Vampire Awakening

Vampire Awakening (The Vampire Oracle)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The truth may set her free but there’s no guarantee she’ll recover.

Published March 25th 2012 by Gypsy Ink Books (first published November 1st 2009)

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Well.....I want me a dominant, Harley ridin cowboy with a hot southern accent who also happens to be a vampire:) Failing that I'll just have the guy on the cover!!! Loved the book, once started I couldn't put it down. Would love a full length novel Eliza???
Liz at Fictional Candy
This book was a whole lot of story packed into less than a hundred pages! I loved it!

Abby works in a bar as a waitress and a singer. Abby has amnesia. Abby is waiting for her memories to return when she is ready, as her doctor claims they will. Abby has an instant attraction to Caleb, roughly similar to a jet fuel fire.

Caleb is a vampire. Caleb is on a mission. Caleb goes to the bar and he sets his eyes on Abby. Caleb must have her. Caleb will have her. But first Caleb has to save Abby, and Abby...more
Yui
This novel started pretty good. The build-up regarding the female lead's secret is done so well I over-assumed things and ended up being disappointed. It could have been saved if not for the callous way everyone else (except perhaps the 'villain') handle the "accident" that caused the heroine her loss memory. I know it was a tragic accident and it's not entirely the heroine's fault and yes, I may have reacted the same if it happens to me but to brush it off and cheapen the tragedy by not spendin...more
Brandi
I really want to give this 4.5 stars but seems GR won't let me!

First off, where can I get myself a Caleb Barrett? Bloodsucker or not, I'll take two. ( What a book THAT would make! )

So here we have the story of Abby, who's lost her memories, as a barmaid/sultry singer who is unknowingly in danger. Enter super stud, I mean cowboy/vampire/Dom Caleb who's on a mission to find a rogue vamp. I really really liked both characters. Both were complex enough for you to invest in them, and complemented one...more
Wendy Gregory
I loved this book! A sexy vampire that happens to be a cowboy, rides a motorcycle, and is very Alpha/Dom. It was fast paced and once I started reading I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book and author.
Amyj
Rock'n Sex, Vampires, and a Harley whats not to love! Now add in love and you have another great book from Eliza! Abby & Caleb's story grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't put the book down! <3 IT!!!!
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
2.5 Stars

Abby has lost her memories. It seems like hear life only started 6 months ago when she was found passed out in her car, but on the same day that a photo of a mysterious woman with her eyes arrives in the post, so does Caleb. He is drop dead gorgeous and Abby can't seem to stop her reaction to him, but is there more to Caleb then what she thinks, was his arrival a coincidence?

This was only a very short story, so I feel maybe I am judging it harshly, it had all the components of a great...more
Franjessca
Book Review also posted on Book Lovin Mamas

I came across "Vampire Awakening" while surfing Facebook one day and thought I check it out. =)
Little background on "Vampire Awakening": Abby Douglas lost her memory 6 months ago. She has no idea what happened to her and why she has a photo that may help her remember. She wants to find out what happened to her. Here comes, Caleb, one day who is a mysterious stranger who is on a mission to find a vampire. The vampire he's looking for has become destructi...more
Crystal
The truth may set her free but there’s no guarantee she’ll recover.

Abby Douglas has lived in the dark for six months. Until a mysterious package and a voice in a dream spark a chain of events she didn’t see coming. To futher complicate matters, a lethally stunning stranger walks into her life and awakens erotic needs inside her that run deep. Now she has to decide how much she’ll give up to unlock her memories.

Caleb Barrett, a vampire on a mission, pursues Abby while on the hunt for a homicidal...more
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Quick review:
HOT DAMN!!!!

full review
My summary of this book will be short. As it was a short book and I don’t want to giveaway to much. This was a great, hot, sexy quick read. I think I knocked this book out in just little over an hour.

I really enjoyed this story. I loved Caleb. He is smokin' hot!! Totally bad-ass kind of hero that completely knocks the socks off Abby. From the moment these two meet not thing will ever be the same for either of them. If only Caleb can keep Abby safe.

Now, if...more
Emily Guido
This book Vampire Awakening by Eliza Gayle was a wonderful vampire erotica romance novel.

Abby was a strong character and intriguing.

But Caleb... he was how you think a man should be. In some ways over-powering, some ways gentle, and some ways just all over sexy! I don't know how else to describe it!

