Start by marking “The Thieves Of Legend (Michael St. Pierre, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Thieves Of Legend (Michael St. Pierre, #4)

The Thieves Of Legend (Michael St. Pierre #4)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  153 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
The next ingenious thriller in the Thieves series after The Thieves of Darkness —reformed thief Michael St. Pierre and his crew travel to China on behalf of the U.S. government to obtain a legendary diary that holds the clue to a long-forgotten mystery.

In a baffling world where East meets West and ancient meets modern, a horrific act sets former thief, Michael St. Pierre,

Published November 27th 2012 by Atria Books (first published August 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Thieves Of Legend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thieves Of Legend

Paul Pessolano
Nov 14, 2012 Paul Pessolano rated it really liked it
“The Thieves of Legend” by Richard Doetsch, published by Atria Books.

Category – Mystery/Thriller

This is the fourth in the series of the exploits of Michael St. Pierre. I highly recommend that they be read in sequence, there are some references to past books that could have you scratching your head.

A brief history of Michael St. Pierre, a formidable thief that has forsaken his trade because his wife, who is dying, makes him quit. He makes a pact with the devil who promises to save her if he will
Mark Treadway
Apr 02, 2014 Mark Treadway rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I, too, was a "first reads" winner for this one who had to wait a while to get the book. As documented in other reviews, this was due to a glitch in the delivery chain. When I did receive the book (along with a very nice note from the author), I started on it immediately. I enjoyed it. It is a very unique story and will help if you have read previous entries (this was my first), as it took me a few chapters to settle into the characters. Definitely ramped up as it heads towards the final chapter ...more
Rick F.
Jan 13, 2013 Rick F. rated it it was amazing
Just finished- a very well researched thriller- alot of action, great plot and terrific education on ancient China and Forbidden City.
Maddy
Jun 21, 2015 Maddy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
PROTAGONIST: Michael St. Pierre, security consultant
SETTING: China
SERIES: #4 of 4
RATING: 3.25

Michael St. Pierre is a former thief who has used his knowledge of breaking and entering to build a very successful security consulting firm. His assignments often take him to exotic places around the globe. However, he and his equally adventurous girlfriend, KC Ryan, have promised each other not to undertake any assignments and focus instead on enjoying their life together. However, Michael finds he is
Stephen
Dec 31, 2012 Stephen rated it really liked it
Michael St Pierre and his, at the moment, ex-girl friend KC Ryan are about to embark on a life or death mission....not of their choosing in Richard Doetsch's latest fast paced thriller. Issac Lucas, a US Army is blackmailing Michael in doing an all but impossible mission....and they are going to use KC as the bait that is going to force Michael to take this assignment.
The job is going to take Michael , first to Macao and then to China, to steal a box containing a book and papers that could cha
Todd
Dec 05, 2013 Todd rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, for-review
After trying out a few different genres of books recently (check out my genre snob post), I decided to go back to the action/adventure side of things and check outThe Thieves of Legend by Richard Doetsch. Featuring Michael St. Pierre as the main protagonist, TheThieves of Legendfollows Michael and his ex-girlfriend KC as they travel to China to steal ancient artifacts. Part spy novel and part thriller, the novel is the fourth part of the Michael St. Pierre series and promises to be the most exci ...more
Michael
In "The Thieves of Legend," Richard Doetsch provides a well written story dealing with greed, master thieves and family relationships, all set in the exotic worlds of Beijing and Macau.

Michael St. Pierre is a professional thief. Promising each other a better life, he and his girlfriend, KC have promised not to do any more stealing. However, he's talked into one more caper, stealing back documents from an Italian castle.

KC's faith is Michael is ruined when she learns of his going back on his word
Huda Sarkowi
Mar 11, 2013 Huda Sarkowi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, adventure
Oh wow... Since this is already the fourth book in the series I have the urge of finding the other 3. Gripping, smart and powerfully compelling. It's rare to find a book where mysticism meets modern world without it being too illogical. But this book blends it well. Michael St Pierre and KC are not ordinary thieves but I like the facts that they are also ordinary people with relationship issues like any normal person had. I haven't read the other books but Michael and KC seems not relying much o ...more
David Caldwell
I won a copy on Goodreads Firstreads.
This is another book that is stretching the normal time frame to get to me.It has already been about a month, hope it gets here soon.
Just hit the 6 weeks mark and still haven't gotten the book.Hope it is worth the wait.
Hit the 2 month mark and still no book.To the other winners-Has anyone gotten their copy yet?
Just heard from the author.There was a glitch with sending the books out and he just found out about it.He ordered the books, signed them and sent them
Brian Welsch
Feb 10, 2016 Brian Welsch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good thriller, with some fun twists. My first book from this series and from Doetsch and I'd definitely be interested in the next one. The characters are mostly exactly what you'd expect if you were watching an action movie, but that doesn't detract from anything. The scenes are well described and the action mostly keeps things rolling along even as the back story unfolds.
Nancy
Feb 16, 2013 Nancy rated it it was amazing
"The Thieves Of Legend" by Richard Doetsch

