Start by marking “Arisa, Vol. 03 (Arisa, #3)” as Want to Read:
Arisa, Vol. 03 (Arisa, #3)

Arisa, Vol. 03 (Arisa #3)

IN THE SHADOW OF THE MOON

Tsubasa hunt for The King thickens when Arisa's class goes to a planetarium to watch an eclipse and The King makes a decree that turns the chosen against each other. Later, suspicion mounts on Midori, who asks Tsubasa on a date! Can Tsubasa save the day from The King, and protect the stars in her sister's sky from ill fates?

Includes special extra
Published July 12th 2011 by Del Rey (first published December 25th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Arisa, Vol. 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arisa, Vol. 03

Daniel Garcia
Aug 10, 2016 Daniel Garcia rated it it was amazing
I'm love that one book happen problem like with phone in sand see that it nice that hurt like her Book fun enjoy? Have going happened still school student his own happened just like more want something!
Jamie
Aug 06, 2012 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: 12th-grade-books
As the plot escalates, Tsubasa finds an ally, Manabe. Manabe decides that they could work together to figure out who the real KING is. Tsubasa does not object because Manabe already knows Tsubasa's secret and Manabe believes in Tsubasa. They teamed up in order to bring down a common enemy that they have. Therefore, Manabe cannot be the KING... it has to be someone else. I still believe that it is Mariko because she continues to say strange things and she appears with scary looks on her face.

As
Feb 27, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
5 Stars for Arisa vol. 3

My Thoughts and a Mix of the Plot

Okay, first off I thought for sure it was her!!!! Darn plot twists!!!! Who is this person??? Why is he/she so freakin' twisted when it comes to answering wishes??? This is totally how Sherlock Holmes sucked me in! I am a 'why' person. At least we now know 'why' she did it...on to the next set of suspects!

Tsubasa has decided to work with Manabe and he with her, allies now I guess. Together they pool their codes in an attempt to identify th
Mike
Mar 26, 2013 Mike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Arisa is a multiple layered story with mystery elements. I highly recommend starting at the beginning and reading in order.

** This review contains no spoilers for Arisa 3 but will of course have them for previous volumes. **

Tsubasa has gained some leads and potential allies in her hunt for the King, but things have gotten much more dangerous as the King knows she's after him and keeps changing the rules. Only a few will be able to submit wishes, something that won't sit well with those not chose
Luna
Apr 26, 2016 Luna rated it liked it
Series Rating: 3.5Stars (first few volumes are 4 Stars)

I read this series in one sitting, which is quite telling in itself. However I will say now that the story does lag a bit after a few volumes and loses something of the great set up it had at the beginning. That said, the author Natsumi Ando is good at ending chapters/volumes with cliff-hangers. So you get to the end of one book and immediately want to pick up the next one. (Case in point – me.)

