davidson, and very, very skilled in bed. This book was a fast, hot, and fun read.
Kbee
So---So. Not bad but not that good. No new things we already know about vamps.
Samie Kauchis
Lots of editing issues in this book, and the writing is sub-par at best... Despite this it was an entertaining short story.
Tabatha
Tabatha rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2011
Marishka
Marishka rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Shifting Winds (Tales of the Darkworld, #1)
  • Commando Cowboys Capture Their Mate (Wyoming Warriors, #1)
  • The Riding Crop (Riding Crop #1)
  • Seduced by Blood
  • Tears of the Dragon (Dragonshifters, #1)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Awakening
  • Harker's Journey (Dalakis Passion, #1)
  • WereSlave (Were Legends, #1)
  • Perfect Formation
  • Center (Center of Earth and Sky, #1 & #2)
  • Date Night (Hidden, #3.5)
  • Carinian's Seeker (Vampire Council of Ethics, #1)
  • Virgin Sacrifice (Bred to the Beast: The Virgin Trilogy, #2)
  • Dearest Stepbrother: Double Trouble #4
  • Leather and Lace (The Callens #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Betting on Love

GRAB the first three books in my Southern Shifters series at a special price. Click
here

After growing up in the South and dividing my time between Florida and North Carolina, I decided that 2012 would be my year for change. I rented out my house on the East Coast and convinced my family to join me for a wacky trip across the country. Now I write my romance books from a small island in the P
More about Eliza Gayle...

The Vampire Oracle (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Birth (The Vampire Oracle)
  • Vampire Oracle: Chalice
  • Lust (The Vampire Oracle)
  • Sacrifice (The Vampire Oracle)
  • Love
  • The Vampire Oracle: Shadow
  • Death
  • Tomb (The Vampire Oracle)
  • Rebirth (The Vampire Oracle)
  • Wisdom (The Vampire Oracle)