Start by marking “Preschool Art: It's the Process, Not the Product” as Want to Read:
Preschool Art: It's the Process, Not the Product

Preschool Art: It's the Process, Not the Product

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Anyone working with preschoolers and early primary age children will want this book. Over 200 activities teach children to explore and understand their world through open-ended art experiences that emphasize the process of art, not the product. Activities are included for painting, drawing, collage, sculpture, and construction.
Published May 1st 1994 by Gryphon House Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Preschool Art, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Preschool Art

Lisa
Nov 22, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I love this art book, because it has the kind of projects where I put out the materials and tell the kids to go for it. I'm not much into the kinds of projects that I spend tons of time preparing materials, and my kids glue stuff in certain places, and then they're done. The projects in here mean less prep time for me, and more creativity for my kids. The author has also grouped projects by season, and she has put an appoximate amount of time that each project will take, as well as the age that ...more
Artlab
"Variety
Krystal
Nov 04, 2011 Krystal rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It really helped me gain a perspective on preschool art. It's ok if there is no real expected end result, for the kids the most important part of art is the process of creating it using different mediums. I liked that. And even though we'll probably still do some projects with a "finished product" in mind, I really like the idea of letting the kids create art for creation's sake. In fact, it's kind of funny, but while reading this book the light bulb came on in my head about a ...more
Aldene
Feb 13, 2014 Aldene rated it it was amazing
I love MaryAnn F. kohls books and this one is no exception. It's full of wonderful project ideas and recipes that are super easy for busy parents and young children to do together. I have a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old I was able to find lot's of projects we could all do together. A wonderful resorce for parents and so much fun.
Melissa
Jan 25, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book packed with fun ideas!
Nov 28, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art
I love this book! I especially love that there isn't a set adult-decided end goal in mind. This book teaches various art methods and is all about letting the child express themselves through those different methods and mediums. This is the only way to teach art to children, in my opinion. We've especially loved the melted crayon drawing. It's so much fun!
Andi
Sep 11, 2012 Andi rated it it was amazing
Used this book for summer art activities for the daycare. Some really great 'process' art that was fun and had neat results. Will be checking out again, or buying!
Westerville
Mar 29, 2013 Westerville rated it really liked it
Shelves: adults, non-fiction
Subtitle says it all! - Becky, Youth Services

Reserve a library copy.
B
Apr 22, 2010 B rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, she-s-crafty
actually just read the 'craft and construction" portion of this book -
but love the stick-wrapping project for my camping/hiking obsessed L man.
Wendy Roberts
Aug 19, 2011 Wendy Roberts rated it really liked it
Lots of basic, simple ideas with the overarching theme that for little kids...it's the process of art, not always the end product. LOVE!
MaryAnn Kohl
Dec 14, 2014 MaryAnn Kohl rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is the United Kingdom version of the American edition of Preschool Art.
Cristina
Tons of ideas for preschool art.
Rebecca
Mar 27, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Subtitle says it all!
Amanda Kroeschel
Oct 01, 2013 Amanda Kroeschel marked it as to-read
Must get this!!
robert a maloy
robert a maloy marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Mary Putman
Mary Putman rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Su
Su rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Doni
Doni marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Indra
Indra marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
John Wise
John Wise marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Helen Wheelock
Helen Wheelock marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Alyse
Alyse marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Judy Kennedy
Judy Kennedy rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2016
C
C marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Read more about me at my website if you wish.
http:// www. brightring. com
I write art books for children, parents, teachers, and homeschoolers.
And I love love love art for kids!!!

My blog:
More about MaryAnn F. Kohl...