The art is excellent and was part of the reason
Austin Phadoungsyavong
I can't stop read this book some good and happen but something strange school and give number if have get from same number then what get wish anything but something in school like mystery school or person or maybe king.
Ryan
Oct 18, 2011 Ryan rated it really liked it
Arisa is a graphic novel series about a King who grants wishes to a special class of students. Arisa has gone missing and her sister has taken her spot in class in hopes of finding out to where her sister has disappeared. Book three sends the students to the planetarium where 5 are picked to have their wishes granted. When one of the five refuses to make a wish, it requires all five to re-submit their wishes, and for another girl to disappear. I really like this series and am glad that the title ...more
Robin Conley
Dec 25, 2013 Robin Conley rated it liked it
I like the mystery of this series, but it's starting to get a bit confusing. There are times within the story that it seems to jump from the present to the past and it isn't clear. Overall, I enjoy the story and the mystery of who the "King" is, but I'm also wanting it to develop a little quicker. That's my one complaint about a lot of manga series, they develop too slowly plot-wise. That being said, this series has a great plot going on, though the characters could use some work. Overall, it's ...more
Mikaela
Apr 22, 2015 Mikaela rated it it was amazing
Ashley
Mar 27, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
Annette
May 10, 2013 Annette rated it it was amazing
This was by far the most emotionally gripping book of the series. When she is in the planetarium and the king is RIGHT THERE it turns out it was just a reflection. Even worse, we see how the students of 2-b actually believe that the king is a type of God, thanking him for their wishes and going to extremes in order to have their wishes asked. It truly goes to show how crazy people get when their desires are granted
Robert J. Roland
Feb 25, 2013 Robert J. Roland rated it really liked it
Tsubasa's will to go on and find out who is after Arisa is great. Really adds emotion to the whole book series. However when you think about it isn't kinda weird how Manabe got one of the king numbers? I mean it he's got to be working some kind of angle. I just don't know what it is. Thats why I can't wait to check out volume 4. I need to know if I'm right!
Megan M
Jun 30, 2012 Megan M rated it really liked it
The suspects have been narrowed to three and the class starts getting violent, wanting their wish to be the one granted by The King. It really is scary watching totally normal teenagers go from laughing and having fun with their friends to bullies who simply don't care if someone kills themselves or not.
RamenCat
Aug 03, 2015 RamenCat rated it it was amazing
Regina Fuller
Oct 16, 2015 Regina Fuller rated it it was amazing
This is book make I think more because Tusbuan become mystery with her twin sister Arisa because Arisa want kill by herself from note.. This book make I think about.. I am enjoying. That book is amazing..
Lara
Mar 09, 2012 Lara rated it really liked it
I'm continuing to really enjoy this series, even though I'm not convinced it always makes much sense. But the main character is really likable, and I like all the intrigue. I also like that Natsumi Ando takes stories you think will be all fluff and sunlight to some really dark places!
Nicole
Aug 24, 2011 Nicole rated it liked it
Not getting much from this series, so this is about as far as I'll go (unless I get additional volumes on the cheap). Was hoping for quicker story development around the mysterious and nameless bully taking advantage of his/her desperate classmates...
Elias Ivan
Jul 09, 2013 Elias Ivan rated it liked it
One of the best and interesting manga I've read in a while. This volume however is getting confusing. Anyone care to help me explain the story a bit?
Rachael Graham
Jul 09, 2013 Rachael Graham rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
A bit different from your average shojo with elements of mystery, suspense and LOTS of twists. Good fun.
Jessica Mercieca
Jessica Mercieca rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
MC
MC rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Jeridel Banks
Jeridel Banks rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2013
Pinar
Pinar rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Hildaria Siregar
Hildaria Siregar rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2011
KC
KC rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2013
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 5
  • Stepping on Roses, Volume 6
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 10: A Heart's Desire... (Shugo Chara!, #10)
  • Nijiiro Days 1 (Nijiiro Days #1)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 6
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 2
  • Papillon 2
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 07 (Barajou no Kiss, #7)
安藤なつみ, Andō Natsumi is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for Zodiac P.I. as well as Kitchen Princess, for which she won the Kodansha Manga Award for children's manga in 2006.

Favorites: Donald Duck
Favourite manga: Ossu! Ichijin and Kimagure Orange Road
Favourites: meats and fruits
Hobbies: shopping, reading and watching TV
More about Natsumi Ando...

Arisa (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Arisa, Vol. 01 (Arisa, #1)
  • Arisa, Vol. 02 (Arisa, #2)
  • Arisa, Vol. 04 (Arisa, #4)
  • Arisa, Vol. 05 (Arisa, #5)
  • Arisa, Vol. 06 (Arisa, #6)
  • Arisa, Vol. 07 (Arisa, #7)
  • Arisa, Vol. 08 (Arisa, #8)
  • Arisa, Vol. 09 (Arisa, #9)
  • Arisa, Vol. 10 (Arisa, #10)
  • Arisa, Vol. 11 (Arisa, #11)