It was a book that left me wanting more of Caleb! I loved the way he talked and was portrayed in the novel.

Ms. Gayle has a fluidity in this novel which a lot of erotica novels don't have.

I would r...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Light erotica more like it

This is a pretty short stary about a woman who loses her memory & starts a new life after an accident. She's working in a roadside bar & meets Caleb... A vampire.

This was really good until near the end. The writing style was great & descriptive. The story was good & original, I just feel like the author felt almost rushed to sum it all up in the end. It could have been longer & dragged out more. It kind of needed to be to make a better story.

It was...more
Jamian
I really enjoyed the main plot of the story & the heat between the main characters but I felt there were too many unanswered or quickly wrapped up sub plots. Perhaps I didn't catch all the hints but I was at a loss as to how Brian played into the story & I felt Russell's twist to the story was huge and it got resolved way too quickly. With all the sub plots I got the impression that this story could have been longer or broken into two parts. Always enjoy stories from Ms. Gayle, I just fo...more
Michelle Tempted By Books
A steamy vampire romance. Abby, lost her memory and has just received a picture in the mail that may hold the keys to her past. Caleb is a vampire on a mission to stop a killer until he finds Abby. The attraction is instant and HOT. This is a well written mild BDSM vampire erotic romance. I would certainly give this author another look. The issue that kept this book from a higher rating was editing. There are a LOT of mistakes that can easily be fixed.
Mary Morstan
Honestly, it was very well written. Hot sex scenes, if a bit repetitive. I just felt *really* bad for the villain, and the way he was treated turned the hero and heroine into really unattractive characters for me. It could be just me -- too much empathy. Having just read the book, my one lingering thought is "hope the villain finds some peace." Not "hope the hero and heroine are happy together."
Christina Davis
This is a great quick read at only 97 ebook pages. I liked the lead up to the secrets Abby was keeping, but I was almost disappointed because I thought it would be more. I also quickly fell in love with Caleb- such a great character!
Pete
This was great read. I like sultry erotic singers that can attach to a bike riding cowboy who's a vampire. Abby and Caleb's story was fast, fun, and full of hot luvin.
I, like other reviewers steamed through this quick read.
Pam
Caleb is everything anyone could want in a vampire. He is dark, brooding, dominate, rides a Harley-Davidson, and very, very skilled in bed. This book was a fast, hot, and fun read.
Juliana Chen
the story was good, but i think there's something not fully developed, which I cannot grab it right. over all it just ok.
Samie Kauchis
Lots of editing issues in this book, and the writing is sub-par at best... Despite this it was an entertaining short story.
Suzee
pretty good, quick light read, but still full of passion and a decent story. I justed wanted a continuation book.
Debbie
I loved This book!!! I read it pretty much in one day! Eliza Gayle has a new fan in me for sure!
Moira
Good book, the ending kinda of left one hanging. Except for that a good read.
Kbee
So---So. Not bad but not that good. No new things we already know about vamps.
Bamafever
Great free read from B&N.,Hawt sexy ss vamptale.
Mitzi
Free Kindle Book May 26, 2012.
Dana
Dana added it
Jul 22, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Date Night (Hidden, #3.5)
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • Seduced by Blood (A Sangre Novel, #1)
  • Tears of the Dragon (Dragonshifters, #1)
  • Shifting Winds (Tales of the Darkworld, #1)
  • Contract to Pleasure (Pleasure Seekers, #1)
  • Honeymoon Bite (Golden Vampires of Tuscany, #1)
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • Twilight Guardian (Children of the Goddess, #3)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Hidden Heat (Hauberk Protection, #4)
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • Strong Attraction (The Strong Cowboys of Wilde, Nevada, #1)
  • Carinian's Seeker (Vampire Council of Ethics, #1)
  • Burning Hunger (Twilight's Possession, #1)
  • Claiming Her Geeks
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
After growing up in the South and dividing my time between Florida and North Carolina, I decided that 2012 would be my year for change. I rented out my house on the East Coast and convinced my family to join me for a wacky trip across the country. Now I write my romance books from a small island in the Pacific Northwest while contemplating our next home renovation project on the fixer upper we bou...more
More about Eliza Gayle...
Submissive Beauty A White Cougar Christmas Play With Me (Pleasure Playground) Roped (Purgatory Club, #1) Tucker's Fall   (Purgatory Masters, #1)