Start by marking “High Fidelity (Shadow of the Templar, #4)” as Want to Read:
High Fidelity (Shadow of the Templar, #4)

High Fidelity (Shadow of the Templar #4)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  517 ratings  ·  44 reviews
A fellow FBI agent with an old grudge picks Simon as the instrument of his revenge. And he knows the hidden truth behind one of Simon's closest-kept secrets... or does he? On the other side of the world, two steps ahead of a ruthless, implacable foe accidentally set on his trail by Simon, Jeremy Archer is running for his life... or is he? Now Simon finds himself torn betwe ...more
Published May 6th 2009 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about High Fidelity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Fidelity

Kaje Harper
4.5 stars This book was my favorite of the series, except... it was a little like the great dessert at the end of a fascinating multi-course meal. With the whip-cream left off. I don't know if the author originally intended to write another book in the series (this is a 2009 release so I'm not holding my breath.) But the two scenes I wanted most were hinted at but didn't appear on the page.

In this installment, Simon has two crises at once. First, a call out of the blue from Jeremy, who says he i
Sheila
Man, I turned the last page and almost cried. I loved this series SO FREAKING MUCH. I mean, it's like someone sat down with a list of things I loved:

* kickass women
* crime! and capers!
* gadgets
* adorable dorks
* subtext becoming text
* crime-fighting
* things blowing up
* plans that come together
* secret hidden love affairs with angst
* snappy banter
* and even things blowing up

This series is made of ALL THESE THINGS in copious amounts. It's not perfect by any mea
Alissa
*updated with possible spoilers*

I'm drowning in feels right now ... and in denial that this series is over. I've visited Ms. Chandler's website so often to read the short stories that I've reached official stalker status.

I can't discuss this final *sob* installment in the Shadow of the Templar series without contemplating events from the previous three because Simon's mantra is introduced in the very first book: To follow the motto of the FBI (fidelity, bravery, integrity) and nothing or no one
Chris
Excellent m/m romantic suspense in which our FBI agent ends up in his jewel thief's world for a while. I cried an awful lot near the end, even though I was pretty sure it would turn out ok, and stayed up too late because I absolutely had to finish.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

I enjoyed this one just as much as the first two in the series. It was still funny and I loved the way we got to see a bit into Jeremy's world for once. It was interesting and held my attention throughout the book. We also got to see Simon take responsibility for his actions (which he usually does) but this time it's with Jeremy and his personal relationship with him and it was just refreshing to see everything come to light.

My only problem with it was, at times, I was confused. Mostly
Feliz
Apr 06, 2011 Feliz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of action and suspense
Jeremy Archer is an art thief and cat burglar who's been working part time with the FBI to help them solve some cases. But he hasn't only made friends in his life, and recently things have gotten quite tight. His life in peril, Jeremy turns to his unacknowledged friend and occasional bedmate, FBI agent Simon Drake, for help, asking him to make one single telephone call which would grant his dispatcher's safety. But Simon, being Simon, wants to make sure Jeremy didn't lie about the threat to his ...more
Joy
HIGH FIDELITY is the last book in the Shadow of the Templar series--also the best--the one-liners are great--also the author has several short stories on her web site that are almost better than the books--
Seregil
I feel like I've been reading this series for ages and now I'm sad it's over :(
It's filled with action and there is sexual tension both before and AFTER the main characters get together. There is also the fact that Simon is such a guy and barely acknowledges his own feelings, though he always "claims responsibility". I loved him and all the other characters and despite reading a LOT about them there still doesn't seem enough. I have a few more short stories to read (from the author's site) and I
T.J.
After the debacle that was book 3, I was wary about moving onto this one. I was pleasantly surprised, needless to say. Simon did the groveling that he needed to do, though he was still an asshole at times. Going after Jeremy overseas was probably the smartest thing he'd ever done (though, I can admit to a flash of raging annoyance when the rest of the team showed up, too; but, since they were in Italy, I kept hoping Sandy would get struck by a Vespa. No dice.) The ol' heartstrings got a tug or t ...more
Teetee
I…I miss Simon. And Jeremy. I miss them both. *Sigh*. I finally finished the series, it’s taken a long time for me to do so; at times I devoured chapters whole, other times I plodded painstakingly through but never did I think of quitting. For better or worse I love these two, even though Simon can be a bit of a prick and Jeremy has brother issues.

Warning: the below contains heavy spoilers:

In this final installment, we got a much more coherent book than the previous one. We are back to a single
Wintermute ~*Stand Alone Complex*~
The final installment in the SotT series - and it starts as could probably be expected: Simon fucks up. Again. Big time. His lack of trust turns Jeremy and his employee/friend Annabelle into targets for a well-known Russian mob boss. At the same time, Simon's lies from Double Down threaten to come to the surface. After his suspension he sets out to find Jeremy and to set right what he made go wrong.

High Fidelity has the same strenghts and suffers from the same weaknesses as the other books in t
Susana
Minh
Apr 22, 2012 Minh rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm, mystery
Even after a second read through the payoff is ridiculously grand. I love falling into this world, the plotting and timeline are so intricate and I can't seem to let go of Jeremy or Simon.

