Start by marking “Life Is Short And So Is This Book” as Want to Read:
Life Is Short And So Is This Book

Life Is Short And So Is This Book

Published (first published March 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Life Is Short And So Is This Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Is Short And So Is This Book

Saarah N
Mar 17, 2016 Saarah N rated it it was amazing
A Must-read

This book is a helpful guide to dealing with life, even in the worst of times. We all hit a wall at some point in our lives, the wall could be your partner leaving you. And we forget that this wall was once supportive. We fail to recognise this, and as a result we fail to move on. The wall disappears and we just stand there, staring, in denial. I've faced a dozen different walls, and life will keep building them up, but the reality is: that we need to keep on moving, find another rout
Gordon
Nov 13, 2016 Gordon rated it it was amazing
Interesting and fun to read

I would like to recommend this book to anyone else

Interested in improving their way through life without

The fact life is so complicated
Rachael
Mar 20, 2014 Rachael rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There is actually a chapter in this book titled "don't do really dumb things". If you were born yesterday or you never read a book before, the advice in this book might give you some bland inspiration. Not that it's bad advice, but that all of it is tantamount to saying "if you itch, scratch it". Duh.
The premise of this book is that it is intentionally short and to the point. But what is the point? Don't do dumb things, eat healthy, make friends, laugh. Again, I must say DUH.
I have never writt
Eva
Oct 29, 2011 Eva added it
Notes from Kindle:

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, about 60% of U.S. families are two-income households, compared with only about one-third in the mid 60’s

The ultimate reduction in commuting time is working from home

All I want to know is where I'm going to die so I'll never go there. - Charlie Munger

Proceeding when there are obvious issues is a dumb thing to do.

Know yourself. To be happy, you need to pay attention to who you are, what you want, and how you feel, versus staying busy j
Anderson
Feb 05, 2014 Anderson rated it really liked it
Very short book about things that are important in life. Most readers may not even know the author and, honestly, I think that is not the important thing. In spite of who he is, the things he share are good and people should certainly practice them.

Now, why do I give just 4 stars? Because as a Christian this sounds very very elementary. For someone who thinks the contents of this book are revolutionary, I would encourage that person to start applying them and to explore more about the rudiments
Dominique
Jan 18, 2015 Dominique rated it liked it
Pretty good and insightful

I gave it three stars because it was good, and interesting, and had a lot of positives things to get you going on seeing the world and your life a little different. But It just for me wasn't one of those books that really impacted my life to a point of making a difference. I took a lot of the points of this book into consideration because they are true points. But I was personally looking for something a little more impractical for me.
Mario Streger
Jan 24, 2016 Mario Streger rated it liked it
This book goes through a broad range of subjects, but does not go deep in any of them. It is short, so I could not go deep anyway. But as it is very superficial, it doesn’t really bring any practical useful information, just general guidelines on how to behave at work or private life to be as much productive as possible.
Allan Schoenberg
Have a few nights? Want to get motivated?

Buy this book for these two reasons: 1 it speaks to what someone has actually experienced 2 it's a short read that will get you thinking. I loved the practical advice and it's something I'll be able to quickly refer to when I need a boost.
Rachanont
Feb 01, 2015 Rachanont rated it it was amazing
Shelves: productivity
เนื้อหาหนังสืออาจดูเหมือนไม่ได้มีอะไรมากไปกว่าหนังสือ self help เล่มอื่นๆ แต่ลองอ่านดูแล้วจะพบว่าชีวิตเรามันสั้นนัก เกินกว่าจะมัวอ่านหนังสือ self help มากๆ โดยไม่ได้เริ่มต้นเปลี่ยนแปลงตัวเองสักที ดังนั้นแค่เริ่มทำตามสิ่งที่หนังสือนี้แนะนำ เพียงแค่บางส่วน ชีวิตเราในอนาคตก็จะแตกต่างกับทุกวันนี้ในแบบที่ตัวเองก็คาดไม่ถึง
Jason McConnehey
Mar 08, 2014 Jason McConnehey rated it it was amazing
Good short read that gets straight to the point

