Start by marking “The Empire's Edge” as Want to Read:
The Empire's Edge

The Empire's Edge

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
LEAH INDASELY, daughter of the First House, expects to wed an old friend of equal rank. Instead, the king makes her a decoy to find an insurgent out to stage a coup, and arranges Leah's cover-marriage to an aloof army captain. Leah plans to return home when her assignment is finished, the marriage annulled. Driven by desire to earn status, not have it handed to him, JEREN ...more
Published February 20th 2011 by Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about The Empire's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Empire's Edge

Kitty Bullard
Book Title: "The Empires Edge"
Author: Kelly McCrady
Published By: The Wild Rose Press
Age Recommended: 17 +
Reviewed By: Kitty Bullard
Raven Rating: 5

[image]

Review: There are seldom many writers that have the divine ability to marry fantasy with romance so smoothly that you don’t realize you’re reading a fantasy novel at all, until you’re done. After reading “The Empires Edge” I can honestly say that Kelly McCrady is definitely one of those rare individuals. While the romance of the story is superbl
Karla Brandenburg
I'm not a big fan of fantasy, and when I started this one, I was nervous that I would struggle through it. Once past the first two chapters, however, the book drew me in.

The main characters are drawn into a familiar struggle, duty to family and country. The hero is an army officer struggling with his self doubt, the heroine young and inexperienced, sent to ferret out a spy. Their obstacles, including the arranged marriage, are believable, and the relationship develops at a very realistic pace.
Elizabeth Maria Naranjo
The Empire's Edge is a perfect blend of fantasy and romance. Jeren, an army captain, and Leah, a noblewoman, have just entered into an arranged marriage; each has been given a different reason from the king for this union.

Facing threats from outside their kingdom and a traitor within, Leah and Jeren must learn to trust each other and join forces. Will this push a marriage based on politics and deception into the realm of true love?

It's worth your time to find out. The book flips between Leah's
Kelly McCrady
Feb 13, 2013 Kelly McCrady added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I cannot review this one because I wrote it--I hope y'all get a chance to read this and enjoy it! Let me know what you think. I'm still waiting to get my own print copy in my hands before I read it again.
Blake Hausladen
Blake Hausladen marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2011
KimWin
KimWin added it
May 20, 2011
SheLove2Read
SheLove2Read marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2011
In her free time, this former zookeeper writes, crochets, knits, quilts and gardens – badly. "I'm better with words than with plants," she says. Kelly lives in Western Oregon with her husband, daughter, and golden retriever.
More about Kelly McCrady...
Hearts in Bloom Sweet Cicely Martial Hearts Ghosts in the Yew (Vesteal, #1) Canyon Hearts (Echo Falls, Texas Cops, #1)