Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 5 (Highschool of the Dead, #5)

Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 5 (Highschool of the Dead #5)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Takashi and his fellow students join up with a band of survivors who have barricaded themselves inside a local mall. Though the shopping center seems a well-stocked place to hide from the undead lurking outside, the policewoman in charge is having a hard time maintaining peace within. The group from Fujimi High would rather not get involved in a power struggle and tries to...more
Published January 24th 2012 by Yen Press (first published January 1st 2011)

Mike
Highschool of the Dead volume 5 contains chapters 18-22 and is a direct continuation of previous volumes. It's best to start at the beginning.

Takashi's group has made their way to a shopping center where a junior police officer and several civilians have holed up waiting for reinforcements. But new potential allies and a source of supplies brings just as many complications as advantages, and more tough choices await as reality intrudes on everyone's plans.

There's a fair bit of character develo...more
Sean O'Hara
The fifth book finds Our Intrepid Heroes holed up in a shopping mall after the failed American nuclear strike of the previous volume knocked out all the electronics in the Tokyo area. Go USA! But they aren't the first people to've found this mall. The other survivors there are marginally under the command of Asami, a rookie cop who was left in charge when her CO am-scrayed to get reinforcements. Now, days later, her authority is breaking down as the civies realized how screwed they are. Will the...more
Courtney
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

Highschool of the Dead is where you get your zombie action. Fast and furious and intense. Nothing in this manga is for the faint of heart. I recommend this manga for those over the age of 16 for more of the sexual aspects registered within this series.

For those of you that are shonen fans, this manga is definitely for you. The amount of ammunition that these teenagers are packing is seriously something that you should all take a look at...more
Robert Dufalo
While it's really a book about "Fan Service" I love the plot. The characters are great and the art is top notch. If you can get over the triple E boobs in every shot, it really is a great story.
This one I only put at 3 stars because I felt it was too wrapped up on one side plot too long.
Jacob Jones
Woo! Love Busujima. She is absolutely awesome and I can't wait to learn more of her past! The tension builds and I can't help but feel for the characters and care about each one of them!
Keya
The Cosplay bonus episode at the end made the book. Otherwise, pretty standard HOTD fare. Glad to finally be beyond where the anime ended though.
James
High school + zombies that's all I have to say.
Francine "Tsukime"
I dreamed of zombies after I read this.
Kimi
Kimi added it
Apr 15, 2014
Sonya
Sonya marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Kshuler.
Kshuler. marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc, Vol. 2 (Higurashi When They Cry Manga, #2)
  • Black Lagoon, Volume 1
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 4 (Death Note: Black Edition #4)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 06 (Soul Eater, #6)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 7 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #7)
  • Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6
  • Blood+, Vol. 01 (Blood+, #1)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 3: The Training of Kame-Sen'nin (Dragon Ball, #3)
  • The World God Only Knows 1
  • Otomen, Vol. 14 (Otomen, #14)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 3
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 2 (Chrono Crusade, #2)
  • Hell Girl, Volume 1
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 3 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #3)
Highschool of the Dead, Band 1 Highschool of the Dead, Band 2 Highschool of the Dead, Band 3 Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 4 (Highschool of the Dead, #4) Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 6 (Highschool of the Dead, #6)