Good short read that gets straight to the point

short concise and to the point. reads in just over an hour but very little filler! I really enjoyed it.
Ladybugchaoge
Jun 03, 2015 Ladybugchaoge rated it liked it
An enjoyable short read. The content is rather simple but easily get ignored in our daily chores. Take care of your mind, your body and your relationship, one step at a time and you will finally achieve what you want.
Alex
Jan 30, 2016 Alex rated it it was amazing
One on the best, concise "self -help" books

Concise, honest and based in the real world. I also love this book as it is realistic, grounded and has no 'fluff". Recommend to everyone. It will remain a valid & frequently used reference book for me.
Roberto Rigolin Ferreira Lopes
This guy has the same name as ‘Peter Atkins’ the Chemistry professor, impressive without increasing the entropy. Anyway, it got me buying and reading his book. Brevity is always fun and this guy is a marathoner. The latter indicates he has some useful experiences to share for sure :P
Reginacm
Apr 02, 2012 Reginacm rated it did not like it
Decididamente não gosto de livros de auto-ajuda... Correndo o risco de ser injusta para o autor, devo dizer que as ideias-chave apresentadas parecem-me tão básicas que qualquer um poderia ter escrito este livro.
Ct Rittenhouse
Jan 21, 2016 Ct Rittenhouse rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
A compilation of self-evident and pithy ideas with discussions on how and when to implement them into you schedule and goals. This is a book to peruse for useful ideas to contemplate, assimilate and incorporate. Keep it handy for repeated use and inspiration.
Stephanie
Oct 17, 2015 Stephanie rated it liked it
This was a great short book! Sometimes I get frustrated with self-help books because they drag on and on. This book is short and sweet and to the point. It's a good first read for someone looking for some inspiration in life.
Glenda
Sep 27, 2012 Glenda rated it liked it
Good common sense advice. Nothing particularly new or ground breaking but easy to read and agree with.
Shawn Walsh
Oct 14, 2014 Shawn Walsh rated it really liked it
Good read

I really enjoyed this book. Well worth the time. I can take a lot from it and use it to better my thinking. Thank you
Sarah Wright
Dec 30, 2012 Sarah Wright rated it really liked it
A great/short read on how to make your life better.

There are a lot of useful words of wisdom in this book.

The chapters in this book are short, which helps add to its appeal.
Marcus
Nov 16, 2015 Marcus rated it liked it
Kept popping up in my "recommended", so I took it for a spin. I like it. I didn't find it profound or anything, but I did enjoy the general reminder and quotes.
Nicholas Maulucci
Aug 24, 2014 Nicholas Maulucci rated it it was ok
and so is this review. I finished this book 16000 miles and 3 weeks ago. there is a reason you have not heard of it.
Bernadine Candelario
Jan 01, 2015 Bernadine Candelario rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

Easy to read and understand. Straight to the point. I recommend this book to any who is willing to learn about themselves.
Ryan Engelstad
Ryan Engelstad rated it liked it
May 22, 2014
David
David rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
kalpesh parmar
kalpesh parmar rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Eduardo Rocha
Eduardo Rocha rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2014
Alok Kumar
Alok Kumar rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Adam
Adam rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2013
Joel Campbell
Joel Campbell rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2012
  • The 18 Rules of Happiness
  • The Soulmate Experience: A Practical Guide to Creating Extraordinary Relationships
  • Stress-Proof Your Life (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Instant Happy: 10-Second Attitude Makeovers
  • Stick Up for Yourself!: Every Kid's Guide to Personal Power and Positive Self-Esteem
  • 25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide  for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life
  • Yarn Bombing: The Art of Crochet and Knit Graffiti
  • Act Accordingly
  • Overcoming Borderline Personality Disorder: A Family Guide for Healing and Change
  • Creating Tomorrow's Schools Today: Education - Our Children - Their Futures
  • The Game Believes in You: How Digital Play Can Make Our Kids Smarter
  • Love and Logic Magic: When Kids Drain Your Energy (Parenting with Love and Logic)
  • 10 Things You Might Not Know About Nearly Everything
  • 100 Places That Can Change Your Child's Life: From Your Backyard to the Ends of the Earth
  • Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good, You'll Swear It's Bad for You
  • Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook
  • The Child's Conception of the World
  • Returning to Silence
More about Peter Atkins...

“All I want to know is where I'm going to die so I'll never go there.” 8 likes
“Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. - Plato” 1 likes