Start by marking “High Fidelity (Shadow of the Templar, #4)” as Want to Read:
High Fidelity (Shadow of the Templar, #4)

High Fidelity (Shadow of the Templar #4)

A fellow FBI agent with an old grudge picks Simon as the instrument of his revenge. And he knows the hidden truth behind one of Simon's closest-kept secrets... or does he? On the other side of the world, two steps ahead of a ruthless, implacable foe accidentally set on his trail by Simon, Jeremy Archer is running for his life... or is he? Now Simon finds himself torn betwe ...more
Published May 6th 2009 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about High Fidelity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Fidelity

Kaje Harper
Mar 01, 2014 Kaje Harper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, m-m, mystery
4.5 stars This book was my favorite of the series, except... it was a little like the great dessert at the end of a fascinating multi-course meal. With the whip-cream left off. I don't know if the author originally intended to write another book in the series (this is a 2009 release so I'm not holding my breath.) But the two scenes I wanted most were hinted at but didn't appear on the page.

In this installment, Simon has two crises at once. First, a call out of the blue from Jeremy, who says he i
Sheila
Jul 19, 2010 Sheila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(2015) still adore but yes still with the homophobic comments :/

Man, I turned the last page and almost cried. I loved this series SO FREAKING MUCH. I mean, it's like someone sat down with a list of things I loved:

* kickass women
* crime! and capers!
* gadgets
* adorable dorks
* subtext becoming text
* crime-fighting
* things blowing up
* plans that come together
* secret hidden love affairs with angst
* snappy banter
* and even things blowing up

This series is made of
Chris
Mar 17, 2011 Chris rated it it was amazing
Excellent m/m romantic suspense in which our FBI agent ends up in his jewel thief's world for a while. I cried an awful lot near the end, even though I was pretty sure it would turn out ok, and stayed up too late because I absolutely had to finish.
Joy
Apr 24, 2015 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HIGH FIDELITY is the last book in the Shadow of the Templar series--also the best--the one-liners are great--also the author has several short stories on her web site that are almost better than the books--
Feliz
Dec 31, 2009 Feliz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of action and suspense
Jeremy Archer is an art thief and cat burglar who's been working part time with the FBI to help them solve some cases. But he hasn't only made friends in his life, and recently things have gotten quite tight. His life in peril, Jeremy turns to his unacknowledged friend and occasional bedmate, FBI agent Simon Drake, for help, asking him to make one single telephone call which would grant his dispatcher's safety. But Simon, being Simon, wants to make sure Jeremy didn't lie about the threat to his ...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

I enjoyed this one just as much as the first two in the series. It was still funny and I loved the way we got to see a bit into Jeremy's world for once. It was interesting and held my attention throughout the book. We also got to see Simon take responsibility for his actions (which he usually does) but this time it's with Jeremy and his personal relationship with him and it was just refreshing to see everything come to light.

My only problem with it was, at times, I was confused. Mostly
Abi Walton
Sep 20, 2016 Abi Walton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this was definitely my favourite out of the series it had the emotion that I felt like I was missing. But I have to say I would love another novel with action packed angst after this one that shows us Simon and Jeremy about 7 years later wouldn't that be cool??!!!
In this final book, Simon has two crisis at once. First, Jeremy calls him up and says he is in trouble and on the run can Simon do him a favour. Simon waits until it is too late as he is playing safe worrying more about his career t
Aislinn
Jul 09, 2015 Aislinn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, crime-novel
Grrrr, I HATE when GR's eats my reviews! Anyway, 4.5 stars for this strong ending to a really entertaining series. I enjoyed the third in the series, but this one was better, with a return to the focus on Simon and Jeremy. Simon's still an asshole too much of the time, but he actually shows some growth by the end, and Jeremy is still my favorite character by far.

This last chapter of the series is centered mostly in Italy, and Chandler's descriptions had me totally immersed in the sights and soun
Minh
Aug 22, 2016 Minh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And so I've come to the end again, 'High Fidelity' is my favourite in the series and at the same time has the most different tone to the rest of the books.

Brought for for questioning after the events for 'With a Bullet', Simon finds himself suspended pending investigation to take the heat of what really happened, he also has an aching conscience for not acting on a request from Jeremy that results in Annabelle's kidnapping.

