The Bear That Fell From The Stars

The Bear That Fell From The Stars

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  9 reviews
They have been visiting Earth for centuries.
They have taken us at will.
But they have just taken the wrong man.

Jimmu Kuma Kazaka is a ninja sent to kill a man in feudal Japan. On the night he decides to strike, his life, and his world, are forever changed.

Alien scientists from across the cosmos, abduct and place Kazaka in deep storage for centuries. When they revive him wit...more
Published (first published March 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Bear That Fell From The Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bear That Fell From The Stars

Steve Vernon
I am a big fan of ninjas in general. I mean, the dudes can pop out of shadows and twist you into any number fatal positions or just stick a sharp object into you and you never see it coming.

Unfortunately, most of the ninjas out there on television and movies are mostly a bunch of Star Trek red shirts in black formal wear. Their sole purpose in life is to be knocked down by Daredevil, Wolverine, Bruce Lee or - god help us - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I know that you could argue that they we...more
Mimi
I've had this one on my Kindle for a while now...I think I got it as a free giveaway at one point without really knowing anything about the plot. So when I was looking for a literary quickie, I picked up this novella not even realizing that I was in for such a treat.

As I started the book, I said to myself "Oh cool! Ninjas in Feudal Japan!"So I thought this would be historical fiction, peppered with Japanese folklore. Then, all of a sudden, "Beam Me Up Scotty" and we have members of the feudal Ja...more
Bradford
Mar 30, 2011 Bradford rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bradford by: Keith Blackmore
This is a fantastic short novel, that provides a fun and unique backdrop for the excellent combat writing skills that Blackmore has so finely developed. While the book is a bit short on developing the aliens, ultimately the only thing that is really important is that a badass ninja is in space, fighting aliens.
John
Keith C Blackmore is my new author, read his other books in the Mountain Man series and loved them so I thought I would give this one a crack, again in the Kindle format, strange twist on the extraterrestrial theme combined with feudal Japan and the Ninja, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
Mark
A quick little almost-novella, this can be read in one or two sittings. It's the story of a ninja assassin who's been abducted by aliens, gets free, and kills them all. Kind of like "Alien" in reverse. A quick, fun read.
Zita
Brilliant short story. Unique idea that had the chance to either go really wrong or really right. The excellent tone and pace, the characters made it all work, and created a gem.
Well worth a read.
Glinda Harrison
I really enjoyed this one! An enjoyable story with lots of twists and turns and some nice suprises.

Scott
A great SciFi short story, check it out.
Diana
Excellent revenge novel!
James
James marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Zippertail
Zippertail marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Chino
Chino marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Books are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and others.
More about Keith C. Blackmore...
Mountain Man Safari (Mountain Man Book Two) The Hospital Hellifax (Mountain Man Book 3) The Missing Boatman