So of course the first thing I did was to dive into the short stories on the website :).
Holly
I'll miss these characters, that's for sure. All of them. They'll stay with me for a while. I super-enjoyed this whole series, the third book probably being my favorite, followed by the second.
Deborah
Mar 24, 2012 Deborah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
want to read - do not want it to be the last in the series :( ... maybe i'll reread 1-3 and then read 4 :) just to make it last a little longer :D
Ran ♠
The benefits of having a rich Prima Dona slick thief as a lover... and of course, the disadvantages along with it...
Shelby
Yay!!! That was a mostly satisfying finish to one of my favorite series! My one little niggle is just that my own personal niggle and really doesn’t detract from the story except in my own head. I’ll rate this one 5 stars for GR purposes, but would probably mark it as 4.5 stars overall as I wanted just one more little thing. I just LOVE Simon and Archer together so much! They’re a fantastic complicated couple, natural enemies who just can’t stay away from each other. I loved how everything got p ...more
clear skies
I liked the final instalment a lot more than the previous book. In this book we are basically watching Jeremy suffer because of Rich's mistake. Jeremy is running from the Russian "mafia" and well Simon feels like he needs to help. There is a problem here though:

1. Whilst Simon cannot be blamed for Rich's mistakes, his insistence of only being there to help Jeremy was because of his guilt.

2. Simon only showed up because he was suspended - (due to protecting Jeremy funnily enough). He freely admit
Breakenter
This is easily the best book of the series, and that’s despite the excruciatingly slow start and the plot being even more far-fetched than the other books. But Simon and especially Jeremy really come into their own here. There are some very poignant moments hidden amongst all the banter and it’s an extremely satisfying end to the series. I was sad that it was over.
Writerlibrarian
Rounded up to 3 stars. The first part until Simon catches up with Jeremy is awesome. Really. The Jeremy and Simon caper in Italy is also really good. Then it goes downhill, slowly. The last 30% of the book is slow going, too long and could have been summed up in 3 chapters max.
The ending is a wrapped up too quickly for my taste and I am left with a well... that's that feeling.

Katie Ierardi
I thought this book was a great end cap to the series. There were twists and turns, and kept with the theme of the rest of the series. What makes these books so worth while are the characters. I just wanted to read about Simon and Jeremy and the team and what shenanigans they would get up to. The heist aspect was great and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride!
Courtney
Jeremy is so much better than Simon. Like for real. (view spoiler)
lauraღ
Eh. Not as bad as the last one, but Simon's so much of an asshole I more or less stopped caring about him. Good plot and action, but I'm more or less burnt out on this series and I'm glad it's over.
MaKayla
(rated this book 3 1/2)
well honestly, I'm quite disappointed in this ending. I feel like there should be another book after this to finish it off. Throughout the whole series Simon and Jeremy's relationship, in my opinion, has not changed one bit. Yeah in this book they threw us tiny bones here and there of sweet little fast moments but did not get more into them. It happened and then got left alone, and back to square one of their relationship. So in the end when Simon `all the sudden has an ep
Shawnie Nicole
You know, I thought Simon would grow on me but Nope. I still don't like him. Which says a lot. Either way, this series was a good one and I'm glad I found it even if I dislike some of the charries.
Harshita
The most satisfying book of the series for sure. Finishing it meant I could finally wallow in all the short stories. Plus it made me want to go back and read from the beginning, and that's always a good sign.
All the Jeremy character stuff in here was gold, and yay finally Annabelle and Ethan! I missed Sandra in the book, even though she had a lot of important decisions and interventions. She should have gotten to dress up and kick ass some more
Elizabeth H.
Five stars plus plus! This is the best novel in this four novel series (don't forget to find the extra stories, including the sex scenes, at the author's webpage at http://mchandler.org/sott/) High Fidelity had me riveted and losing sleep to read. I will admit I was a bit annoyed at some of the cryptic aspects of the relationship and the plot, but it's easy to overlook that when I just couldn't help but race to the ending.
Ayanna
This series. Hmm. Okay.
The writing's good, the characters are freaking hilarious, the plot's only average, but the characters...
AND it's a series I can carry around with me and set down and not worry that someone might pick it up and be like "O_o WTF IS THIS????"

Ambivalent towards the resolution because I tend to like more...definite resolutions, but it's realistic given the characterization, so w/e.
  • The Interludes (In the company of shadows, #3)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • Forever  (Spy vs. Spook, #3)
  • Control (The Administration, #4)
  • The Hell You Say (Adrien English Mystery, #3)
  • The Archer
  • The Slayer's Apprentice
2088666
M. Chandler is a lady of a certain age, currently wandering around the Seattle area. Whenever she manages to make her way home, she writes action-oriented fiction that tends to be heavy on the gay themes.

She has a website with lots of free fiction, a Facebook fan page, and, God help us, a Twitter.
More about M. Chandler...

Shadow of the Templar (4 books)
  • The Morning Star (Shadow of the Templar, #1)
  • Double Down (Shadow of the Templar, #2)
  • With a Bullet (Shadow of the Templar, #3)
The Morning Star (Shadow of the Templar, #1) Double Down (Shadow of the Templar, #2) With a Bullet (Shadow of the Templar, #3) Tales From Black Oceans Coitus Interruptus (Shadow of the Templar #1.4)

“Hope you didn't bring any spiders into the van with you,' Simon put in. 'Hey, I'm thinking we could take you back outside and hose you down, just to make sure. You'd definitely smell better if we did, which, I mean, bonus.'
Jeremy scraped both hands through his hair again, then beat them clean against his thighs. 'Believe me, Simon, if we had access to a garden hose, I'd be the first to turn it on myself. I feel foul.'
'Hate to break it to you, Archer, but that feeling is not lying to you,' Simon said with mild relish.”
5 likes
“Johnny didn't exactly look tired, but then, Johnny was just about the hardest son-of-a-bitch to read that Simon had ever met. Dave, on the other hand, looked like he'd spent the last week being beaten by tiny elves with whiffle bats, which might have been true, for all Simon knew.” 0 likes