What follows is a series of events worthy of an Ocean's 11 series, fant
Seregil
I feel like I've been reading this series for ages and now I'm sad it's over :(
It's filled with action and there is sexual tension both before and AFTER the main characters get together. There is also the fact that Simon is such a guy and barely acknowledges his own feelings, though he always "claims responsibility". I loved him and all the other characters and despite reading a LOT about them there still doesn't seem enough. I have a few more short stories to read (from the author's site) and I
T.J.
Nov 16, 2011 T.J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the debacle that was book 3, I was wary about moving onto this one. I was pleasantly surprised, needless to say. Simon did the groveling that he needed to do, though he was still an asshole at times. Going after Jeremy overseas was probably the smartest thing he'd ever done (though, I can admit to a flash of raging annoyance when the rest of the team showed up, too; but, since they were in Italy, I kept hoping Sandy would get struck by a Vespa. No dice.) The ol' heartstrings got a tug or t ...more
Ayanna
This series. Hmm. Okay.
The writing's good, the characters are freaking hilarious, the plot's only average, but the characters...
AND it's a series I can carry around with me and set down and not worry that someone might pick it up and be like "O_o WTF IS THIS????"

Ambivalent towards the resolution because I tend to like more...definite resolutions, but it's realistic given the characterization, so w/e.
Minh
Apr 21, 2012 Minh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, mm
Even after a second read through the payoff is ridiculously grand. I love falling into this world, the plotting and timeline are so intricate and I can't seem to let go of Jeremy or Simon.

So of course the first thing I did was to dive into the short stories on the website :).
Holly
Feb 11, 2013 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, mystery-suspense
I'll miss these characters, that's for sure. All of them. They'll stay with me for a while. I super-enjoyed this whole series, the third book probably being my favorite, followed by the second.
Stephanie Deemer
May 25, 2016 Stephanie Deemer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt
I'm happy with this ending. Would I ever read this series again or recommend it to someone? Most likely not, but I don't regret reading it.
Deborah
Nov 17, 2011 Deborah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
want to read - do not want it to be the last in the series :( ... maybe i'll reread 1-3 and then read 4 :) just to make it last a little longer :D
Amanda
Oct 19, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was entirely sure that this was too long and dragged everything out, but then I was hooked and read about 65% of this book in one go and oops?

I just.
Love Jeremy Archer so much.
Shelby
Yay!!! That was a mostly satisfying finish to one of my favorite series! My one little niggle is just that my own personal niggle and really doesn’t detract from the story except in my own head. I’ll rate this one 5 stars for GR purposes, but would probably mark it as 4.5 stars overall as I wanted just one more little thing. I just LOVE Simon and Archer together so much! They’re a fantastic complicated couple, natural enemies who just can’t stay away from each other. I loved how everything got p ...more
Teetee
Dec 23, 2014 Teetee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I…I miss Simon. And Jeremy. I miss them both. *Sigh*. I finally finished the series, it’s taken a long time for me to do so; at times I devoured chapters whole, other times I plodded painstakingly through but never did I think of quitting. For better or worse I love these two, even though Simon can be a bit of a prick and Jeremy has brother issues.

Warning: the below contains heavy spoilers:

In this final installment, we got a much more coherent book than the previous one. We are back to a single
Susana
Mar 27, 2014 Susana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
clear skies
Mar 08, 2013 clear skies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the final instalment a lot more than the previous book. In this book we are basically watching Jeremy suffer because of Rich's mistake. Jeremy is running from the Russian "mafia" and well Simon feels like he needs to help. There is a problem here though:

1. Whilst Simon cannot be blamed for Rich's mistakes, his insistence of only being there to help Jeremy was because of his guilt.

2. Simon only showed up because he was suspended - (due to protecting Jeremy funnily enough). He freely admit
Carmen
Dec 09, 2016 Carmen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow, what a ride.

I spent a lot of this book worried about the ending and I am happy to say I am really satisfied with it.

Now time to go read all the bonus content (bless authors who publish bonus content).

Also this is probably the fastest I have ever read a 500 page novel, so yay.
karlakolumna
Re-read – 7/9/2016 - 13/9/2016

What a fun-ride this has been – again, you know, still.
What a bloody shame that this is the last book of the series, because I still haven't had enough of Simon and Jeremy and the whole shebang.