I was a Goodreads First reads winner of this thriller, I absolutely loved it! Well written, great characters, and the settings were so well described I felt like I was there. This is the first book by this author I have read. I am looking forward to more of Michael St. Pierre, and KC, they had great chemistry together. I was so glad for the snow today so I had a excuse to do nothing but sit and read. I will be looking out for the next one of the Thieve
Phil Deschler
Jan 04, 2016 Phil Deschler rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Phil by: Self
A different suspense story than the other books in this series. Richard Doetsch adds more characters then his normal cast. There are really two story lines going and not just Michael and his friends. It is not just Michael stealing something on his own. There is additional tension with the additional characters holding Michael & KC hostage against each other in search a of life giving vial. It is non stop tension that builds to the end of the book. Then in the end when all seems well their p ...more
Chris
Jun 16, 2013 Chris rated it liked it
An okay continuation of the series. Wasn't crazy about the new characters and found the overall storyline to be just okay. The story was decent but I found it to be nice as interesting as the previous plots. Overall it seemed to focus more on the emotional side of things rather than on the mystery of the search. Not sure if I'll be reading the next one. Will have to wait and see if I like the blurb in the cover.
Michael Dennos
Mar 16, 2015 Michael Dennos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Consistent with the first three books, which is to say very entertaining. Though there are times when the backstories of new characters interrupt the flow of the plot, and Doetsch's insistence on shoehorning in mystical elements towards the very end each time never fails to feel at odds with the more grounded tone. All in all, though, another solid entry to this series.
Julie Schoerke
Oct 29, 2012 Julie Schoerke rated it it was amazing
Richard Doetsch is one of my favorite thriller authors. He's done it again with Thieves of Legend. If you're looking for a highly readable, fast-paced thriller that will keep you glued to a comfy chair until you're finished - this is the one for you! I was lucky to have the opportunity to read an advance copy before it was released. LOVED it!
Macjest
Oct 01, 2013 Macjest rated it liked it
As thrillers go, this was merely ok. I didn't feel the need to keep reading and walked away from it quite easily. The ending stretched the lines of plausibility and I'm not not talking about legends. On the other hand, I did enjoy the visit to Macau and to the Forbidden City. I just wish portions of the end hadn't been so hard to follow.
Alton Dean
May 10, 2014 Alton Dean rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I had this for awhile and planned on getting the books in the series before reading. I decided one night to just go ahead and read the story it was amazing and I couldn't put it down. This has very detailed history and places with well developed characters. A must read, now I need to read the others in this series.
SporadicReviews.com (Kevin Bayer)
Enjoyable globe-trotting action/adventure story. Continues the on-going story of Michael St. Pierre, retired world-class thief that can never truly retire. As exciting as these stories are, I wish they'd get back to the blatant supernatural aspects of the very first book in the series.

Lisa
May 28, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
The final installment(so far) in the Michael St. Pierre series. Wonderful wrap up with teasers on what's to come. I've enjoyed the characters throughout the series and look forward to more Michael and KC...
Paul Gallagher
Jan 09, 2013 Paul Gallagher rated it liked it
Doetsch knows his stuff. His work raises the playing field in a genre plagued by mediocrity. The writing is crisp and the pace lightning fast. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Ann
Sep 17, 2012 Ann rated it really liked it
I liked this espionage story. It is #4 in a series. Didn't read first 3 and this was still an easy read. Lots of twists on the story. Enjoy this thriller
Robyn
Feb 07, 2013 Robyn rated it liked it
I have read the previous books in this series and really liked them. This book kept me reading, but I just found it so far fetched.
Aldon
Feb 20, 2013 Aldon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! if you read his past three books of this character then you are in a treat with this one. Cannot wait for the next book!
Mookeypoop Vo
Mar 22, 2013 Mookeypoop Vo rated it really liked it
Best book of the series and the undying regret that happens. KC regretting her decision Michael pushing foward....
Shaun Noble
May 21, 2014 Shaun Noble rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
Some unlikely scenes mar an otherwise good thriller. Still I will read the other books in this series.
Natalie
Jan 02, 2014 Natalie rated it really liked it
good book. have not read others, but probably will now. it holds you.. makes you want to turn the page
Bill
May 08, 2013 Bill rated it liked it
Very good story. Some historical fiction woven in. Made for a good read
Michael
Dec 21, 2012 Michael rated it really liked it
Excellent...give it a try. Little different, but a good story.
Mar 14, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
Fourth book in the series. I am eagerly awaiting book 5.
Cb
Mar 19, 2014 Cb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun adventure.
  • Hard Knocks
  • The Ninth Day (Emma Caldridge, #3)
  • Echo of the Reich (Chris Bronson, #5)
  • Foreign and Domestic  (Captain Jake Mahegan, #1)
  • The Viper
  • Hunt the Wolf: A SEAL Team Six Novel
  • Most Wanted: Pursuing Whitey Bulger, the Murderous Mob Chief the FBI Secretly Protected
  • Targets of Revenge (Jordan Sandor #3)
  • Clementine's Shadow
  • The Hot Country (Christopher Marlowe Cobb Thriller, #1)
  • The Devil's Redhead
  • King Pawn
  • A Rendezvous to Die For
  • Minute Zero (Judd Ryker, #2)
  • The Kill Order  (Sydney Fitzpatrick #5)
  • Harbor Nocturne
  • Battle for Atlantis (Atlantis, #6)
  • Asylum City: A Novel
The Thieves of Legend arrives November 27th.

Early Praise:
"The Thieves of Legend stole my breath with the sheer audacity of its storytelling, proving yet again that this series gets better with every installment. Bold, richly told, and rollicking with adventure, here is a thriller that demands to be read in one tension-wrought sitting. Count me a fan for life!"
James Rollins, New York Times Bests
More about Richard Doetsch...

Michael St. Pierre (4 books)
  • The Thieves Of Heaven
  • The Thieves Of Faith (Michael St. Pierre, #2)
  • The Thieves Of Darkness (Michael St. Pierre, #3)