Start by marking “Natural Highs: Supplements, Nutrition, and Mind-Body Techniques to Help You Feel Good All the” as Want to Read:

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  5 reviews
What does it take to make you feel "high"? Do you routinely reach for caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, or sugary snacks to get you through the day? Unfortunately, the quick fixes we have become accustomed to don't work long-term, and often contribute further to the underlying problems of fatigue, depression, brain fog, and anxiety.

In Natural Highs, two leading authorities in
Paperback
Published June 2nd 2003 by Avery Trade (first published September 27th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Highs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Highs

Petra
Excellent book!
It shows that there are non-addictive ways to get an energy boost without resorting to caffeine or nicotine. If you want to stay healthy and are looking for natural ways of 'staying high', this book is for you.
Are you a stimulant addict? This book will help you change your habits.
Gloria Reiser
Sep 19, 2008 Gloria Reiser rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Gloria by: Personal Research
Currently, I've just begun reading this book. Why? Because nearly everyone I know or encounter seems to be dealing with stress, anxiety, depression or some "mood" issue. I've noted all to well and often the many negative consequences associated with SSRIs and other psycho-active drugs - the legal ones pushed by the pharmaceutical industry - and the illegal ones. I will report more once I've gotten farther into the book.... it begins with a personal assessment of stress levels, energy levels, moo ...more
Denise Messenger
If you are interested in boosting your brain function, feeling better and suffer from fatigue, depression, anxiety, etc. this book takes you through the steps of mind-body therapies that will help. The author uses strategies such as supplements for mood enhancers, improving nutrition, meditation, tips for overcoming cravings for sugar, alcohol, chocolate, caffeine, and tea. The author gives a good argument for getting people off of stimulants.
Phineas
Good review of healthy living and supplements. The little bit I do know, lets me know that some of the info. is misleading. In other words, it is an excellent outline on thriving naturally - as long as it is remembered that its not the gospel.
Sharon Dreyer
Oct 24, 2008 Sharon Dreyer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Sharon by: Jeanine Roussouw
This book made me a fan of Patrick Holford and what a true genius he is! Extremely informative- even for my father who has Parkinson's disease!
Przemysław
Przemysław marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Angelique
Angelique marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Mandie
Mandie marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Thalialucre
Thalialucre marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Caity
Caity marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Larry Williams
Larry Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Ken West
Ken West marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Katee
Katee marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Trina Parham
Trina Parham marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Ciara
Ciara marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Barbara J
Barbara J marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Ginette
Ginette marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
8 Weeks to Vibrant Health Supplement Your Prescription: What Your Doctor Doesn't Know About Nutrition St. John's Wort Hierbas medicinales FAQs All about St. John's Wort