Now, excuse me, I'm off to read Chandler's SotT-short stories... in order to make this farewell a bit more bearable.^^

[Coincidentally, speaking of accompanying short stories to the SotT series: if anyone is wholeheartedly missing the more explicit content in this series...
Christie
Apr 01, 2016 Christie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice end to the series, although it was left open-ended to be continued if the author wanted to. I liked that we went back to Simon's perspective, and I loved that the whole team joined in on the grand criminal adventure. Dave has quickly become one of my favourite characters too, he's just so dorky and hilarious.
I really enjoyed this series and the interactions with each of the characters. I would have liked just a bit more on Simon's side of the romance at times, because he seemed
MaKayla
(rated this book 3 1/2)
well honestly, I'm quite disappointed in this ending. I feel like there should be another book after this to finish it off. Throughout the whole series Simon and Jeremy's relationship, in my opinion, has not changed one bit. Yeah in this book they threw us tiny bones here and there of sweet little fast moments but did not get more into them. It happened and then got left alone, and back to square one of their relationship. So in the end when Simon `all the sudden has an ep
KJ
Jul 30, 2016 KJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer-books
Amazing ending

I wondered again and again how this series could possibly wrap up, and I've had mild grievances with it as a whole, but I honestly enjoyed this book at least second best of the series. It feels complete and satisfying without being at all overdone. If you've already read the others in the series, do yourself a favor and breeze right through this one as well. Very worthwhile.
Harshita
Jan 01, 2012 Harshita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The most satisfying book of the series for sure. Finishing it meant I could finally wallow in all the short stories. Plus it made me want to go back and read from the beginning, and that's always a good sign.
All the Jeremy character stuff in here was gold, and yay finally Annabelle and Ethan! I missed Sandra in the book, even though she had a lot of important decisions and interventions. She should have gotten to dress up and kick ass some more
Elizabeth H.
Five stars plus plus! This is the best novel in this four novel series (don't forget to find the extra stories, including the sex scenes, at the author's webpage at http://mchandler.org/sott/) High Fidelity had me riveted and losing sleep to read. I will admit I was a bit annoyed at some of the cryptic aspects of the relationship and the plot, but it's easy to overlook that when I just couldn't help but race to the ending.
Karen
Nov 09, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqa
good end to the series. The nastier jokes were scaled back a bit (or perhaps at this point I've just become desensitised to them, who knows), which was nice. Tbh I think the book could've been a bit shorter as it dragged in places. Overall I enjoyed it and I liked the ending, even though it failed to live up to all my hopes for it :p
Katie Ierardi
Feb 27, 2015 Katie Ierardi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was a great end cap to the series. There were twists and turns, and kept with the theme of the rest of the series. What makes these books so worth while are the characters. I just wanted to read about Simon and Jeremy and the team and what shenanigans they would get up to. The heist aspect was great and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride!
  • GhosTV (PsyCop #6)
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
  • Control (The Administration, #4)
  • Forever  (Spy vs. Spook, #3)
  • The Archer
  • The Hell You Say (The Adrien English Mysteries, #3)
  • Holden and Yves – The Early Years (The Slave Breakers, mini-prequel)
  • All or Nothing (Taking the Odds, #3)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • The Slayer's Apprentice
2088666
M. Chandler is a lady of a certain age, currently wandering around the Seattle area. Whenever she manages to make her way home, she writes action-oriented fiction that tends to be heavy on the gay themes.

She has a website with lots of free fiction, a Facebook fan page, and, God help us, a Twitter.
More about M. Chandler...

Shadow of the Templar (4 books)
  • The Morning Star (Shadow of the Templar, #1)
  • Double Down (Shadow of the Templar, #2)
  • With a Bullet (Shadow of the Templar, #3)

“Hope you didn't bring any spiders into the van with you,' Simon put in. 'Hey, I'm thinking we could take you back outside and hose you down, just to make sure. You'd definitely smell better if we did, which, I mean, bonus.'
Jeremy scraped both hands through his hair again, then beat them clean against his thighs. 'Believe me, Simon, if we had access to a garden hose, I'd be the first to turn it on myself. I feel foul.'
'Hate to break it to you, Archer, but that feeling is not lying to you,' Simon said with mild relish.”
6 likes
“Johnny didn't exactly look tired, but then, Johnny was just about the hardest son-of-a-bitch to read that Simon had ever met. Dave, on the other hand, looked like he'd spent the last week being beaten by tiny elves with whiffle bats, which might have been true, for all Simon knew.” 0 likes