Start by marking “The Bear That Fell From The Stars” as Want to Read:
The Bear That Fell From The Stars

The Bear That Fell From The Stars

They have been visiting Earth for centuries.
They have taken us at will.
But they have just taken the wrong man.

Jimmu Kuma Kazaka is a ninja sent to kill a man in feudal Japan. On the night he decides to strike, his life, and his world, are forever changed.

Alien scientists from across the cosmos, abduct and place Kazaka in deep storage for centuries. When they revive him wit
Published (first published March 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Bear That Fell From The Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bear That Fell From The Stars

Steve Vernon
Aug 24, 2013 Steve Vernon rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of ninjas in general. I mean, the dudes can pop out of shadows and twist you into any number fatal positions or just stick a sharp object into you and you never see it coming.

Unfortunately, most of the ninjas out there on television and movies are mostly a bunch of Star Trek red shirts in black formal wear. Their sole purpose in life is to be knocked down by Daredevil, Wolverine, Bruce Lee or - god help us - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I know that you could argue that they we
Mimi
Mar 08, 2013 Mimi rated it really liked it
I've had this one on my Kindle for a while now...I think I got it as a free giveaway at one point without really knowing anything about the plot. So when I was looking for a literary quickie, I picked up this novella not even realizing that I was in for such a treat.

As I started the book, I said to myself "Oh cool! Ninjas in Feudal Japan!"So I thought this would be historical fiction, peppered with Japanese folklore. Then, all of a sudden, "Beam Me Up Scotty" and we have members of the feudal Ja
Wallis
Feb 25, 2015 Wallis rated it really liked it
Unique and Satisfying....just short

Enjoyed the blending of cultures though a more fleshing of the alien aspect with would have made it more immersive for me. In all, that is my only complaint as the length and quick transition left me with novella feel opposed to a novel. I'm not much of a critic.....I either like or dislike and this was a four star like for me. A few more words would be five star. This is a good author and I'm just greedy. He should do more sci-fi. He's good at it.
Bradford
Mar 30, 2011 Bradford rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Bradford by: Keith Blackmore
This is a fantastic short novel, that provides a fun and unique backdrop for the excellent combat writing skills that Blackmore has so finely developed. While the book is a bit short on developing the aliens, ultimately the only thing that is really important is that a badass ninja is in space, fighting aliens.
Mark
Jul 15, 2011 Mark rated it really liked it
A quick little almost-novella, this can be read in one or two sittings. It's the story of a ninja assassin who's been abducted by aliens, gets free, and kills them all. Kind of like "Alien" in reverse. A quick, fun read.
John
Dec 13, 2012 John rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Keith C Blackmore is my new author, read his other books in the Mountain Man series and loved them so I thought I would give this one a crack, again in the Kindle format, strange twist on the extraterrestrial theme combined with feudal Japan and the Ninja, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
Scott
Sep 16, 2012 Scott rated it really liked it
A great SciFi short story, check it out.
Glinda Harrison
Jan 08, 2012 Glinda Harrison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
I really enjoyed this one! An enjoyable story with lots of twists and turns and some nice suprises.

Zita
Feb 06, 2012 Zita rated it it was amazing
Brilliant short story. Unique idea that had the chance to either go really wrong or really right. The excellent tone and pace, the characters made it all work, and created a gem.
Well worth a read.
David
David rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2014
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2012
Zachary Hesse
Zachary Hesse rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2015
Keith Cruz
Keith Cruz rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Philip Muller
Philip Muller rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2017
Scott R. Baber
Scott R. Baber rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2014
shawn murphy
shawn murphy rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2014
Will
Will rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2014
Matthew Jankowski
Matthew Jankowski rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Brian Davidson
Brian Davidson rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2011
Carlos Quinones
Carlos Quinones rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Nlmd
Nlmd rated it liked it
May 22, 2014
CRAIG WILLIAMS
CRAIG WILLIAMS rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Rj Roche
Rj Roche rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2013
Myers C.
Myers C. rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Billy
Billy rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Books are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and others.
More about Keith C. Blackmore...